Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Daytime maximum for this area in the upcoming colder spell are still showing around 6c. Less cold here this morning in slough, 5c with a little sun to welcome the first day of Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Happy damp daff day - I’m going to Bedfordshire might be dryer there (hopefully) 

I heard the “S” word on the telly box weather forecast this morning … 😳

Could contain: Toy

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Visiting my daughter's and once again the view from her house (Strood looking over Rochester) providing some interest. This morning I watched a very long and distinctive cloud 'front' travelling across Kent on the easterly wind. Checking the fax chart didn't reveal any feature, but checking Arpege mean wind flow chart and it looks like it was caused by the wind convergence taking place further south from here.

Diolch yn fawr to MAF and Snowangel-MK for the St David's Day wishes. 🙂

Could contain: Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Panoramic, Sky, Cityscape, Urban, City, Cloud  Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Art

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The cold weather is coming: latest Met Office forecast: 👍

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Visiting my daughter's and once again the view from her house (Strood looking over Rochester) providing some interest. This morning I watched a very long and distinctive cloud 'front' travelling across Kent on the easterly wind. Checking the fax chart didn't reveal any feature, but checking Arpege mean wind flow chart and it looks like it was caused by the wind convergence taking place further south from here.

Diolch yn fawr to MAF and Snowangel-MK for the St David's Day wishes. 🙂

Could contain: Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Panoramic, Sky, Cityscape, Urban, City, Cloud  Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person, Art

Yea strange one, but nothing even on the  highest hills but cold,coldest,rain not even sleet ..but interesting if you like that  sort of thing..:) 

Posted
19 hours ago, Polaris said:

MAD thread really going now. It’s gone from day 10 to day 7 now. 

Meanwhile Majorca Spain receives up to 10cm of snow at low levels and a foot of snow in mountains. 

newFile.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=w
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Locals are advised to stay indoors as storm Juliette causes fierce snow storms and freezing temperatures

No beach balls just snow balls 🙂

19 hours ago, Polaris said:

MAD thread really going now. It’s gone from day 10 to day 7 now. 

Meanwhile Majorca Spain receives up to 10cm of snow at low levels and a foot of snow in mountains. 

newFile.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=w
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Locals are advised to stay indoors as storm Juliette causes fierce snow storms and freezing temperatures

No beach balls just snow balls , my dad lives in moraira Eastern Spain by the  coast and I spoke to him monday and he said we haven't had any snow here yet but its bloody freezing reminds me of working at Denton wharf at Gravesend in a Easterly 🙂

🙂

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's not even that bad down here, sunny spells with cloud, warm in the sun, but the wind was chilly, been the same for a while. Didn't want to write it as, most have had nothing but cloud. We seem to be on the edge today. Some other days have been mostly blue except for showers. Yesterday was horrible though, wet and misty, and 2⁰ with rain once the east wind kicked in 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm very much over the cold now. Come March I'm not interested in snow, just want beautiful warm spring weather.

Posted
10 hours ago, MAF said:

wave for me if you go past my old workplace (RAF Henlow) 🙂

Was close by, oh and it sleeted 🥶

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Latest weather conditions and forecasts for the UK and the world. Includes up to 14-days of hourly forecast information, warnings, maps, and the latest editorial analysis and videos from the BBC Weather Centre.

Now, he's either got a new baby, or he's been partying all night lol!  Still....they are going for a very cold, snowy (possibly) spell...just in time for my birthday 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For anyone interested, I've just posted the February 2023 and Winter 2022/23 weather stats and analysis over in the Regional Weather Records and Stats thread. I've also posted some recent media thoughts about the indications for a continuation of recent drought conditions in Summer 2023.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a lovely spring day. I was out in the garden in my T-shirt and Bermuda Shorts. I cut the grass and planted tomatoes, beans, courgettes, etc. After all, the metrological winter is over, so what could possibly go wrong?🥶

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

well it's absolutely lovely out in the sun today. so any snow potential in the sun's warmth might be reduced. however, if it gets really cold again, i am worried about heating billls going into march where normally the heating would be unused during the day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely and sunny today for a change, 9c and light winds feel great in the warming sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
2 hours ago, snowblind said:

Based on the mod thread, there is a consistent theme of low pressure in the North Sea, coupled with the cold weather alert mentioning the same LP. Should be an interesting 1st half to the week

Now if only we had £1 for everytime the mod thread mentioned about strength of the sun and lying snow....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I think it’s shaping up that it will very much go down to the wire as to whether we share in the snow fun and games or just get cold miserable rain next week. It would be nice to have a “nailed on” scenario every now and then where there was no marginality at play but I guess, down here, it just doesn’t work out like that very often, especially this late in the season.

My assumption is that in the early part of the week, when the air’s cold enough, there won’t be any precipitation around, and when it eventually does arrive the cold air will be mixed out too much. Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised and all that!

• Like 5

Posted
5 hours ago, MAF said:

well it's absolutely lovely out in the sun today. so any snow potential in the sun's warmth might be reduced. however, if it gets really cold again, i am worried about heating billls going into march where normally the heating would be unused during the day 

Must be me then, I have thermal socks, thermal leggings, thermal vest and a woolly jumper on…..and I’m still cold 🥹and that’s indoors with the heating on…. can’t wait for it to get really cold 😳 we will probably only end up with a flurry in a hurry or a fleeting sleeting day Tuesday so not really feeling excited if it’s not full on like it was 5 years ago ! 

Posted

My worry for next week here in Kent anyway but for many in the SE is that it will be cold and dry and the beginning of the week and we the LP moves in from the west it either is to far north and hit France or that the cold air will not be strong enough and we have either snow/sleet that turns to rain quick or just rain! For me and all snow lovers I wouldn’t get my hopes up for anything until late Tuesday/Wednesday high res model runs! But I guess think the worst and then if we get a good amount of snow it would be amazing lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning

Mod thread starting to fill up with in my back yard posts, excitedly showing charts full of snow if you live Midlands north.

A gloomy start here, currently 4.8c with a lighter wind than last night, felt bitter in the strong NE’ly!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Morning

Mod thread starting to fill up with in my back yard posts, excitedly showing charts full of snow if you live Midlands north.

A gloomy start here, currently 4.8c with a lighter wind than last night, felt bitter in the strong NE’ly!

I’m quietly optimistic Lottie! Never know with snow. Let’s just hope it’s better than the snow before Christmas which was awful for us in south east Kent! 

• Like 1

Posted

Despite all the talk in the MOD thread still no mention of snow in the forecast on the met office site for our region. Talk of frost overnight and wintry showers, mainly on coasts in the Sunday to Tuesday bit. Max temperatures forecast to be between 8 and 5 degrees during that same period. Too much chopping and changing after then to be sure of anything. There is the possibility of a channel low which the ECM seems keen on taking a long way north introducing the mild air across our region. Other models have it further south which keeps us in the colder air but will it be cold enough for snow? Or, as usually happens, will it miss to the south and keep us colder but mainly dry?

• Like 1