Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had a very small Hail shower earlier on, quite big sized hail mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
1 minute ago, TN9 said:

Yea you know mate, where ever I am there's nothing ..where ever I was there's  something..its me I'm sure ..I got a picture of where I should be  but wasn't 😞

You are your own personal storm shield. We have many more chances however over the coming months**. Its all good

**jinxed it now I bet 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, UKSnakey said:

You are your own personal storm shield. We have many more chances however over the coming months**. Its all good

**jinxed it now I bet 😄

Nah this year has had a very good start, and I'm sure it will continue to provide storms, the atmosphere is aligned perfectly this year. Not sure it anything to do with the SSW though, as the pattern really hasn't changed much since January, with wet patches followed by high pressure over or just to the east of us, easterly in the south, rinse and repeat.

Posted
22 minutes ago, UKSnakey said:

**jinxed it now I bet 😄

But where I should of been I am now ...just I wasn't when it was happening ..lol 

Could contain: Path, Walkway, Building, Wall, Road, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Flagstone, Slate

Edited by TN9
  • Like 4

Posted

Several heavy rain and hail showers early afternoon. Typically I was in the office rather that work from home today so couldn’t get any photos.

Did see on my station, the temp dropped from 12.5c around 12pm to 8c after the first hail shower. Then it had just started to recover when the next one came through and dropped it to 4.7c - impressive for an early afternoon in mid-April!

Had a couple of big rumbles as one of the showers went through about 2pm too which was good to hear.

Now down to a chilly 3.0c 🥶

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Got loads of timelapses and photos from today and a few loud rumbles of thunder but haven't attached those here as I think I deleted them as I didn't catch the lightning.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Weather, ThunderstormCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Storm

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Shelter, Grass, Plant, Countryside, Hut, Rural, Storm, Weather

Could contain: Building, Outdoors, Shelter, Nature, Grass, Countryside, Hut, Weather, Housing, SkyCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Weather, Sky, Grass, PlantCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, StormCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Utility Pole, Storm, NightCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Weather, TornadoCould contain: Animal, Bird, Flying, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, FaceCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Scenery, Grassland, Grass, Meadow

Captured a plane moving through the sunset in 2 of these below as well.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Flare, Light, Cloud, Night, Silhouette, CumulusCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Silhouette, Flare, Light, Sunlight, Sunset, CloudCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Weather, Night, Silhouette, CloudCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Flare, Light, Sunlight, Weather, Sunset, Night, SilhouetteCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Sunset, Night, Silhouette, SceneryCould contain: Silhouette, Nature, Night, Outdoors, Sky, Plant, Animal, Bird, Blackbird

Adding the timelapses on an overheating laptop takes an age but here they are anyway.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well hasn't it been a crazy week of weather! I think it's made it's point, let's have something more settled and warm now 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

First caravan trip of the season starting Sunday with a week on the Norfolk coast. Like many of us now I'm really wanting the persistent cold air to clear off. Unfortunately there's no certainty for the coming week with much depending on the exact postion/orientation of the high pressure to our north or north east and there's currently a notable difference between the GFS and ECM on this.

So taking the current forecasts for next Thursday the 20th April as an example, ECM looking more favourable with the position of the high over Scandinavia feeding in +7C 850hPa air temps. GFS meanwhile has the high much further west which results in a very cold -6C airmass is slipping in from the continent. That's quite a difference and if it verifies, in the stiff easterly wind it could be rather unpleasant for the time of year, especially for eastern coastal areas and on the Norfolk coast.

ECM 500 Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Person 850 Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Outdoors, Rainforest, Tree

GFS 500 Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram 850 GFS85014Aprilfor20April.thumb.GIF.2fbe29d25c32bf8128b5f2a0f472d1ac.GIF

Unfortunately GEM supporting the GFS view of high pressure location: 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Map

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Another *** day! Can this be the grimest Spring on record?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Torrential rain again this evening - didn’t see it mentioned on any forecast either !?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Torrential rain again this evening - didn’t see it mentioned on any forecast either !?

Harder to forecast frontal rain strength. Was expected to only be light drizzle and further North than it actually was.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

wasn't expecting this long rain at night and by looking at the radar it's just moving around us rather then move straight across

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Rain was biblical for almost an hour in Central London.  Reminds me of that day in April 2012 (IIRC?)  where it rained for 24 hours very heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Certainly had some rain this week, and last night's heavy rain was surprising, it's still raining now, be nice to have some warmer days etc 

Posted
14 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Certainly had some rain this week, and last night's heavy rain was surprising, it's still raining now, be nice to have some warmer days etc 

And it's STILL raining! 

It was supposed to have cleared by now to sun, one of the worst years I can remember and it's only April

• Like 2

Posted

Bit wrong.... BBC Weather AND the Met Office

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Water, Atlas, Vegetation, Coast

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Chart, Plot, Person, Shoreline, Coast

Edited by Neilsouth
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Thought  the rain was over for today and it would be  nice sunny day - wrong! a heavy rain rogue shower presently (again) on top of last night and the early hours.

By George we've had some rain over the last 6 weeks...looks like a BIG pattern change ahead though with the first signs of the famous European heat dome taking shape...I'll stab at a very dry period coming up from late April through to god knows when. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
18 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Yes you wouldn't have seen it on the BBC forecast back on Tuesday for the 5 day look ahead for the week that's for sure...that MeteoGroup are absolutely dire!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

14.3c here warmest day this year so far, thought it felt warm, all thanks to the breeze not coming off the sea for once!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Quite a contrasting day, miserable this morning, and lovely this afternoon, sure felt good driving about, with the windows open

Posted

Not really a south east weather topic but..I suppose it is  in the long run ,so we a change of enso ..so say your sitting in traffic and your cars overheating ..you see garage stop..top it with cold water ..gauge goes down  laughing ,next time  no  garage  no water ..should of fixed the problem ...cold water only keeps it  tolerable...what is not right by mapping is our gulf stream meandering so much.. looks to me like ice melt . But surely not in winter ..or early spring..maybe I'm reading into it  to much ..I'm not saying anything is a miss because unlike the Pacific our high in the Atlantic dont really care what the temperature of the ocean is its there ..like or not ..

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Edited by TN9

Posted

And to just think it or was my birthday yesterday and my only thing on the 14th  come 15th of April is the titanic sank ..Nice that isn't it to have a remembered thing like that ..but its what it is..but it hit an  iceberg ..looking at that graph is it any different from 1912 ?? 

Edited by TN9