Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
41 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

Wow I saw the lorry one in the roundabout… now in Cheshire Oaks, will have a think on which way to get back home..

They’ve closed roundabout to recover lorry… the m67 is closed heading to it… chaos in Hyde.. people turning at Hyde junction of roundabout and having to come back on themselves 🙈🙈 Just made it to Ashton on way to ground ⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 

🤞🤞🤞 Hopefully fully open again in couple of hours 

• Like 5

Posted

My least favourite type of weather today.  Damp, grey and cool with low cloud.  It’s never really got properly light and will soon be getting dark again.  

Fortunately we have not had much of this weather this year.  Hoping for some brightness tomorrow.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Yeah, I was out on the bike, and it was one of those days we normally see all too often during the months of Nov - Feb. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Overcast with rain on and off most of today, mostly light but with some heavier bursts at times. A classic dark November day.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well we’ve managed to resist up to now but had to put some heating on this afternoon.

Leaving it until November 5th isn’t a bad effort though and it is only the fire in the living room but that officially brings to an end what must be the longest time we’ve had without needing some artificial warming.

As for the weather and the Burnley result, I don’t know which is the more depressing😩

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Didn’t bother in the end as weather is abysmal and dark  , a short wet walk and a lazy day 

• Like 6

Posted

Grey, drizzle and rain on and off all day.  Tops of the hills remained misty/foggy, @Scuba steve it wouldn't have been a pleasant trip up to the Cat, views non existent, it's  grim up there on days like today.  Rain eased here for the time being, most of the region looks a bit wet for tonight's firework displays.

• Like 6

Posted

I'm 50/50 whether to head out for the local town display as I can see it from this side of the valley without needing to get soggy feet but the evening wind-direction isn't in my favor regarding any lingering firework smoke. I'll likely brave any rain/mud and venture out anyway as my prime location is on a footpath behind the main field (no need to pay £8 for a mere 5 minute display) and it's just as close.

• Like 6

Posted

In traffic heading back to glossop vis Ashton… think motorway is open again? Had Worse the moon came out when Haaland took penalty and then went behind cloud after… heavy drizzle all match until final 10-15 minutes…  Ruchi Indian takeaway on way back and surrounded by fireworks going off 🎆🎇🧨🎆🎇🧨⚽⚽

Lost my voice shouting/chanting 🤣😂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

As already said, the clearance has come through so hopefully some dry conditions for anyone out at bonfires and firework displays.

I can see a bonfire in the distance and there seems to be plenty of fireworks about but I think any I watch will be from the conservatory.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Clearer skies moved in here just after sunset and the temperature is starting to fall away nicely. Not done much all day, but will probably go out for a brisk walk in an hour or so, should be a perfect evening for it.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
38 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

In traffic heading back to glossop vis Ashton… think motorway is open again? Had Worse the moon came out when Haaland took penalty and then went behind cloud after… heavy drizzle all match until final 10-15 minutes…  Ruchi Indian takeaway on way back and surrounded by fireworks going off 🎆🎇🧨🎆🎇🧨⚽⚽

Lost my voice shouting/chanting 🤣😂

So.. Ruchi is the place for Indian take away Will?

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, rain cleared nicely for anyone out there enjoying the fireworks, they are in full swing here, lots of popping and fizzy crackling noise, no big ones let off yet that shake the window frames.  Not too chilly either if wrapped up warm 9° here, currently.  

• Like 7

Posted
37 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

So.. Ruchi is the place for Indian take away Will?

Always friendly and great food… they have put prices up by 50p-£1… like everywhere I guess… 

just home with takeaway caught tail end of early Manor Park fireworks 💥 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Clear moonlight night and a cordite haze in bollington  tonight

• Like 7

Posted
13 minutes ago, raul_sbd said:

8.8c here in Glossop.. skies clearing up. 

Was quite Misty coming back through Ashton… 

not sure how chilly we will get tonight… Manor Park later fireworks were good… plus other peeps doing them all over 

• Like 6

Posted

It turned in-to a pleasant evening after all the drab and drizzle of the day although wearing a down-jacket alongside a wooly jumper was a bit 'overkill' for the temperature, wind direction was perfect to blow the bonfire smoke away from the 'free spectator' area and the fireworks display was one of the best for a while.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Gone very foggy here, often the case on bonfire night. Moon was out earlier, currently 6°C with 92% humidity.

• Like 5

Posted

Yes, really foggy (smoggy?) here too because of the constant fireworks and no wind.

• Like 7