Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Thanks for coming back - did you do that earlier on or just recently?

I did it a bit earlier. I remembered i had a similar problem with my laptop and cleared out the cookies which sorted that...

• Thanks 1

Posted

Some serious rainfall here today.  23mm since midnight, and another very heavy burst just at the moment, combined with a strong and gusty wind from the east. An evening to be staying in...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Don't like to brag but sent this to Olivia on Monday with only one or two models showing the development of the low to be as good as it has ended up being.

"What this means is that due to lower air flowing left of the geostrophic flow in a low pressure system but with some divergence then we get a cut off bit of rotation and where the divergence and convergence meet, clouds and rain form into a low pressure system. Where this forms is once again difficult to tell so I'm hesitant to call it now but at a guess it should form close enough to bring some rain Wednesday night/sometime Thursday"

• Like 3

Posted

Tell you what this is an impressive this low pressure system. It's packing a real punch here in Welling. Winds strengthening and torrential rain.

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, mulzy said:

Torrential rain and just had a loud crack of thunder.

Huge flash of lightning cracked across the sky here in Surbiton and a rumble followed quite a while later. Rain has cleared through again now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

My God it's grim out there, the BBC yesterday at lunchtime (Ben Rich I think) said Wednesday/Thursday was meant to have a 'drier window' - who are they kidding?

• Like 1

Posted

Turning into something quite significant here - 30mm+ now since midnight and another torrential burst of rain has just started. Surface water flooding on the roads, which will almost certainly lead to another sewage discharge on the beaches due to the overflow. The wind has now gone round to the south and is blowing strongly.

Posted

Blimey there is flooding all over the place. Train cancellations between Lewis and Brighton and Haywards Heath. 

Hands up who left his window open facing east and winds swung round to Southeasterly..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

i'm sure others here might also got a call on their phone line about the KEA telling people they're in a FLOOD EMERGANCE zone which thankfully we weren't but my sister with her husband and kids were. We've not gotten one of those phone calls for a long time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
16 minutes ago, Stroudley said:

Turning into something quite significant here - 30mm+ now since midnight and another torrential burst of rain has just started. Surface water flooding on the roads, which will almost certainly lead to another sewage discharge on the beaches due to the overflow. The wind has now gone round to the south and is blowing strongly.

Lots of flooding here too, just had an amazing torrential shower with very strong gusty winds, looked like a hurricane outside.

• Like 1

Posted

Just the 30.2mm of rain so far today, so that takes the total to 155.8mm and we are only halfway through November

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I thought I heard thunder, really bad out there again... Hythe way

• Like 2

Posted

Crazy rain in our region particularly impacting Sussex & Kent, this EA rain gauge north of Brighton has seen 300mm of rain in first 16 days of November. This could be tracking to be wettest month ever for some locally. We are much more used to seeing these totals in Lake District not in SE England and what a massive flip from earlier in year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Rainfall totals, as calculated by the High Res Radar. Memories of the drought of '22 fading fast now. Are we now on track for a record breaking wet November?

Yesterday (16th) Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Map, Hurricane, Storm

November to 16th Could contain: Art

Source: Netweather Extra

Edited by Blessed Weather
Source added.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted
9 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

My God it's grim out there, the BBC yesterday at lunchtime (Ben Rich I think) said Wednesday/Thursday was meant to have a 'drier window' - who are they kidding?

To be fair the BBC's main model, the ECMWF, still wasn't that keen on the development of the surface layer low pressure system that the GFS forecast with a less divergent atmosphere, however, the GFS turned out to be correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It always rains on my Birthday😊

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

It always rains on my Birthday😊

Happy birthday, hope you have a good day.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Absolutely fantastic morning sunrise, best in a long time here. Couple portrait photos because I wanted to get the reflection in the road properly in.

Could contain: Sunset, Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Silhouette, Sunlight, Flare, Light, Utility Pole, SunriseCould contain: Sunset, Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Silhouette, Sunlight, Utility Pole, Light, Sunrise, Flare

Could contain: Sunset, Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Silhouette, Sunlight, Flare, Light, Utility Pole, Car

Could contain: Silhouette, Utility Pole, Outdoors, Fire

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's been raining solidly for about 48 hours now with it being heavy since about 6pm. Roads will be fun this morning!