Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
4 hours ago, SP1986 said:

Hawarden got the national maximum official temperature today at 32.2C so Chris.R might be onto something 

Yeah, I'm just 3 miles away from Hawarden, albeit at 90m higher, and recorded 31,7C. I think the Wales record will be beaten on Monday.

Pete

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

26.8c here at Manchester Airport at 22.00 Don't  think it will drop to much further.

Received a text from Daughters school clossed until Wednesday.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
10 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Yeah, I'm just 3 miles away from Hawarden, albeit at 90m higher, and recorded 31,7C. I think the Wales record will be beaten on Monday.

Pete

35.2C to beat! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
22 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Pete

I’m only about 15 miles away and also recorded 31.7.

14 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

35.2C to beat! 

Easy. Will be gone by 12

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Nantwich was the hottest place in England today at 32c. Was surprised by that though we also had the record on New Year's Day when it was unseasonably warm.

As I said earlier it wasn't all that uncomfortable outside and it was quite hazy so with clear skies tomorrow it's going to be fascinating to see what we get too.

I'm up and out early, leaving work at 2pm to at least spend the afternoon on a record breaking day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
10 minutes ago, RobR said:

Nantwich was the hottest place in England today at 32c. Was surprised by that though we also had the record on New Year's Day when it was unseasonably warm.

As I said earlier it wasn't all that uncomfortable outside and it was quite hazy so with clear skies tomorrow it's going to be fascinating to see what we get too.

I'm up and out early, leaving work at 2pm to at least spend the afternoon on a record breaking day.

Foehn effect again

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
44 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

26.8c here at Manchester Airport at 22.00 Don't  think it will drop to much further.

Received a text from Daughters school clossed until Wednesday.

Why the schools are persisting in opening tomorrow I’ll never know. Can see it being carnage as they decide to close first thing or send the kids home half way through the day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
32 minutes ago, RobR said:

I suspect Wirral or Chester might also could have been the Joint highest, but we will never likely know! 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

I suspect Wirral or Chester might also could have been the Joint highest, but we will never likely know! 

32.8c here today

Suspect we were round about highest in the country

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
23 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Why the schools are persisting in opening tomorrow I’ll never know. Can see it being carnage as they decide to close first thing or send the kids home half way through the day. 

Many following the ‘advice’ 🙄 of the DfE will probably open tomorrow with their usual hot weather plans designed for a typical UK heatwave run of 25-30c days, realise how hard it is to function as a working school (even on the last week of term activities) and then choose to close/ run on skeleton staff  on Tuesday - 40c not out the question for Cheshire / Gtr MCR on Tuesday too so dangerous heat to walk to school in let alone being in a classroom with no air con full of 30 others! 🥵⚠️ 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

According to my weather station the temp reached 33.8c here in North Liverpool around 2.30/3pm . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Looks like we might dodge the absolute worst of this heatwave now here in the NW

ICON has max temps in the far S of the region today at 36C and on Tuesday the worst of the heat is pushing away by 4pm

image.thumb.png.4e7aa4b34d6d04983a74e00e5035e29d.png

Still, we've a horrid night to get through during the coming night first of all

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Not that warm of a night here 14.4C

16.1C here

• Like 2

Posted

Seems to be some variation in temps for different parts of the region.  Tablet app and local weather station in unison at 18°.  Airport has dropped a degree and currently reading 19°.  Twas an uncomfortable night, thankfully just tonight to manage, cooler Tuesday night.

Screenshot_20220718-060233_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220718-060305_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

13.1C

That's a bit of a surprise. Suppose to be 18C according to GFS and Met Office

I thought that feels cool outside 15.5c at 6am

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Will the cloudy start up here make any difference to todays maximum temperatures and more importantly for me, how hot the inside of the house gets.

it didn’t get below 29c upstairs last night and a rotten nights sleep was the result; certainly not the best start to a hot day in work.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A bright start to the day here with partial cloud cover, an overnight low of 15.8C, which is not as high as I was expecting and I didn't sleep too badly. It actually feels relatively cool in the bedroom, having had the window open overnight. Given that we had a lot of cloud yesterday morning, but still exceeded the forecast maximum temperature, I don't think any early cloud cover will make much difference to projected max temps in the region today.

• Like 2

Posted

It feels quite strange to be going to work shortly in a met office red warning, We do have aircon there though so I’m glad of that our house will be a lot less comfortable. Yesterday was a really lovey day though I thought proper hot summers day, I’m interested to see how rapidly the temperature can rise today as it did yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Felt relatively cool at 5am, and managed to cool the house down a few degrees on last night. Quite hazy this morning, even here in Birmingham. Curious to see how high we get today, I'm estimating 38C rather than 40.

• Like 3

Posted

Cloudy and cool.

I can see this being a damp squib. It can never reach its full potential without clear skies from the get go

Edited by Alexis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
7 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Cloudy and cool.

I can see this being a damp squib. It can never reach its full potential without clear skies from the get go

This wasn't the case yesterday after a largely cloudy morning, projected maximum was exceeded.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, severe snowstorm said:

This wasn't the case yesterday after a largely cloudy morning, projected maximum was exceeded.

Projected maximum isn't the same as potential maximum.

• Like 1

Posted

These cool night temperatures will almost certainly scupper the chances for a record today. 

Here the minimum was 19C but I'm elevated by the coast. 

We will see

• Like 3