Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Can't believe the rain, torrential for the best part of 8 hours now, remember the school run and it is still coming down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here’s a poem about the weather. It’s called ‘Today’s Forecast’, was definitely right for the last week ! 

Could contain: Page, Text

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well approx 108mm of rain received for March here in my wgc garden, following on from just a dry 4mm for February . 

Had 80 mm in January.

Looking at the period September 2022 to March 2023 we have had approx 546 mm of rain, over 1/2 metre so pretty wet period overall...good for soil moisture recovery.

Also since start of December 2022 have had 37 nights where frost has occurred. The 10 day severe cold spell in December with snow lying for seven of those days, followed by coldish frosty second half of January 2023 and then two further coldish frosty spells in February although not as severe.

An interesting winter .....now lets hope for some drier and warmer weather...high pressure looks likely to be a player for at least next couple of weeks...

Edited by minus10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I've somehow managed the warmest day this year so far here at 14c, probably to do with the offshore breeze and brief sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

This weather is really pushing me over the edge in pain! - I have Degenerative hips and a dehydrated disc and I'm in agony! It's so cold, dank and horrible :( Worst I can remember for some time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
4 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

This weather is really pushing me over the edge in pain! - I have Degenerative hips and a dehydrated disc and I'm in agony! It's so cold, dank and horrible 😞 Worst I can remember for some time 

Hopefully things will get better for you as blue skies have now arrived ..

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky

...should start to feel warmer too..

..lovely to see blue sky and sun...🌞

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Some stats and an analysis of March 2023 weather just posted in the Records & Stats thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well dry if a little chilly this morning and still dry at end of play this evening..if a tad chilly still ,April is a fickle month cold and hot all in one month ..its the darling buds of May I love 💘...this is looking west across to Sevenoaks this evening...the hills are the greensand ridge above ground and the Hythe beds sub surface:)

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Sunrise, Horizon, Sunlight, Scenery

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Two days in a row I've had to defrost the car , not going to complain as it's better than the grey skies and rain!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
44 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Two days in a row I've had to defrost the car , not going to complain as it's better than the grey skies and rain!

At least you are likely to get above ten later today. It's going to stay cold here.

• Like 1

Posted

Going to have to change my forum name as I'm moving from Wycombe and the crazy squirrels in the big tree outside that entertain us. Expect weather reports from the River Thames from me from tomorrow as  I'm moving to the Berks border.  Team Moorhen maybe?? Team Squirrel signing off...

(p.s I promise lots of nice rivery weather pictures. To be honest, I can't see much of the sky from my flat but that changes tomorrow!)

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It was just like flaming June today apart from no heat, wasps, flies, ice cream vans, thunderstorms, humidity, or Spanish plumes, but apart from that, it was just like flaming June today.

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

It was just like flaming June today apart from no heat, wasps, flies, ice cream vans, thunderstorms, humidity, or Spanish plumes, but apart from that, it was just like flaming June today.

I think today was the most perfect pv (solar) output curve I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Going to have to change my forum name as I'm moving from Wycombe and the crazy squirrels in the big tree outside that entertain us. Expect weather reports from the River Thames from me from tomorrow as  I'm moving to the Berks border.  Team Moorhen maybe?? Team Squirrel signing off...

(p.s I promise lots of nice rivery weather pictures. To be honest, I can't see much of the sky from my flat but that changes tomorrow!)

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes smoothly

Posted

Yay spring has finally sprumg, I’ve put my big coat away at last 🌞

Could contain: Book, Publication, Comics, Advertisement, Poster, People, Person, Text

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Ice, Snow, Plant, Flower

Could contain: Plant, Reed, Nature, Outdoors, Lake, Water, Canoeing, Vehicle, Water Sports, Scenery

• Like 2

Posted

well i am hoping it's nice for next few days, am getting the stitches out my eyeball this morning and can sit out in the sun if it's nice later. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes smoothly

Thank you, the most exciting part is because I'm moving from a flat to a little terraced house, I can put a weather station on the shed roof, I've wanted a weather station for years! Not looking forward to 3 months of renovation which we will be doing much of it ourselves,😩

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

first time this year i sat on our lounger outside because it was a sun trap where the wind didn't hit

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MAF said:

well i am hoping it's nice for next few days, am getting the stitches out my eyeball this morning and can sit out in the sun if it's nice later. 

Ouchie 🥹 hope your healing and all goes well with your recovery  ❤️🩹 

I’m working today & tomorrow before a few days off, just hope it stays dry over Easter 🐣 

Posted

Thought as visibility is pretty good ide  get old and new ish together ..where I'm working... Dartford Bridge and South Darenth viaduct + old mill chimney 

Could contain: Cable, Power Lines, Electric Transmission Tower, Armored, Military, Tank, Transportation, Vehicle, Weapon

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Architecture, Building, Shelter, Countryside, Rural, Bridge, Viaduct, Farm

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Ouchie 🥹 hope your healing and all goes well with your recovery  ❤️🩹 

I’m working today & tomorrow before a few days off, just hope it stays dry over Easter 🐣 

well stitches are out, eye sore now anesthetic is wearing off. time for the sunglasses me thinks 😎

oh, and a beer or ten 😜 😄

hope your day is going well. easter egg in the post (that's the virtual post where everything goes into a cloud apparently) .... unless the postie eats it first 🤣

• Like 2