Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December 2021 the most uneventful ever?

damianslaw

Posted

Nearing the end of December and as I was reflecting on 2021 as a whole, my reflection of this month has been how completely uneventful it has been.

Often very wet and windy, we've had little in the way of heavy rain or strong winds. A bit if snow on the 2nd and a little bit of frost in the run up to Christmas. 

What a dull month.

Posted

Been horrid weather here last week, rained every day, only a brief cold spell, first week, and going to end the month very mild, possibly record mild, but still will feel horrid because of strong winds. 

A rubbish month, January looking to be more seasonal, hopefully

Posted

I disagree, we've got record threatening warmth to see the year out, and at least round these parts it was unusually dry until the last few days, continuing a dry run started in November. Even with the recent rain, locally we've had around half the average over the two months. Plus it's been virtually frost free, which I found interesting in itself, and the run of about two weeks where the sun went on vacation was about as long a grey spell as I can remember. 

As I write this, one of our closest weather stations starts the day at 13.3c.

Posted

All very average here, daily walk is a water/mud fest after a lot of miserable wet days, some car de-icing to do at times, a little snow, though not as much as November, but at last temps in double digits though far from record breaking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A mixed month here in Prague with 3 decent snowfalls, a couple of ice days and severe frosts, but mostly very dull, dreary and quiet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Not at all, here. We had a white Christmas and alternating very cold and mild periods. I'd say it was more interesting than most.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Dreadful since just after mid-month, had one or two frosts but all in all another forgettable December...that's 11 now since 2010 which have largely been poor, just 2017 saw a brief cm or so of wet snow that lasted nearly a day on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A very poor month overall, lots of cloud, virtually no sunshine, and then the promise of cold weather which collapsed and has left us stuck in rediculously mild but damp (and at times wet) muck, which has made even walking a bit of a chore underfoot and killing any views from the hills.

Posted

What did this month have to offer? Nothing, plain and simple. No snow, frost, storms, sun. Just your typical post 1990s winter month. Looked so promising as well at the beginning. End of November with a cold snap gave me hope, though all it led to was disappointment. 

Posted

It's been memorable for a number of unseasonably warm days for me. Wednesday 15th will live long in the memory for me. A maximum of 13.2C with clear blue skies and very little wind- I can't recall a day like that during winter outside of February before. Normally you don't get the sunshine with the mild temps in December, but we also recorded 5.3 hours of sunshine.

Then this late spell has been mighty impressive too. It hasn't been all dull around these parts by any means. More sunshine this afternoon to go with temps close to 15C.

Makes a mockery of the idea that we need colder air to get sunshine. Our sunniest day this month had a max of 13.2C and the coldest day (the 19th) recorded no sunshine at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Yep, a very boring month to go alongside Aug to Nov 2021. 5 months of utter tedium since that superb spell of summer weather in mid/late July when I was in Dorset for a week where I didn't see a cloud in the sky. This weather watching lark is getting a bit boring especially when my preferred weather types keep on not happening in autumn and winter (although my weather preference does happen more often in spring and summer these last 30+ years especially where I live)

As for this month, I think I've had 2 frosts, hardly any sun, no snow, no decent fog and no decent gale. It's not just snow I'm interested in during winter. Although that's my preference, there are other 'traditional' winter weather types that interest me. Not the grey nothingness we've had since early October though

I would say this last couple of days has been extreme though. Just not the extreme we're looking for. I was wandering around Cambridge today and it reached around 17C according to the temp gauge in my car (not the most reliable granted). Remarkable and would be a respectable day in April

Edited by LRD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

I have seen the sun on 3 occasions in whole of December,  awful 

Posted

Yeah it’s been a rotter, past few days have been stupidly mild. Most of it has been a borefest however not the worst ever for me. We had a decent snowfall overnight Christmas Day into Boxing Day which will put it above other years. Still rubbish though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Whilst there has of course been the odd interlude here and there, I have found the weather to have been on the most part uneventful since August.