Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is winter over now👀

in the words of Karen Carpenter ''it's only just begun'''.... 12th December today, so a good 80 days of winter left to go. who knows what it might bring considering lots here never thought it would snow in the SE ever again 🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The temperature has crept above freezing and we have drizzle now.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is winter over now👀

No it's only just started, whether we get anymore cold spells once this one finishes, or anymore snow on the other hand who knows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

No it's only just started, whether we get anymore cold spells once this one finishes, or anymore snow on the other hand who knows.

The snow seems to have caught many people by surprise in London, with little if any gritting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I do find it funny how some in the other regional threads moan about how the SE gets the attention when there is heavy snow, or calling us southern softies etc. It’s the same comments every time the SE gets snow.

Plus many of us had a pretty heavy fall, it was no dusting for large parts of the region. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 hour ago, Gowon said:

I haven't got a name for him yet. 😄

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Snow, Snowman

I'm calling him Frank (short for Frankenstein) because he looks scary .

• Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, danm said:

I do find it funny how some in the other regional threads moan about how the SE gets the attention when there is heavy snow, or calling us southern softies etc. It’s the same comments every time the SE gets snow.

Plus many of us had a pretty heavy fall, it was no dusting for large parts of the region. 

What causes the se problems, but not necessarily further north on places that often get snow is not being prepared. They know what snow does, some have the right tires, most know how to drive the conditions, and they always have stuff with them incase a road gets blocked by a drift and they have to wait it out. Literally none of that is true for the south. They just carry on as normal and get in to trouble.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course
10 minutes ago, Nick F said:

A mist was eerily descending in the first photo. But so Christmassy in a Dickensian way.

It's an unusually monochrome post snow landscape out there today, definitely an ethereal atmosphere 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

It feels less cold today with a slight thaw and sound of dripping, is spring around the corner? Love the snow but miss the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
20 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What causes the se problems, but not necessarily further north on places that often get snow is not being prepared. They know what snow does, some have the right tires, most know how to drive the conditions, and they always have stuff with them incase a road gets blocked by a drift and they have to wait it out. Literally none of that is true for the south. They just carry on as normal and get in to trouble.

Not convinced many northerners have winter tyres, except those that live in the Highlands or other mountainous areas. 

Manchester airport was shut two days ago due to nothing more than a light dusting. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, TROY said:

It feels less cold today with a slight thaw and sound of dripping, is spring around the corner? Love the snow but miss the sunshine.

It’s one snow event. Probably an age before we get another one. It’s winter, it’s suppose to be cold. Spring is 3.5 months away, Christmas hasn’t happened. 

A nice cold and dry week ahead before the milder temps return for the weekend. 

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Gowon said:

I'm calling him Frank (short for Frankenstein) because he looks scary .

As you went all mythological on us I thought ide be a proper giza and do a pyramid model,not to scale (hands cold )but my mummie said it was ok 🙂

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Winter, Ice, Wheel, Machine, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Winter, Ice, Wheel, Machine, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Bench, Furniture, Winter, Weather, Snow, Shelter, Building, Architecture

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Bench, Furniture, Winter, Snow

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
5 minutes ago, TN9 said:

As you went all mythological on us I thought ide be a proper giza and do a pyramid model,not to scale (hands cold )but my mummie said it was ok 🙂

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Bench, Furniture, Winter, Weather, Snow, Shelter, Building, Architecture

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Bench, Furniture, Winter, Snow

🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not a snow angel today but paid a visit to the knife angel (who did have a snowy dusting) on my way home - wasn’t prepared for quite how emotional it would be especially talking to a victim’s father 😢 

“The sculpture, made from over 100,000 seized blades, was specifically created to highlight the negative effects of violent behaviour whilst solidifying our critical need for social change. Not only does the Angel act as a catalyst for turning the tide on violent and aggressive behaviour, but it is also acts as a beautiful memorial designed to celebrate those lives who have been lost through these violent and thoughtless actions.” 

Anyway weather wise, no thaw here my road is quite crispy already - definitely an “ice ice baby” warning for tonight/tomorrow morning ⚠️ take care 

Could contain: Art, Wood, Bronze, Person, Woman, Adult, Female, Face, Head, Urban

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Not a snow angel today but paid a visit to the knife angel (who did have a snowy dusting) on my way home - wasn’t prepared for quite how emotional it would be especially talking to a victim’s father 😢 

“The sculpture, made from over 100,000 seized blades, was specifically created to highlight the negative effects of violent behaviour whilst solidifying our critical need for social change. Not only does the Angel act as a catalyst for turning the tide on violent and aggressive behaviour, but it is also acts as a beautiful memorial designed to celebrate those lives who have been lost through these violent and thoughtless actions.” 

Anyway weather wise, no thaw here my road is quite crispy already - definitely an “ice ice baby” warning for tonight/tomorrow morning ⚠️ take care 

Could contain: Art, Wood, Bronze, Person, Woman, Adult, Female, Face, Head, Urban

We did have a clear spell sun came out but not for long by the looks 

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Car, Vehicle, Utility Pole, Person, Alloy Wheel, Sky, Cable

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Both Met and Beeb have a single snowflake over my location 5pm and 5pm.....am I greedy hoping for a little more?

Posted

Went to local shop, still some patches if ice about from Saturdays ice accumulation, but thankfully most of its gone and got to the shop and back with no slipping and sliding. Can't believe the rain didn't melt it all though.