Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

My weather station in Ramsgate shows  temperatures never really dropped below freezing last night. A light frost cover on cars and surfaces this morning though.

Let’s see the risk of snowfall increase as this afternoon progresses 🤞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold, ice, frost, thundersnow,
1 minute ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The Met Office have more snow symbols for my location 😊❄️

Same here. Not sure how much snow we will get as it will be a nowcast event. Could range from no snow to 10cms depending on if we get lucky with heavy precipitation. Could also be that localised that one of us gets a dusting and the other gets a significant covering.

Radar watching looks like being the main forecasting tool over weather apps today it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Fog and frost here ..not a breath of wind...birds eating the berries ...real wintry feel...in fact when i awoke ar 6am and looked out the fog was so thick i couldnt see accross the road...thinned a bit now..temp minus 3.5....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Shows rain here all day from mid-morning and no sign of snow so I expect nothing sadly

Got the sun out here, temp rising and a positive DP, so in same boat if anything falls. Was some strange showers yesterday evening though. 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Got the sun out here, temp rising and a positive DP, so in same boat if anything falls. Was some strange showers yesterday evening though. 

Guess it’s a good thing the snow isn’t forecast till this evening so hopefully they will drop down. Cloudy in canterbury still, hoping for a covering. Trains are currently screwed due to ice on tracks between FAV - DVP via CBE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Nice pics in central southern group...hoping this area can move further east before dying...

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Posted

Just checked my weather station and the lowest temp last night was actually 6:35 this morning when it dipped to -8.2c now quite balmy at -7.1c . The blue sky of earlier is filling in, hopefully those snow showers to the west will continue to come across. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
10 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Shows rain here all day from mid-morning and no sign of snow so I expect nothing sadly

Thats the spirit...

To be fair, I think you're correct here, clear signs that the trough's on either side are bringing in warmer dewpoints but by the evening nightfall, I expect we'll see a cooling of the temperatures and a dropping off of the dewpoints. The placement of the trough will be important later as it may cause a slight WAA with evaporative cooling in areas so a mix of rain, maybe freezing rain, sleet and snow with the close to freezing dewpoints meaning quite the mix.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature, Face, Person, Head

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Water, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Map

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I woke up thinking all the weather stations in my town were broken and stuck on -5, despite it being after sunrise! 
The local low over night appears to have been -7.1 I'm in South Woodham by the River Crouch. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, moogyboobles said:

I woke up thinking all the weather stations in my town were broken and stuck on -5, despite it being after sunrise! 
The local low over night appears to have been -7.1 I'm in South Woodham by the River Crouch. 

It's a sunny -5C here, too: and there's a lovely hoarfrost now the fog has lifted out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Fog has cleared here now. It's currently - 4.8°.  I've got frost covered spiderwebs on the windows and tree that is so frost covered, it looks like a fake, white one

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

I like most want nothing more than snow but I'd be almost as happy if these frosty conditions continued. Lovely walking on the field margins with the grass crunching underfoot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Stunning morning here, everything white and beautiful soft pastel colours in the sky.

Currently -3°c.

Looking at the models I think any precip falling as snow is going to miss me 😢

GFS Wednesday looks exciting lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Foggy start here with temperatures down to -3c. It probably isn’t going to get much warmer than that today. I will need to lament about that patch of falling snow over the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Still have thick fog here with frost. Absolutely bitter out there. Still sitting at about -3°c. 

Hoping for some snow later tonight.