Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Looks promising in the channel ATM lots of energy perhaps the low is forming already 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Big pink blob over the Cotswolds - not foggy here just thick frost, could be a good morning to visit the Christmas tree plantation 🎄

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Vegetation, Plant, Map, Atlas, Diagram

seems to be circulating west of you up towards northampton. hopefully it may swing more to the east for you 😄

Posted

Lowest temp last night -6.3, still -6.1 now. Very thick frost with all the spiders webs coated and looking beautiful. Lovely and sunny as well.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I think we'll get some snow, the timing is much better than previously on the models as to when it advects so that natural cooling within the air parcels its associated with can take place. Evaporative cooling cools that air parcel further but warms the air around it hence the strongest precipitation should come as snow with the highest area of convection.

If we take a sounding from the GFS it's fairly borderline but Ibthink its overdoing the temperature profiling just ever so slightly and there may be more of a temperature difference with height and there may be more vorticity driving up the precipitation than even the hi red models can see I would think and the gravity waves not being accounted flr could.mean areas of quite heavy snow may form along a cold upper profiling with a cool dewpoint, in more specific areas.

Could contain: Modern Art, Art, Pattern, Accessories

Could contain: CAD Diagram, Diagram

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Lowest temp last night -6.3, still -6.1 now. Very thick frost with all the spiders webs coated and looking beautiful. Lovely and sunny as well.

Yes - my wife has pointed out how I haven’t cleaned any railings …….

I don’t recall so many spiders webs covered in rime in winters past ….perhaps the late warmth of autumn and quick switch to cold is the reason 

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, TSNWK said:

Are we at risk of milder air with temps making this marginal or worse as the low draws air in off the channel 

I believe if right on coast then yes but inland snow. Not sure tho! Dover Folkestone might be marginal but I’d expect snow here in canterbury… fingers crossed 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Yup, sadly it is pouring with rain here in Eastbourne. Booo! only 1C but coming in from the south. maybe later on it may change back to snow here. 😞

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool summers and snowy winters!

Good morning! This winter is starting to look very interesting, certainly better than the last two - bland and mild 😣. Winter 2021-22 was a snowless one for me here, quite unusual. Right now, I'm watching some showers approaching the Essex coast, dew point is 0.6°C, temperature -1.2°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

According to the model waffle output thread, it is going to warm up next weekend, but will the cold return in time for Christmas? Cue 1 million posts before 25th December.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Mini warm spell in the last hour the frost has come out of the ground and we have a bit of drizzle, dramatic change since the icy start. Dull and damp weather now here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looking at the models there does seem to be evidence of an area of snow that will move west/north west out of the Channel/Southern North Sea overnight.

06z UKV

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Rainforest, Vegetation, Outdoors, Nature, Plant

Still a case of watching the precipitation in the channel to see how it behaves as the day goes on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
8 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Looking at the models there does seem to be evidence of an area of snow that will move west/north west out of the Channel/Southern North Sea overnight.

06z UKV

Still a case of watching the precipitation in the channel to see how it behaves as the day goes on.

Why is it raining/sleeting south of Canterbury? Doesn't bode well for later

13 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Radar is looking impressive 👀🌨

It isn't, it's rain/sleet and iceballs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
11 minutes ago, TROY said:

Mini warm spell in the last hour the frost has come out of the ground and we have a bit of drizzle, dramatic change since the icy start. Dull and damp weather now here.

Yes in Eastbourne it’s the same too. 2c right now and still hoping for snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

That lot out to my east looks like its making its way in now .... 

On 09/12/2022 at 06:26, Blessed Weather said:

The big blob continues to head south but what will precipitation fall as? Radar suggests it was sleet/wet snow as it moved off the North Sea into Norfolk, but the leading edge appears to be turning ever more to snow as it moves further south into the cold air. Current trajectory is towards London; how far will it get? Will it be snow when it arrives?

Radar 06.00:

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Vegetation, Plant

Nearly always snow even when it's green in past years here so all to play for 😃 

There's a big cluster above that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Sill -1 outside where I am and the fog ain't going anywhere, likely to be an ice day for me, so if the weather plays ball later today it could be fun. 

Could contain: Weather, Outdoors, Nature, Neighborhood, Fog, Housing, Building, Architecture, Smoke

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I wait for 2 hours for the precipitation to reach me... and it ends up falling as rain. What a cold spell! Enjoying the frosts though.