Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

A lot of IC lightning this time around as seen from the summit of the Cat and Fiddle but more noticeable was the straight-line winds within the convective-line which must have been in the order of 50mph alongside the lashing rain reducing visibility significantly. A few passing cars had the sensible idea of joining alongside me on the pull-in to avoid the worst of it.

DSC_0176.thumb.JPG.1450181d98b3bc086e8530f40f01209a.JPGDSC_0203.thumb.JPG.6fe5c83dca086d65f8e5c883738cafb0.JPGDSC_0417.thumb.JPG.faf912dfc1dfb06893f55ec8aabfeb79.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Another nice day in Scarborough. Plenty of sunshine and pleasantly warm again. Temp reached about 22C according to the observations at Flyingdales: 

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Scarborough last 24 hours weather including temperature, wind, visibility, humidity and atmospheric pressure

Wind has got up now, making it feel much chillier. Forecast on phone app is for thunder/rain tomorrow. Would be nice to see sone thunder, as I haven’t had a thunderstorm since last year. A bit of rain this evening but barely anything, just made the ground a bit damp. Amazing how much drier it is on the east coast compared to Lancashire. Currently 17°C with 88% humidity.

Took some lovely pictures. Had a huge burger in a pub tonight. Spotted a false widow as well - eek! 🕷😬

4F5EB504-971A-48A9-845E-DCB9E59B7341.jpeg

73DBEC03-36A9-49C1-BB2C-D03E5F0FA1A3.jpeg

A5A2AD3D-B240-4F1E-A594-12DD06D13670.jpeg

3F56C735-6177-49A1-9957-0F7BEA9DAD23.jpeg

364BB044-D771-4290-8D6E-92E7D9260FB1.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

I was in the garden before the rain started last night,you could hear the noise of the heavy rain approaching it was loud

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 hours ago, carl1980 said:

I was in the garden before the rain started last night,you could hear the noise of the heavy rain approaching it was loud

I noticed that as well. It was really noticeable and it literally went from nothing to torrential rain in 1 second when it came. Very sharp boundary. I noticed the pressure rose 1.2 mb in two minutes as well.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like a nowcast for today. WRF is very underwhelming but Arpege and other forecasts are quite encouraging so God knows what will happen let’s just wait-and-see. The SW is looking good again currently anyway like yesterday morning.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

A very stormy 50 minutes last night horizontal wind and rain almost out of nowhere 

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy rain again this morning… another 5mm… now sun is out feels hot and humid… ☀️😎 
looking at radars lookslike heavy rain moved north from here and electrified other side of Pennines northwards… 

jumper and warm socks to t-shirt and shorts 🩳 weather… 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 5

Posted

Get in, it’s kicking off over Shrewsbury, just what I wanted. Liverpool Airport now reporting cumulonimbus.

• Like 6

Posted

Just getting the drizzle on the edge of the shower over the Wirral. Not electrified yet. Sell over Wrexham is electrified and heading this way.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Torrential rain!

Are you expecting that area over west Wales to develop further as it moves toward us mate, maybe 7ish?

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Are you expecting that area over west Wales to develop further as it moves toward us mate, maybe 7ish?

I’m not sure we might be too far east for that unless  it expands Eastwoods. We should get stuff over east of Wrexham in 30 minutes. Still producing lightning.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Radar has certainly picked up around Liverpool 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Skies have gone very dark to my South West and rumbles of thunder heard.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Few distant rumbles again.

Last night Pier Head Liverpool....

• Like 7

Posted

Cells are passing to my west.

I'll be glad when this year is over. It has been largely forgettable with just a few events of note, so far. . Even though the summer had a high index, I personally didn't enjoy it.  Perhaps the final quarter might be more interesting but I'm not holding my breath 

The  year so far feels to me it has been lacking. Thunder, snow, hail, convective weather, fog, frost........

• Like 4