Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
58 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

If that came off I’d eat my hat (if I could find it) 😂😎🫠🫠🫠

949002E0-2866-44AE-9D44-FED4C005D62C.jpeg

Now, we've been here before, wasn't it Backtrack who said he'd eat his shorts? Still hasn't happened ! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just to further add to it, almost 20 years ago, Net-weather was conceived, in the spring before one of the hottest summers on record. On the 10th August that record was beat with 38.1C being recorded in Gravesend (that's my profile picture).. I think the record prior to that was 37.6C

It's quite fitting almost 20 years later that the record will likely be broken again (despite the record being broken twice in the time since)

*Feeling super nostalgic*

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Always Borderline 😂

Even in Summer. 

BBFD98B4-D929-4852-A73B-DF1566939DF7.thumb.jpeg.95c329105f34efd288e97d418c1cabe6.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
53 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Always Borderline 😂

Even in Summer. 

BBFD98B4-D929-4852-A73B-DF1566939DF7.thumb.jpeg.95c329105f34efd288e97d418c1cabe6.jpeg

Swap you.👍

• Like 5

Posted

Total change of season anyone think we will get a cold winter?😂

• Like 6

Posted
21 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Total change of season anyone think we will get a cold winter?😂

Yes I’m going to France for three months from November 14th to February 6th 😂 coldest snowiest on record obviously 🙄 

• Like 6

Posted
13 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

GFS 18z  has a 41C in our region

GFSOPUK18_117_5.png

No if,s or buts that has to be a red warning and don't go out.extremely dangerous to even the healthier person.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, cheshire snow said:

No if,s or buts that has to be a red warning and don't go out.extremely dangerous to even the healthier person.

I've been saying this for days.

Tuesday looks brutal.

If we're lucky, we might get away with 36/37 tops here on Monday. Fingers crossed we don't see two 40C days.

• Like 7

Posted

There's still a chance that the model outputs are peaking with their heat, and we will see a reduction in temperatures over the next few days, at least that's my experience of events in the past. I think it's likely one or two locations in our region will come close to the current record of 38.7C, which is quite astonishing in itself, but I think more realistic situation is that we will see anything from 36 to 38 as absolute maximums across the region.. of course those numbers are very high still. 

Where we will likely have incredible values is at night.. every possibility an urban centre like Manchester could have minimas around 24-25C, which again would beat the current UK record of 23.9C

Astonishing period of weather coming up!

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 7

Posted
12 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Tuesday looks brutal.

If we're lucky, we might get away with 36/37 tops here on Monday. Fingers crossed we don't see two 40C days.

Bizarrely I have just read an article in the evening news with local councils asking schools to cancel sports days,are you having a laugh the schools should be shut full stop Monday and Tuesday,after all they seem to close when we get a cm of slush in winter,apparently there is no upper threshold for schools to close in severe heat,but there is a threshold for cold weather,these hot spells seem to be becoming more frequent perhaps our schools should do what our European friends do and close for summer mid June,and shorten other holidays like Easter and whit.

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
30 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

GFSOPUK18_117_5.png

Last time I experienced that kind of temperature was when I was living in California but there was low humidity given it was in the desert. Didn't stop it feeling like you've opened an oven door when you stepped outside. Dreadful stuff. Partly the reason I decided to move to New York in the Autumn as I knew there would be a snow fix and not relentless desert warmth even late in the year. Happened to be a great winter, colder than usual with tons of snow. The great thing about the big Apple was even with 2ft of snow most places didn't shut down apart from the metro and airport. The local shops was open if you decided to brave the elements and trudge there through mounds of snow.

• Like 9

Posted

Brutal no other word for it look at Tuesday a feel like Temp of 45c at 1500 this is for South Cheshire.

Screenshot_20220714-235659_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I wasn't sure this heatwave was going to produce much up here but the firming up at this range of temps is insane. I've experienced 38C once in Dallas TX and it was fine as low humidity. 34C in the Houston humidity is not so good!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An overcast start here, an overnight low of 10.1C. A stark contrast to the overnight temperatures we'll experience early next week, when they'll not dip below 20-25C. I think I can forget sleeping. An incredible spell of weather coming up.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Tuesday looks brutal.

Certainly nothing on models that moves heat away on Tues, was hoping earlier this week it may happen

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
9 hours ago, Weather-history said:

GFSOPUK18_117_5.png

I was shocked when i saw that, usually when a heatwave strikes Wigan gets a partly cloudy day with an evening shower and mild temps🥴..Unbelievable that 41c is so near

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
Just now, Spurry said:

I was shocked when i saw that, usually when a heatwave strikes Wigan gets a partly cloudy day with an evening shower and mild temps🥴..Unbelievable that 41c is so near

I have travelled a lot to the Mediterranean and beyond in my 61 years so have experienced 40c+ temps on occasions ,but I'm really excited that we could get it here for the first time.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

So thankful for today's wet conditions in the lake district which will hopefully save us from the idiots and their disposable BBQ's that will descending on the park on the next few days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wow... looks like we could be heading into uncharted territory Mon-Wed. Iv been around for a few 34-35 degree days in Manc but the thought of 36+ 🥵. That sort of heat is bad enough abroad let alone in the UK.

• Like 5

Posted

Tuesdays heat is looking a bit touch and go now, when I say that I mean for those who may want to experience 40C, could be one of those strange days where  the maximum occurs very early in the day.

In one way it's a slight shame the models are backing towards an earlier breakdown, in an ideal world, the storms will come overnight but things don't always work out like that! 

• Like 3

Posted

I had one of my courier companies ringing just after the Red Warning was issued to let me know that I won't be doing any leaflet rounds on either Monday/Tuesday which is somewhat of a relief as to be out in those kind of temperatures in a car that isn't built for such extremes would have been a nightmare. Luckily being ad-hoc I can make-up the lost time later on into next week so I won't be losing out on any income.

For others such as bus/train/taxi drivers, retail staff, the 'average joe' etc, it's going to be a testing day.

• Like 4