Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Wow, now that was quite the crack of thunder across the sky! I thought a truck had shed its load on the road outside! It's been an interesting day of weather. A fair bit of sunshine and blue skies surrounded by hefty clouds, leading to lots of squally interludes with quite wild winds and heavy rain turning up suddenly, and then the sun coming out again. The trees are currently waving energetically and we're in the middle of a very heavy rain shower.

I'm loving the skies, you get those big beefy piles of clouds that are white and grey with the sunshine lighting it all up. Edit... and now it's crazy windy out there again, accompanied by a bit of a roar around the houses!

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted

Became quite dark a few minutes ago with rain and small hail blowing against the windows in the very strong wind, but it has now calmed down and is getting lighter again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Wind, rain and hail now. Its lashing it down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lol think Langdon bay wind direction is broken, the speeds are probably right, but apparently we have NNE winds while everyone else has SW pmsl.

Posted
49 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol think Langdon bay wind direction is broken, the speeds are probably right, but apparently we have NNE winds while everyone else has SW pmsl.

Dont p**s  yourself  laughing I've enough water here  thanks ..anyone for a barbie ..:) 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I did to tbh right strange ..earlier not now.. vane ended up in next doors bush 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

40mph average windspeed here, and a 56mph gust.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Convective Outlook 
Thu 13th 0600 - Thu 13th 2300

With an open warm sector (relative) running across the south and Midlands and cloud clearing around the north as well behind the occluded front, CAPE should build up to 200+ J/KG widely across the UK with generally hit and miss showers. There is a general chance for lightning with these showers perhaps best organising across the north and the southeast.

Forcing appears to be strongest towards the north for organisation but also with warm SST's and a small lobe of vorticity along the channel, organisation in the central south and southeast may be possible. Therefore the AOI has been added along the south.

Most vorticity appears to be held in the north with the AOI area there given a moist tongue of saturated air parcels and moderately strong mid-level flow helping to replace the dry air cap in the mid-levels in the morning with moistened mid-level air in the afternoon therefore increasing the risk for taller storms more capable of lightning.

With steepening lapse-rates and very cold above surface air, hail a few cm's big does appear likely. Along with some heavy rain and wind gusts in the north at 60+ km/h for a time.

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Shoreline, Coast, Plot, Person, Map

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted

As reported by @Mark wheeler, that was quite the intense hail storm from this little cell, which expanded overhead bringing thunder and lightning with it.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Architecture, Building, Shelter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
Just now, Reefseeker said:

As reported by @Mark wheeler, that was quite the intense hail storm from this little cell, which expanded overhead bringing thunder and lightning with it.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Architecture, Building, Shelter

Another Thunderstorm probably hail is hot on its heels . This one produced shot gun thunder just now .

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Sky

• Like 1

Posted

Another hit for eagle eye, I'm not sure I've seen any other convective forecasts for today.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Mark wheeler said:

Another Thunderstorm probably hail is hot on its heels . This one produced shot gun thunder just now .

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Sky

I was supposed to take my son and his friend to Battersea Power Station today, but the train problems put paid to that. They're supposed to be walking to Kingston instead, but we're monitoring the radar carefully...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

I was supposed to take my son and his friend to Battersea Power Station today, but the train problems put paid to that. They're supposed to be walking to Kingston instead, but we're monitoring the radar carefully...

Those two cells have now merged in to a big storm as it moves away, so interesting to watch it . Good luck with the walking .

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Text

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Those two cells have now merged in to a big storm as it moves away, so interesting to watch it . Good luck with the walking .

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Text

Indeed, I'm a bit jealous of how that started over us and developed when it moved on! It's sunny here now but with dark clouds to the south east as those cells head off. The lads are going for it after the latest radar check, but there's more to come IMHO.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had quite a dramatic hail shower, maximum diameter 9mm. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Anemone, Flower, Plant, Vegetation, Grass, Daisy

• Like 2

Posted

Had some thunder now, thinking somewhere around Folkestone might have had a positive strike from the sound 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Core of the storm went over Sellindge, it has been many years since I've seen a storm like this!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Hail, Snow, Snowman, Winter, Baby, Person

Edited by Neilsouth
  • Like 6

Posted

Posted

Well a total of three rumbles with all that here, showers all converged into on long train, that just finished with the remains of the main Kent storm, with all that haill further west. Wondering if the stuff to the west will do anything here it just die off now.

Posted

Impressive core in that storm!

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Person

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Still storm starved here but legit happy and pleased for the others getting storms (and hail that looks like settled snow - fair play 😁). Enjoy the storms that come your way folks and be safe! 

Edited by UKSnakey
Atrocious grammar

Posted
18 minutes ago, UKSnakey said:

Still storm starved here but legit happy and pleased for the others getting storms (and hail that looks like settled snow - fair play 😁). Enjoy the storms that come your way folks and be safe! 

Yea you know mate, where ever I am there's nothing ..where ever I was there's  something..its me I'm sure ..I got a picture of where I should be  but wasn't 😞

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Tree Stump, Grass, Meadow, Rural

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Pasture, Grass, Meadow, Land, Scenery

• Like 4