Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So funny seeing all these "coverings". Is this really how snow starved we've all become? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
Just now, DJ Fart said:

So funny seeing all these "coverings". Is this really how snow starved we've all become? 

Sadly Yes lol,  getting a belter of snow fest requires so much to fall in place. Im banking this one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
46 minutes ago, DJ Fart said:

Is that simply because you only had a fartful in Essex DJ Fart?

Mid December I had snow "covering" for a week!! Today a few CMs...can't complain IMBY but understand why others would when it doesn't go the way we dream of.

Posted
2 hours ago, m1chaels said:

Would have preferred to watch the snow fall but had to watch the match and couldn't see a lot as so much went onto my glasses...

Were you at WHL? If so, commiserations. My son and grandson were there so share your woe!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Well I'm not sure what I think of today's snowfall. Awoke to quite a nice covering of a few cm and enjoyed watching some big ol' fluffy flakes come tumbling down later in the morning. But. I don't recall the last time I experienced such a slushy event. Walking the dogs this morning it looked oh so charming and yet when walking through the woods it was all drip, drip, drip: so much so it actually felt like it was raining when it was actually melting snow.

I do think this may well have been the wettest snow day I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Small chance of a sleet/wintry Friday for mainly the North of our Region and East Anglia? As the system slips back in and Milder air pushed back to our SE?

Slim Pickings but something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This cold spell if that's what you can call it, was overhyped. I think a proper cold period is brewing further into Smarch.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
8 hours ago, DJ Fart said:

Well I wasn’t expecting anything at all so my “covering” was exciting, I honestly thought I was too far north for the first wave & too far south for the second - if the temp/DP had been better it would have been quite a lot, but seeing snowfall from 5am pretty much all day was unexpected-….  it’s still hanging on for life this morning, it’s sleeting atm which I know will turn to rain and wash it away but certainly better than nothing just not as good as the pre Christmas ❄️ 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
7 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Well I wasn’t expecting anything at all so my “covering” was exciting, I honestly thought I was too far north for the first wave & too far south for the second - if the temp/DP had been better it would have been quite a lot, but seeing snowfall from 5am pretty much all day was unexpected-….  it’s still hanging on for life this morning, it’s sleeting atm which I know will turn to rain and wash it away but certainly better than nothing just not as good as the pre Christmas ❄️ 

Your 50 mins drive away . I'm off to Kent today I guess im going to notice the difference 

Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Nature, Countryside, Hut, Rural, Yard, Weather, Housing, Snow

• Like 1

Posted

Approx 10cm’s at bluebell hill yesterday apparently. Always a good spot in marginal events at over 600ft.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Winter, Bench, Furniture, Tree, Snow, Blizzard

Could contain: Sled

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There is probably around 1cm in places this morning, however the snow is already melting as less cold air moves in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's snowing again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

This cold spell if that's what you can call it, was overhyped. I think a proper cold period is brewing further into Smarch.

I don't think anyone north of London will agree with this being over hyped after today . This time it's London's turn to here about snow causing problems while sitting there wondering what all the hype is about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
22 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I don't think anyone north of London will agree with this being over hyped after today . This time it's London's turn to here about snow causing problems while sitting there wondering what all the hype is about.

Yes live cam feed all good here for March 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stewfox said:

Your 50 mins drive away . I'm off to Kent today I guess im going to notice the difference 

Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Nature, Countryside, Hut, Rural, Yard, Weather, Housing, Snow

You might not ! Depends when you get here - currently have heavy snow that’s sticking better than yesterday 😆

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Winter, Plant, Vegetation, Snow, Blizzard, Storm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
29 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yes, hoping to get some photos sent over later from a holiday cottage we recently stayed in, 1000 ft up in the Peak District. They seem to be in the 25-40cms zone, so should be epic for them.

• Like 1

Posted

Radar v Window…. 

radars say sleet ….window says sNOw ! 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Text

Could contain: Vegetation, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Land, Tree, Woodland, Ice, Grove, Snow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stewfox said:

Well still bring the sledge  but bring a couple whores with you it will double up as  dingy ..4c and belting down horrible gruesome day tbh ...

Sorry oars ..lol 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Radar v Window…. 

radars say sleet ….window says sNOw ! 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Text

Could contain: Vegetation, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Land, Tree, Woodland, Ice, Grove, Snow

Shane it's right about the rain down here lol, missed out on all snow this year. At least I had that icy fall that looked like snow, day before the rain that gave good snowfall to most of the south east in December.

Posted

A decent enough covering in Ely for a time last night (probably around 3-4cm) but by morning has melted away on any pavements. Currently spitting with rain/sleet. 

Yesterday had to endure a day of wet snizzle/sleet which was frustrating but to be expected this time of year! 

It says a lot though that a temp splatttering of 3-4cm which has mostly melted by morning in Ely has been the highlight of the winter snow wise... lol roll on spring  

Posted

Still snowing, at least it entertains the smudge our house cat who won’t go outside no matter what the weather is like … this was her face when I asked her if she’d like to go outside and play 😁

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Black Cat

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Manx, Black Cat

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
33 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Well still bring the sledge  but bring a couple whores with you it will double up as  dingy ..4c and belting down horrible gruesome day tbh ...

Sorry oars ..lol 

Damn, too late, we’re already on our way.😉