Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

God you poor thing!!

I'm snotty still but ok in myself. Single parenting as Daniels in Blackburn at his mother's house. Got his Aunty's funeral on Wednesday. I can't go because of school and the new chickens. Had Sophie off ill today. She has our cold and woke up with a fever. Poor chook!

I will mend in time as long as I'm sensible .

I have a Sophie :-) , a good one she is too. 

Sorry to hear your Sophie is poorly , there is so much going around now despite the warmth and humidity . I hope she recovers quickly and I hope you don't suffer anymore colds either xx 

The evening drew in rather quickly tonight I thought making it feel autumnal now for me .

Hoping for some sun tomorrow to sit out in it just as change of scenery .

The garden is looking good considering,  roses flowering , lavender looking good . 

I bought some daff bulbs to plant so next week I'll  be putting them in . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning All, an overcast start with showers in the vicinity. The overnight low of 11.6°C at: 06:15, RH94% and light air movement from the NW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Brighter this morning after overnight rain which was quite heavy at times, a chill in the air as well.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Rich_Clements said:

Brighter this morning after overnight rain which was quite heavy at times, a chill in the air as well.

Down to 11c at 7am when I was sat out with the chooks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A whole rash of unexpected showers blowing through this afternoon. Had to rush back and get the washing in.

Would be nice to have at least one day with NO RAIN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

A whole rash of unexpected showers blowing through this afternoon. Had to rush back and get the washing in.

Those showers seem to be aligning into a Bristol Channel streamer now. Wonder if it will last through the night!? 

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

We've stayed dry, all day - well, since about 8 oclock this morn. They must've passed south of here.

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Those showers seem to be aligning into a Bristol Channel streamer now. Wonder if it will last through the night!? 

Seems to have died a death. Noticed a sort of streamer first thing this morning but all to the south of me.

1 hour ago, Bristle Si said:

We've stayed dry, all day - well, since about 8 oclock this morn. They must've passed south of here.

So had we until I had all the laundry on the sodding line! 😅

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for a lot of the day. Felt cooler than recent days, especially in the breeze. Reached 18.2°C

• Like 1

Posted

Lying in bed to the sound of rain drumming on the roof. Looks like a streamer has set up.

Quite unusual under such high pressure.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a dry yet overcast start to the day with the overnight low of 8.1°C at: 04:45, currently 9.1°C, Rh96% and no breeze/ air movement.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Blimey its quiet in here. bit like the weather really....

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

I've been v quiet , resting up , v tired and pain not great. . I'm hoping the pain is the last day of it . Tomorrow it will be a week since it's been done .

It's been dull and overcast with a shower near lunchtime . It's 15C here  but humidity was high.  

Hoping it changes tomorrow.  

Looks like a warm weekend ahead ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Somerset girl said:

I've been v quiet , resting up , v tired and pain not great. . I'm hoping the pain is the last day of it . Tomorrow it will be a week since it's been done .

It's been dull and overcast with a shower near lunchtime . It's 15C here  but humidity was high.  

Hoping it changes tomorrow.  

Looks like a warm weekend ahead ? 

Hugs hun 😘 x

Nothing to talk about here. The weather is boring - my life is boring lol

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hugs hun 😘 x

Nothing to talk about here. The weather is boring - my life is boring lol

Oh Hun xx bringing up kids is very lonely at times and boring , I  remember wanting to do stuff but couldn't.  I loved my kids don't get me wrong but there were days when I just wanted to do something different.  

Christmas on its way ... time for lights  decorations . Xx 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

Oh Hun xx bringing up kids is very lonely at times and boring , I  remember wanting to do stuff but couldn't.  I loved my kids don't get me wrong but there were days when I just wanted to do something different.  

Christmas on its way ... time for lights  decorations . Xx 

Today is one of those days. It's 23:15 and Jess is still up and crying. She has been crying since 8am. She came in the room saying she had started her period. Every time she went in the loo she came out crying. All ... day ... long ... Tonight she keeps needing a wee and is crying constantly. In the loo every 5 minutes. She has severe constipation and won't take anything for it! I can't even take a break. She's in bed with me now. And I've been single parenting since Sunday morning and will be until late next Sunday! He can run away for a week and I'm left with the kids. I've only been away from them once over night ever! 

• Like 1

Posted

Another warm front poorly modelled at short range! Rain right down to the South coast when no model I have viewed this morning (UKV, Net Weather, GFS) has anything further South than the Bristol Channel! 

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Today is one of those days. It's 23:15 and Jess is still up and crying. She has been crying since 8am. She came in the room saying she had started her period. Every time she went in the loo she came out crying. All ... day ... long ... Tonight she keeps needing a wee and is crying constantly. In the loo every 5 minutes. She has severe constipation and won't take anything for it! I can't even take a break. She's in bed with me now. And I've been single parenting since Sunday morning and will be until late next Sunday! He can run away for a week and I'm left with the kids. I've only been away from them once over night ever! 

That is draining,  very draining especially if self help measures are being refused .

Is it worth a Dr's visit , get proper pain relief for her and a chat about fibre and diet? 

My eldest had hormone treatments for it as she was so bad with it . 

It is very hard when one parent can waltz out the door ( I know it's your husbands aunties funeral ) , but a week seems excessive to me . 

I wish I could help you in some way . Xx 

In weather news its sunny for five minutes here , maybe able to try and plant some bulbs and sow sweet pea seeds . 

Posted

Morning All, an overcast yet dry start to the day after an overnight low of 10.4°C at: 06:38, currently 17.1°C, RH78% and light air movement form the WSW.

From Above

image.thumb.png.32b32e3313636215aeb5bae3a02f9689.png

On Golden sands

image.thumb.png.5fa6c3e95f4e66045b0a2ba97f4d7257.png

Posted

Dull now after a decent start, but onwards and upwards from tomorrow, hopefully.

Our local broadband has been down for 24 hours now. Currently working using my mobile, as a hotspot.

It's hanging from a Apple tree in the front garden, in an attempt to maintain a signal. 🌳

• Thanks 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, jtay said:

It's hanging from a Apple tree in the front garden, in an attempt to maintain a signal. 🌳

Is it an Apple hanging from an apple tree next to some apples!? 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Somerset girl said:

That is draining,  very draining especially if self help measures are being refused .

Is it worth a Dr's visit , get proper pain relief for her and a chat about fibre and diet? 

My eldest had hormone treatments for it as she was so bad with it . 

It is very hard when one parent can waltz out the door ( I know it's your husbands aunties funeral ) , but a week seems excessive to me . 

I wish I could help you in some way . Xx 

In weather news its sunny for five minutes here , maybe able to try and plant some bulbs and sow sweet pea seeds . 

Managed to get some lactulose down but refusing the orange drink as it's yucky! Drs said lactulose last time. Will try that consistently and see how we get on. You can talk about diet u til the cows come home but she won't touch healthy food! She is very sensory - has SPD. Hormone treatment? How does that work on constipation? She's off again today to watch her. Trying to get more stuff in her but think I'm going to have to hide it in drink ... somehow ... Thank you lovely lady x

46 minutes ago, jtay said:

Dull now after a decent start, but onwards and upwards from tomorrow, hopefully.

Our local broadband has been down for 24 hours now. Currently working using my mobile, as a hotspot.

Hahahha That's brilliant!!

25 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I also need to know this ...

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Alas, it's a Samsung.

And an very early variety of Apple, so they're long gone.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1