Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model discussion: Hunt for cold - into mid-January

Message added by Paul,

Please stick to discussing the model output in this thread and use the winter chat thread for non-model related discussion.

The guiding principles of everyone's participation in this thread are:
Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

For less of a cold-slanted look at the models, please head over to the alternate model discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Not a shocker that the UKMO was wrong at D6 and did its slow climb down. It is best avoided when the triggers are upstream. 

Looking at the D16 GFS mean:

gensnh-31-1-384.thumb.png.250a5c57af47cce513930cbddc08ec38.png

This is a deja vu D16 mean chart for sometime, with a fixed blocked macro NH. Hard to get any potential from such a chart and no reason to question it as this pattern has been ongoing. I suppose we can just hope the HP days outweigh the windier more zonal periods. London temps looking average as a whole:

graphe6_10000_309_152___.thumb.png.6270154b9fe426fd00a0481d93435688.png

The Jan CET is about 1.2c above average so that sums it up, with zero snow for me. Def a poor winter for my locale even with the snowless ones of recent years. Just hoping this is not a precursor for a cool damp Spring.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning all,looking at the charts this morning mild midweek spell then a cold northwesterly from an active low pressure heading to our northeast some snow showers in the north and feeling chilly in the south.Possibly a few days of rather cold weather before Azores high takes over once again.

• Like 1