Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Lol ,we manage one day a year on average with lying snow max 2 inch and lasts 3 hours before Irish Sea blowtorch decimates it 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Lol ,we manage one day a year on average with lying snow max 2 inch and lasts 3 hours before Irish Sea blowtorch decimates it 

At least you can relate then mate, sad state of affairs and getting worse.

Just give me one of these this Winter just ONE.

1334056829_Jan1995.thumb.png.b4f0dcb3977dd2678dece630eecb2ece.png568669734_Feb2005.thumb.png.b988eddbc989187c5efb259d9fb6fc23.png911062733_Feb2005a.thumb.png.31a6e279c7251db0af07718aa1677bb0.png

Could contain:

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

1334056829_Jan1995.thumb.png.b4f0dcb3977dd2678dece630eecb2ece.png568669734_Feb2005.thumb.png.b988eddbc989187c5efb259d9fb6fc23.png911062733_Feb2005a.thumb.png.31a6e279c7251db0af07718aa1677bb0.png

Could contain:

When was this?

We've low pressure in similiar position now, alas no cold air to tap into.. but rhe currwnt synoptics of southerly lows are increasing my confidence this year may be different, higher snowfall stakes.. we shall see.

Back to today, very pleasant for late October, sunny breaks, current temp 14 degrees, ideal walking/outdoor weather, good timing for anyone visiting Lake District, half term as well. Now entering peak autumn colour season, thankfully not much wind so fae blow leaves away early.

This is the last 'light' weekend of the year... make the most of it. Tomorrow looks quite poor mind.. so we have one more chance of a  light decent weekend day in next Saturday.. believe me in 2 weeks everything feels very different, much more winter state.. 

• Like 8

Posted
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Could contain:

We're 2 years late on the once a decade snow fest, I'm sure it'll come any year now

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

We're 2 years late on the once a decade snow fest, I'm sure it'll come any year now

2 years late? Reference to the charts posted.. seem confused. Looking at tye graphics and presenters would hazard a guess the charts are from sometime 2000- 2005, but can't recall any such snowy synoptic as shown during that timeframe.. Feb 04 or 05 possibly?

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted
15 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

The frozen fingers of winter reached as far as Greece last year..who knows when our waters will be next touched by a memorable event.

Ghost.

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

When was this?

Recognize them. Look like they are screenshots from the videos I uploaded onto YouTube. The John Kettley one was the famous Yorkshire snow dump of late January 1995. Sadly the graphics was nothing like it turned out for for the area of the white shading.

The others are late February 2005 and amazingly the snow turned to rain here that morning!!

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Feb 2005 was pretty decent round here in an otherwise mediocre early winter. Most of the snowfalls were fleeting mind you mostly occurring at night before melting during the day but one snowfall occurred during the day that brought 5 inches. I had to stay off work as the lane wasn't treated here. It was a better single fall than the late Dec 2000 one which was around 3 inches. At least in this locale.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

As expected, it was a decent day today with some sunshine at times and the temperature well above average, peaking at 16.7C this afternoon. Some heavy showers now making in roads to the region though. It's looking as though temps above average is the theme for the foreseeable. Hopefully we can flick the switch to some colder weather as we head into November.

• Like 4

Posted

Turned out not to bad washed camper van and detailed it   And enjoyed roast 👍👍

• Like 5

Posted
13 hours ago, Scuba steve said:

Woke up this morning thinking about one ,lol

What you asking her for 😂 a roast or a ?????

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Looks like it is going to be a very wet morning if the radar echoes maintains that intensity

Yes, looks quite dire, started to spit with rain here about 15 mins ago.  Still quite dark too with the cloud cover. Yuk.

• Like 7

Posted

First signs of rain in the air, quite a morning washout showing on the radar if it all lines up on it's current trajectory.  We'll probably miss the exciting thundery stuff the south always seems to get but I'm sure we won't be left short of the wet stuff.

• Like 5

Posted

The North West region was one stop too far for the tired rain band and it's been mostly bashed on the head in our region...looks torrential in the midlands and south east though.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An overcast and wet morning here with moderate to heavy rain for the last couple of hours or so and plenty more to come judging by the radar.

• Like 6

Posted
9 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

What you asking her for 😂 a roast or a ?????

Lol a roast diner 😂😂.        Rains arrived looks grim 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Lots of CAPE on WRF for this afternoon. After downgrading yesterday it's upgrade it again. Cold front seems to have moved through quicker than expected.

• Like 6