Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

As above no sun at all today , yet another rubbish week ahead likely wet but a mild weather pattern that's not been seen here in the east for a while...I blame all the cold lovers for this...they wanted that SSW, and thanks to them its happened and now none stop rain and nothing spring like in the future either 🙄

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
28 minutes ago, slater said:

As above no sun at all today , yet another rubbish week ahead likely wet but a mild weather pattern that's not been seen here in the east for a while...I blame all the cold lovers for this...they wanted that SSW, and thanks to them its happened and now none stop rain and nothing spring like in the future either 🙄

Lol it would have happened regardless of who wanted what, perhaps they've learnt, not to hang all their hopes on a SSW. However I still think everyone will be looking for one again next winter. It's not that it had no effect, just that it was too late for a northerly to do much, and things got to mobile from the weird Atlantic pattern that came about. Low moving west, stalling due to us high, then moving back east again. It wasn't our year.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

So, I am feeling quite smug with myself : -

Roast lamb, roast beef, roast potatoes. also cabbage, parsnips, carrots, yorkshires, gravy and stuffing. all cooked to a restaurant standard and chocolate trifle for afters.

why smug?

well my wife is not at home, looking after my mother in law who has just had a hip replacement oop. so the cooking was easy, getting it delivered to the MiL still steaming hot was the mission. mission accomplished 😄 😄 😄

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, slater said:

IT may not be the weather of choice but we will all appreciate the rainfall later in the year

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Very spring like here today, definitely enjoying the lighter evenings - roast leg of lamb washed down with wine, flowers & chocolates from the kids and a carrot cake made for Mr Ds birthday tomorrow! 

Could contain: Animal, Livestock, Mammal, Sheep

Could contain: Birthday Cake, Cake, Cream, Dessert, Food, Food Presentation, Sweets, Clothing, Glove

Posted
50 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is anyone still up for some snow?👀

always 😄 

with the caveat that it is heavy and disruptive   ... 😄

1 hour ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Very spring like here today, definitely enjoying the lighter evenings - roast leg of lamb washed down with wine, flowers & chocolates from the kids and a carrot cake made for Mr Ds birthday tomorrow! 

Could contain: Animal, Livestock, Mammal, Sheep

Could contain: Birthday Cake, Cake, Cream, Dessert, Food, Food Presentation, Sweets, Clothing, Glove

Mmm, yum yum, 

forget Mr D 😉 send it here 😄 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Not me, had enough of phantom snowfalls for another year, maybe one year.

• Like 1

Posted

Not gonna happen where I am from the north regardless, well apart from transient wet stuff anyway. Apparently we did get some from that front the other day but I missed it.

• Like 1

Posted

Not unless I get something like Narnia, think I’m ready for some sunshine ☀️ 

23 minutes ago, MAF said:

Mmm, yum yum, 

forget Mr D 😉 send it here 😄 

I don’t think the “birthday boy” would be very happy about that ! 

Coventry tomorrow, would be there anyway if there was no cake 🎂 😊

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

Not unless I get something like Narnia, think I’m ready for some sunshine ☀️ 

I don’t think the “birthday boy” would be very happy about that ! 

Coventry tomorrow, would be there anyway if there was no cake 🎂 😊

I'd never send you to Coventry 😉 😄 

Posted

Welcome to Spring . . .

Today  is the first day of "Astronomical Spring" - the Vernal Equinox. 

The Spring Equinox is the pagan festival of Ostara or Eostre Goddess of Spring.

Spring officially happens today at 9:24pm when the sun appears to cross the Equator into the northern hemisphere - hopefully the weather will also decide  spring 😃 

Could contain: Flower, Petal, Plant, Pebble, Daffodil, Anemone

• Like 4

Posted

A dull day overall, some brighter spells towards end of the afternoon and fairly breezy now as the rain approaches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

Haven't been able to do anything much in the garden either. Can't plant any seeds as they'll just drown, float away or both and the lawn is heavily infested with moss. I haven't scarified or fertilised it yet! Still, on the bright side, we have ordered a greenhouse 🙂

Posted
On 19/03/2023 at 19:20, lassie23 said:

I think you would have to go well up, proper up, litrally couple of thousand feet up , but you we could go to fort William and shimmy up nevis ..it will Still have have some I guess ,blimey its been dull in here lol ,dull and its been dull etc ,well ide say gloomy ..not quite  bleak but gloomy , dull even 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, MAF said:

second eye operation tomorrow, hopefully i will dodge the showers when going and coming from the hospital 😄

All the best for your eye op tomorrow x

I had a lovey long walk with Fergus this morning, we have another date arranged next Wednesday - pretty much perfect weather for an Alpaca trek today so hopefully next week will be as good 🦙

Could contain: Coat, Adult, Female, Person, Woman, Jacket, Face, Portrait, Dog, Mammal

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Convective Outlook ⚡

Thu 23rd 20:30 - Fri 24th 20:00

An occluded front moving east/southeast will be followed by a subtle trough in the morning which may spark showers and a thunderstorm or two along the south coast. Followed  by surface heating and bands of PV allowing for storms across the British Isles throughout the daytime.

MUCAPE in excess of 500 J/KG and supportive soundings given moderate deep-layer shear may allow for fairly tall storms which you would expect increases lightning potential especially along the corridor of strongest PV.

Deep lapse-rates and fairly low low-level shear may allow for hail up to 1 or 2 cm's in size. Also supported by forecasted deep updrafts though unlikely to be rotating given the buoyancy and SRH forecasted.

Saturation is likely to be high and ao clustering is likely given the MUCAPE forecasted and so heavy rain could fall in convergence areas for quite a few hours on and off.

Lightning is likely to be fairly sparodic given the saturation forecasts and similar events but lightning could organise itself into quite frequent with the strongest Storms. Buoyancy at the boundary-layer is also likely to be fairly weak and that's certainly a 'bust' mode for lightning and Storms but convergence should allow vertical forcing to increase in some areas.

Upscaling into a squall line is possible in two bands of PV in the southeast area and the midlands-south west in the evening/overnight according to the AROME though lightning risk in those is likely to be fairly limited and it'd mainly a wind risk.

Some hail, winds nearing 100 km/h by the coasts of Wales and the SW with 70 km/h by the coasts of the S and the SE with 55 km/h wind gusts with the squall lines inland and possibly up to 80 km/h in southern to central Ireland throughout the day and overnight. Along with heavy rain is all possible. A Supercell cannot be ruled out as well but not too much supportive evidence widespread. Some hodographs do support a Supercell but only a small chance.

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Shoreline, Coast, Plot, Person, Rainforest

• Like 1

Posted

Just had some very heavy rain here from this front, only thing missing was the lighting, which I half expected to happen. It seemed like a squall.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
22 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Just had some very heavy rain here from this front, only thing missing was the lighting, which I half expected to happen. It seemed like a squall.

Think it was a squall line, came through here too, was also very windy for a while.

• Like 2