Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted

Ten minutes heavy shower ..and I'm in Hastings,where ever I am nothing happens,guess Tonbridge got a cracker all though that really is against the odds 🤔 

Posted
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Just seen a swallow fly by near a farm - not sure if I've seen them here this early? crackers!

Nice - although it doesn't make a summer...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

A few of my pictures from this evening. Should have a few more and a couple timelapses coming tomorrow probably once I can access my phone and not just my camera.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Silhouette, Sunset, Cloud, Weather, Landscape, Scenery, TreeCould contain: Cloud, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cumulus, Weather, Flare, Light, SmokeCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Sunset, Weather, Cumulus, Silhouette, Scenery, TreeCould contain: Animal, Bird, Blackbird, Silhouette, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, WeatherCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Silhouette, Cloud, Weather, Night, Scenery, BirdCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Weather, Cumulus, Night, SceneryCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Silhouette, Cloud, Architecture, Building, WeatherCould contain: Nature, Night, Outdoors, Sky, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Plant, Tree   

• Like 2

Posted

If an alien came to talk to me and said I've seen some gruesome images of your atmosphere,hurricanes tornadoes droughts fires sweltering temperatures,massive hail,dodgy lightning,ide say  tell  you what ,if you don't like all that live in Kent England,you get none of that .

Its safe haven nothing ever happens,what no earthquakes?no nothing ,I said we a  had a bit high wind once but that was thirty odd years ago .once in a life time ..other than that my little space friend its the safest place in the world :)

Posted
12 hours ago, TN9 said:

If an alien came to talk to me and said I've seen some gruesome images of your atmosphere,hurricanes tornadoes droughts fires sweltering temperatures,massive hail,dodgy lightning,ide say  tell  you what ,if you don't like all that live in Kent England,you get none of that .

Its safe haven nothing ever happens,what no earthquakes?no nothing ,I said we a  had a bit high wind once but that was thirty odd years ago .once in a life time ..other than that my little space friend its the safest place in the world 🙂

EP8K6XMNF7C5WSHHSBWC.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

A tornado enthusiast says the county came close to being hit by a twister this afternoon.

937424_de94aaa8.jpg
WWW.GEOGRAPH.ORG.UK

Looking back towards Hollingbourne Hill showing the Pylon in the background. The road was passable with difficulty!

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

A huge blaze in Wennington, east London, as well further fires in Dartford, Croydon, Leeds and Norfolk, have spread as the UK records its hottest day ever

WWW.KENTLIVE.NEWS

Pictures show the colossal balls of ice which fell from the sky on Saturday (May 26)

57IEQ7OGMDGTVK3OXB7E.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

Stunning images capture the moment the heatwave ended as storms hit Kent.

Edited by m1chaels
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Stuck at 12c with a chilly wind, further north its 17c and spring like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, m1chaels said:
EP8K6XMNF7C5WSHHSBWC.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

A tornado enthusiast says the county came close to being hit by a twister this afternoon.

937424_de94aaa8.jpg
WWW.GEOGRAPH.ORG.UK

Looking back towards Hollingbourne Hill showing the Pylon in the background. The road was passable with difficulty!

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

A huge blaze in Wennington, east London, as well further fires in Dartford, Croydon, Leeds and Norfolk, have spread as the UK records its hottest day ever

WWW.KENTLIVE.NEWS

Pictures show the colossal balls of ice which fell from the sky on Saturday (May 26)

57IEQ7OGMDGTVK3OXB7E.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

You can see it wasn't raining during the storms in these pic, it was behind them. The hottest day storms.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
19 hours ago, TN9 said:

Its safe haven nothing ever happens,what no earthquakes?no nothing ,I said we a  had a bit high wind once but that was thirty odd years ago .once in a life time ..other than that my little space friend its the safest place in the world 🙂

I'm sure I've heard of small quakes around coastal Kent towns too. The occasional curry gives some rough winds but that's a different story 😄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
20 hours ago, TN9 said:

yeah i don't agree with the drought and sweltering temperatures, as a warmie myself we have gotten high temperatures many times and droughts (just like last year) in Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
35 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

yeah i don't agree with the drought and sweltering temperatures, as a warmie myself we have gotten high temperatures many times and droughts (just like last year) in Kent

Is your water supply done by affinity, or southern water.

