Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Morning All, today is a sunny part of July 2023, meanwhile the overnight low of 11.2°C at: 05:56 has made it up to 19.7°C , RH59% with a 5mph breeze in from the N.

From Above, the showers in the Exeter area showing up nicely

image.thumb.png.f050f28b2f37b4d053483165b55be2f8.png

On Golden sands, a calm Channel this morning and the beach slightly more popular

image.thumb.png.ab7739a424de33e8ac9419193ae90a31.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
16 hours ago, dr weather said:

I lived there for about 9 months in 1989-90 and again, more briefly, in 1993. Both periods were spent in Madrid. The hot sunny days would seem to last for weeks on end. The street thermometers in the summer were always displaying well into the 40s, but the temperature was probably more accurately in the high 30s most days. It was a dry heat, but still tough.

For my second stay there I took residence in the highlands to the N of the city, where it was a little cooler.

Interestingly I lived in Madrid for a year too, and found the weather quite variable and far from boring. The emphasis on sunshine was most welcome.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers have briefly threatened twice today, around 08.00 and in the last hour.

No rain has fallen so a dry, breezy with sunny spells day. Max of only 19.0c though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not too bad here today but still didn't feel anything like what you'd expect at this time of year, especially in the breeze. Reached 20.5°C but hardly stayed above 20°C for long at all. 

Posted

Morning All, a sunny  start to the day after a cool night where the low was 7.3°C at: 06:12, currently 17.8°C, RH72% with light air movement from the SSW.

From Above the next front seen approaching from the SW

image.thumb.png.7e1c251cd91578064c8a401741f1b169.png

On Golden sands the high cloud already suggesting a change in the offing

image.thumb.png.d2ba7f849b0f1d6fd09e597619b7ba7e.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Morning All,

I managed to get the front lawn mowed earlier before the rain arrives later as we only have a postage stamp its only a 15 minute job.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

My money goes on it being a miss down here again on the coast..

Looking at the radar and playing the animation I think you may indeed draw a blank again.

Posted
On 24/07/2023 at 21:24, Andy Bown said:

It would seem our lawn is now slug party central! One positive, our first ripe tomato of the year tasted good.

Yeaaa.....first ripe tomatoes of the year, and 24 mini cucumbers, cucamelons and some zucchini, + some missed marrows! Along with a picking of the first blueberries, now off out to do the first late raspberry picking, where am I going to put all this stuff?

And the first patch of rain was nothing, so gardening here we come for PT2.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

sunny start to the day but persistent rain now

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeaaa.....first ripe tomatoes of the year, and 24 mini cucumbers, cucamelons and some zucchini, + some missed marrows! Along with a picking of the first blueberries, now off out to do the first late raspberry picking, where am I going to put all this stuff?

Same here. First ripe tomato today. It's a pomodoro, which are new to me.

Also getting a yellow and green courgette, and a cucumber a day. Peas are done now.

• Thanks 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I have tons of flowers and no damn cucumbers or courgettes again!? Had that last year too!!

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I have tons of flowers and no damn cucumbers or courgettes again!? Had that last year too!!

I feed mine with tomato food!

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I feed mine with tomato food!

I think I need to do this with everything 

Posted

Funny old world.20 years building up a country garden.Flowers..then fruit...then veg.Landlord has given us 3 months to vacate.Incoming bod will scoop the lot  wrong time of life for this to happen but it is what it is.Anyone let us put a tent up in their garden will garden for free lol

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, jy said:

Funny old world.20 years building up a country garden.Flowers..then fruit...then veg.Landlord has given us 3 months to vacate.Incoming bod will scoop the lot  wrong time of life for this to happen but it is what it is.Anyone let us put a tent up in their garden will garden for free lol

Oh no, that sounds awful. Hope you find somewhere else soon. 
Weather outside sounds like autumn already, rain and wind. Yuck

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

It's crazy out there

Could contain:

Your so lucky. I had hardly any raspberries. A bowl or 2 of Strawberries and haven't had anything else yet! A bad year for me

2 hours ago, jy said:

Meeee!!! My garden needs doing. You might have to live with the chickens though!

What a pain you have to go. So sad. But 3 months is a decent time though. We had 4 weeks to vacate ours back in the day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull all day with rain arriving during the afternoon. Feeling rather autumnal later on when the wind picked up. Reached 18.8°C

Posted
12 hours ago, jy said:

Sorry to hear that jy. It's happening around here too, with the Longford Estate selling a few properties.

Are you hoping to stay local?

Posted
14 hours ago, jy said:

Not good news, those 3months will fly, fingers crossed you can find a new place soon.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, the warmer SW'ly air certainly kept the overnight temperatures up, with 15.3°C at: 00:00, currently 17.6°C, RH96% with a 5mph SW'ly light breeze.

From Above, yep that confirms it....cloudy

image.thumb.png.dfd65b5bbc0352add042dc5893784e61.png

On Golden sands a fair amount of white water, oh and plenty of cloud..

image.thumb.png.4a56ebdabc7179535ecdcb8820b46e1a.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Depressed.com

Cheer up Beka the sun may come out around 20.30. I’m actually looking forward to autumn, a dreary summer is horrible, shame June couldn’t last but I wouldn’t  want any extreme heat.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Cheer up Beka the sun may come out around 20.30. I’m actually looking forward to autumn, a dreary summer is horrible, shame June couldn’t last but I wouldn’t  want any extreme heat.

I'm the same. Can't wait for Autumn now. Last years Autumn was gorgeous. Shame everything around you is dying though 😞

• Like 1