Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
45 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

Not really sure what to post.  There's a lot of negative posts on here already!  We are in an area that could go either way, I'm just happy to see more seasonal Weather. It's lovely to experience seasonal frosts and live very close to London.  I've not. been able to venture into the local ancient forest land to experience the frost locally and feel I have lost out. If the frost has is as reliable as it is on my car, ice was very close to zero when I went out at mid day and driving about went up by 2 degrees wherever I went!

What will be will be , I have faith that in the end we shall rejoice in the snow ⛄️ fun. Let the fun begin.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

What will be will be , I have faith that in the end we shall rejoice in the snow ⛄️ fun. Let the fun begin.

Might even be with the Monday Tuesday low which seems to be going through the channel again, just don't move any further north please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Icon 0z doesn't show any snow Late Sunday/ Monday but it does show precip which I assume is likely sleet&snow in the Southeast Tuesday night and Wednesday Morning as we get a better ENEly flow which usually gives us a little Thames streamer set up here🤞 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Person, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Map, Face

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Water

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Face, Head

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Lovely run by Harmonie 0z this for the SE my area seems close to the bullseye with snow from 5pm to 1am as far as it goes when the snow looks to spread Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Sea, Nature, Outdoors, WaterCould contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Personfurther NW through London etc 

• Like 5

Posted

And now for the latest UKMO has a mainly south of the Thames/M4 affair, which is about bloody time! 🙂 Jokes aside its looking promising for some usually snow starved locations in our region

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Text, MapCould contain: Plot, Chart, Text

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Text

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 5

Posted

Or how about GEM? Snow for most of the country lying from Monday until Saturday if this is anywhere near close!

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 5

Posted
58 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Lovely run by Harmonie 0z this for the SE my area seems close to the bullseye with snow from 5pm to 1am as far as it goes when the snow looks to spread Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Sea, Nature, Outdoors, WaterCould contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Personfurther NW through London etc 

Hope that's right 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Some posters in the model forum really need to get a grip sometimes, we are having our coldest December since 2010, likely to last at least another week, and as always some are throwing their toys out their pram because there is small signs of it turning milder in 10 days....I am puzzled why anyone wants this cold weather to continue for the next 2.5 months ...

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, Kentspur said:

Icon 0z doesn't show any snow Late Sunday/ Monday but it does show precip which I assume is likely sleet&snow in the Southeast Tuesday night and Wednesday Morning as we get a better ENEly flow which usually gives us a little Thames streamer set up here🤞 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Person, Land, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water, Map, Face

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Water

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Face, Head

But if produces something for us we need it run through quick and not pull warmer air up from down saaf,if the slack area of low pressure over north sea atm would either fill quickly or at least drop south we would get what you said even now ,but it  doesn't seem to be  in much of  hurry there was one big hefty shower in southern North Sea   see that didn't know  where to go because of no proper wind direction its foated about there most of the night ,may be if anything a stray shower from the north west but that's a fair way to keep its intensity 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Nature, Water, Outdoors, White Board

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Sea, Water, Outdoors, Nature

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

03z UKV hooks in some snow for parts of Kent and south Essex tomorrow night. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

EC just a Kent affair

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Plant, Tree, Outdoors

Other models not really showing anything getting inland, though GFS swings some showers back NW to the south ànd west of London later Monday and into Tuesday morning.

Kent looks the hotspot for something more prolonged but wouldn't rule out the odd snow shower / flurry further north or west. Will come down to nowcasting as models may be downplaying inland extent.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have just taken to now casting with any snow. Can't be disappointed that way! Would be nice to see some before Christmas!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Dead on - 5 here at the moment. The cats shouted at me to go outside, then refused when I opened the window. Sensible. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

With what’s going on in the SW at the moment, feeling strangely confident that something may occur Sunday/Monday. Models underplaying the precip somewhat. 

Edited by Snowman.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A frigid -6c at shoreham airport this morning. About 200m from the sea.

• Like 1

Posted

Met office radar app showing light precipitation for my area on Monday as the winds switch to North East. Nothing in forecast though 

I wonder if this will be a rerun of March 2018 when it started with very fine snow which became very sense and ended up giving us a few cms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
32 minutes ago, Stroudley said:

Each morning is getting colder!   -5.4 the low overnight. 

That's the coldest for us since 1 Dec 2015 

Dec 2015? Wasn't it like 16c then? Lol

• Like 1

Posted

Icon now shifts the Sunday and Monday event south east. Ironic that as soon as the met office issued a warning for it yesterday we have trended away.  Fully expect warnings to be dropped in an hour or so.  Which might be a good thing 😉

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Feel like tomorrow night into Monday will be a case of watching the radar to see what happens, something more could evolve out of this than what the models are showing. But then maybe nothing will happen at all. 

But at least some are in with a chance, especially the further SE you go!

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
4 minutes ago, TSNWK said:

Icon now shifts the Sunday and Monday event south east. Ironic that as soon as the met office issued a warning for it yesterday we have trended away.  Fully expect warnings to be dropped in an hour or so.  Which might be a good thing 😉

Not over yet image.thumb.gif.e423790888f0d636765d7c546c64be3d.gifimage.thumb.gif.efa69a319b8cd6a285522af5efa0994b.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
3 minutes ago, Nick F said:

06z GFS moves back northwest, maybe more than Kent still in the game...for now

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Plant, Tree, Outdoors

And with chance of snow south east I’m still Learning I’m puzzled how folks are saying it will be good thing if this stays to the south missing uk this could be only chance of winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Yes it is incredibe the lengths we have to go to in our part of the world to see a flake...

It will be incredible...but not unexpected i suppose if many of us in the se dont see a flake throughout next week. 

While we are watching lamposts other areas of the world are or have been digging themselves out of metres of snow in some cases...take the recent lake effect snow in upper New York state....the regular noreasters encountered over there with prolonged heavy snowfalls...the other side of the world ...eastern med and Japan to name a few.

Its all about geography i suppose and changing weather patterns. The less you have the more you want...

Well i 'm just glad we are having a few decent frosts...help to cleanse the ground.....and who knows may still get a surprise but i am not holding my breath....