No hose pipe ban here as affinity is desalinated water from the sea. The down side two water bills, as southern still does the waste, bad at that as they are.

Posted
10 hours ago, m1chaels said:
EP8K6XMNF7C5WSHHSBWC.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

937424_de94aaa8.jpg
WWW.GEOGRAPH.ORG.UK

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

WWW.KENTLIVE.NEWS

57IEQ7OGMDGTVK3OXB7E.jpg
WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

OK .. I see the point,  but relatively safe ..for the moment,whatever happens or happened here somewhere else gets it ten fold worse ,Im not saying nothing ever ever happens but minor to other places ,which is good,dont you think ? Look round the world some proper proper bad things happen ,relatively  speaking  🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

2021 v 2022

I know Easter is a moveable feast and it really can be frostbite & snow bunnies or sunburn and melted chocolate eggs but these two photos of Mollie & Maddie taken exactly a year apart show the contrast …. So which one will be the closest weather to 2023? 🤔

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Canine, Dog, Potted Plant, Lawn

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Potted Plant, Dog, Pet, Rain

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
13 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Is your water supply done by affinity, or southern water.

No hose pipe ban here as affinity is desalinated water from the sea. The down side two water bills, as southern still does the waste, bad at that as they are.

oh we had a few hose pipe bans but we never did anything with the hoses, by the drought i meant when we go out for countryside walks and the ground is so hard you need a pickaxe to make a dent in the dirt

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

What happened to the so called "STORM"? I've seen worse winds in a northerly :drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

What happened to the so called "STORM"? I've seen worse winds in a northerly :drunk-emoji:

you missed it, it was in a teacup 😄

• Like 1

Posted

Don't give up on better weather yet it may be a bit yuk today but it feels warm when the sun tries to break through the drizzle and rain. A year ago today it was cold with snowCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ground, Hail and summer turned out rather hot and very dry 

Posted

Suns out nearly ..and we had fair bit of rain but we had  fair bit of no rain so its a lot then nothing ,a lot then nothing again ,seems the way its going, gusty winds ,nothing really was it ,just a short wave to say  hello ,if it had kept its depth from mid Atlantic then then yea we would be  picking up bits from everywhere but it luckily filled a tad ...

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Field, Countryside, Pasture, Weather, Horizon, Grassland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Well the final day of the month is quite fitting how March has gone...dreadful!! raining fairly hard here currently.

Will be interesting to see final rainfall amounts...going to be at least 200% of the average (obviously with variations).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It’s official…..Wettest March in over 40 years for England

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Page, Text, Plant, Vegetation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Rather cold windy wet day, max currently 11c

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

It was bound to happen as soon as they started saying driest winter and probable summer drought/hosepipe ban at the end of Feb.  People think weather patterns are random but we have too often seen above average rainfall after the media starts talking about drought for it to simply be a coincidence.

• Like 2

Posted

A dreadful day here in London.  Wet and gloomy - Foul!

Bring back the beingness and mildness of February!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Torrential rain for a good half hour here, now stopped. Haven't seen rain like that in ages. Felt quite convective!

Posted

We've spent a lot of time under the brightest bits of the radar this afternoon, with streams now running along the sides of the roads emptying at speed into the drains and a very large puddle on our drive. More incoming by the looks of things. I'm guessing there will be flooding locally.

Posted
4 hours ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Rain has been relentless today. Bogged soaking ground with local river streams higher than ever. 

Praying for a baking hot dry summer like last year.