Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's normal rain, but where there was ice, there's still ice, but you can't see it now. So more dangerous here, if your caught off guard.

Posted

Well, so much for the BBC forecast of 8c by 3pm. It struggled to reach 2c here in St Neots.

steady cold rain though, and expect the temps to rise throughout the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

It was decorated a Gonk last year 😀

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Potted Plant, Festival, Christmas Decorations, Christmas, Christmas Tree

I can’t keep them alive, tried watering/not watering, warm place / cool place - they never last until Chrimbo never mind beyond 🥹

I still have mine in February sometimes 😆 

They must like me 😆 🤣 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

John Hammond’s Week-Ahead QuickCast hints of festive weather returning in time for Christmas ⛄

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

It's normal rain, but where there was ice, there's still ice, but you can't see it now. So more dangerous here, if your caught off guard.

yea only where its compressed its holding on ,but lethal none the less 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

It's now 8.4C down here, and we have had 19.6mm of rain with another squall expected in a couple of hours. 😬 It has been below 8C since 6th December. The sea has been churned up by the stronger SW winds -  I can even hear it roaring through the double glazing.

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

John Hammond’s Week-Ahead QuickCast hints of festive weather returning in time for Christmas ⛄

How much funding does the Met Office get?

The total price for the PWS outlined in the CSA for 2021/22 is £116.8m. This is funded by £97.8m from BEIS, £17m from aviation with the remainder revenue from wholesaling data or international research grants.

so your tax is paid to them  but they wont let (which people here  are weather enthusiasts) mostly i think ? ,so we cant get what they know , but we mostly pay for it ,because a little bit is paid by aviation and  and couple of commercial people we as weather enthusiasts get bum deal ,what do they think  will do ?grass to Gatwick air traffic control ? ,PWS ...public weather service not keep your secrets up your sleeve  

please move if wrong place ..bit of a moan really ..imagine them going  on strike ,I'm taking the processor we are out of here boys ,wouldn't have clue would we or if we did  a big chunk of data missing 

• Like 1

Posted

I can’t remember where I heard it, and it might be a load of tosh, but have a vague recollection that there are restrictions on what they can share, and when, because some of it is based on information from other national weather services from around the world and is subject to copyright. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, Snow tyre said:

It's now 8.4C down here, and we have had 19.6mm of rain with another squall expected in a couple of hours. 😬 It has been below 8C since 6th December. The sea has been churned up by the stronger SW winds -  I can even hear it roaring through the double glazing.

That must be so nice to hear the sea all year round.
Also do you have low light pollution to allow for stargazing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

So the mad thread is all excited again.

• Like 3

Posted
42 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Yes and no! Spray is horribly corrosive and I have to be very careful with tools. Skies can be wonderful  - we watched Jupiter's moons most of the summer and autumn. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Why is the Atlantic such a left trouser leg laminate floor😒

Literally because of the jet stream, the warm water coming up from the tropics. 

• Insightful 1

Posted

If the old saying “ an inch of rain equals a foot of snow” was true and this low pressure had run into but not dislodged the cold then we would have 1 foot of snow dive yesterday. ( in metric that would be 30.48 cms) 😁

Posted

Wow-ee the difference in how mild it feels to me outside this morning compared to only yesterday is just incredible.

Despite the mild temp there's still some clumps of melting snowy ice visible on areas of the lawn which I suppose just goes to highlight how much snow fell last week in North London.

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Ice, Weather, Outdoors, Nature

Edited by SilentSnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Horrid morning windy with driving rain and 10.5 here in Locksbottom! Much preferred the cold and snow of last week which is now a memory as it all disappeared late last night and early hours of this morning.Looks like a relatively mild working week for us in SE thread with temps of 8-11 and no overnight frost to contend with.May get a little colder by next weekend to average temperatures but the models are really struggling with things atm so possible we may get colder if things fall our way.If you are going upto northern England or Scotland for Xmas then you have a bit of a chance of a white Xmas it would seem(the further north you go the better).🎅🏻

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, 80sWeather said:

Yes and no. we get some sea spray too which can be pretty corrosive - i have to take care of my tools. We have incredibly bright street lamps for no obvious reason to our north but to the south the visibility has been great to count the moons of Jupiter through the telescope over the summer. Wet and windy has continued though; I am still drying out from walking the dog for 20 minutes!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
50 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Snow chance of snow this Christmas down south in my opinion. Try telling that to the posters in the MOD thread🤐

You are right on that.As I mentioned earlier it looks just like Scotland ,parts of NI and parts of the very north of England that COULD  get a white Xmas.I have been on the MOD thread just now and got out again unscathed and the 06z would be a peach for the SE FROM 27th/28th December for snow chances.Problem is I don’t think it will have much support from UKMO or ECM🙁.We can but dream though for a Christmas miracle 🎅🏻❄️👍

Edited by Hotspur62
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Now i'm not a winter person, in fact it's my worst season, but the thought if all this rain was snow I can imagine how white it would look like outside and how many traffic problems there would be on the road it would create a lockdown i'd bet

Posted

But good old gfs ..comes in just after boxing day with a late Christmas cracker ,there was  always a chance boxing day or early day after from a week or so ago ..but that far out you have take it with pinch of salt ,because it if that comes off later in run your need a  few lorry  loads 🙂

Posted
2 hours ago, TN9 said:

But good old gfs ..comes in just after boxing day with a late Christmas cracker ,there was  always a chance boxing day or early day after from a week or so ago ..but that far out you have take it with pinch of salt ,because it if that comes off later in run your need a  few lorry  loads 🙂

tomorrow never comes 😉😉😄 😄 

only in the models that is 🙂

• Like 1

Posted

Just enough to plant a tree 🌳 in the top ..flooding quite a lot around here  ,or a least big puddles ,rivers are torrents ,wind gusting  very strong too 

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Lawn, Path, Sidewalk, Walkway, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Lawn, Walkway, Path, Flagstone, Backyard, Outdoors, Yard, Nature

17 minutes ago, MAF said:

tomorrow never comes 😉😉😄 😄 

only in the models that is 🙂

Mirage you mean lol  ,the patten was always there but its a bit like scotch mist 😞

Edited by TN9