Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Eunice - 18th February

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Indeed...

image.thumb.png.e865e298b96f97aede94fb40ac5b7c87.png

Could go for 120 perhaps?

Very high figure for sure, though I'm aware the needles is very exposed and often does get very high. Still thats very impressive!

Most of Cornwell now into the 70s and that should transfer pretty quicker eastwards from this point onwards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I've figured it out, I jinxed it earlier when I agreed one of my friends was to blame for the storm and that's why the lull has happened. So I guess you can thank (or blame after all itdoes take another toll on the weather community) me. 

In all seriousness, it's been constantly ramping up ever so slightly, I feel that the SW might not get the worst of it if this sting jet happens, the fact that the 'almost un-forecastable' has been on the models so many times I think it has a chance of going off.

Meanwhile, here's one of the first looks outside you've probably had today unless you've personally ventured out 

Some background wind noise and then the gust on top does not make for phone camera compatibility.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
1 minute ago, Mark Smithy said:

The first time someone posted this kind of thing about 10 years ago in a mild storm it was amusing. About 15,000 times later it's beyond boring. And if you don't understand why London will be affected later in the day then you shouldn't be on a weather forum,,

Indeed. It's amazing that some folk who frequent a weather forum have no idea how weather works. It's like standing in the eye of a hurricane and wondering what all the fuss is about.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Sting jet still showing for early afternoon over the Midlands towards the East.

20220218_101748.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Really ramping up here now, alongside gin clear skies!

111mph gust at the Needles.

And not even close to the peak for the Isle of Wight. Just how high will this one go?

Cranking up nicely here, local sailing club just clocked 65mph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

After a steady build in strength, the winds are really kicking in here now. With still a couple of hours until peak gusts it's going to turn really nasty without a doubt. 

Just for a change I believe this one's going to be not just media hype.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

From Trebarwith, Tintagel Station Screenshot_20220218-101454.thumb.png.3c86f6397a50284ef8711de7291ddc31.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Mobile lines seem to be almost wearing away it would seem, starting to slow down here, either that or it's my imagination that it takes 20 seconds to send a message now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Do we have a stronger period of wind for south Wales coming? Been up to 65-70mph but very few and far between

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

just had a strong gust of wind, could hear it pushing against the house with the windows trying to push in

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Events gradually starting to build momentum here. Trees yielding in the gusts, which are steadily increasing in intensity and frequency.

Work have sent out a girl in the office to collect a car from Hertfordshire. Couldn't believe it. There does seem to be a general apathy about this, which I'm sure will change when things flying past the window.

My concern is the area of impact/population density will mean widespread power cuts, which could take an awfully long time to rectify.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm near luton airport. Planes taking of directly into the dw winds, watching the wings from side to side I'd hate being on a flight today. Was very calm and blue skies recently but the winds have picked up steady gusty breeze with the occasional roof ratler. Expecting a lot more between 12/2 but it's coming- people will be fooled by the evidently calm and warm sunshine this morning. 

Just to note I wasnt being coy in regard to the weather today. In my particular area we are experiencing a lovely day weather wise as we sit in the calmer section of the pressure system. 

so far a sunny day, couple of showers and little to mo breeze here. Dont expect it to change either. So off to enjoy the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lighting and sunshine
4 minutes ago, Mark Smithy said:

The first time someone posted this kind of thing about 10 years ago in a mild storm it was amusing. About 15,000 times later it's beyond boring. And if you don't understand why London will be affected later in the day then you shouldn't be on a weather forum,,

I'm sorry.  I am concerned about later today

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Gusts are getting stronger here now, definitely feel it 'brewing'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost
2 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

I remember being under the red warning for storm arwen, think the warning was from 9pm.

10pm - windy, 11pm - windy - I was thinking like a lot on here, oh this has been exaggerated, early hours of the morning the storm ripped through like a train, really really frightening .

Be careful what you wish for and I still think you are just at the start.

Storm Arwen howled on and off for a good while before it started to rage in a flash. I hope the same pattern doesn't befall those in Eunice's firing line.

• Like 7