Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

I think it’s fair to say those models that kept it mainly dry this weekend even up to the 06 & 12Z’s have had an unbelievable shocker! 

DC0E4260-CB71-484F-AC5B-2AD8AF81F325.thumb.jpeg.bdd86db51f17f2fbe2f5d5f08f077f41.jpeg

Posted
Just now, Josh Rubio said:

My view right now, in Leicestershire.

0FCED041-FFD0-44EB-9539-FEF601B77029.jpeg

Similar red glow here and half a rainbow at sunset too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Anyone up for  'cold haters club 2022/2023' . It could be activated if any day in winter gets below 6c. Personally. Any temp in winter below 8c puts me in to a bad mood.

Yes please! I’ve decided that I will now hate cold and snow

Absolutely miserable evening, it’s cold outside even in a hoodie. 

• Like 1

Posted

Rank out there. Winter coat back out and woolly hat on to protect my ears from the wind.

No storms as expected,the weather just disintegrated

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, markyo said:

High June average tops out at 20c. Average overall is 17c. So above average.

Nothing in the link I posted above mentioning “Greater London”, however looking at the stats the coolest place in in London in June is Hampstead with an average high of 20.4 but a daily mean of only 15.8 (not 17). Nowhere has a daily mean of 17C expect for the bbc weather centre with an average June mean of 18C (Average high 22C average low 14C).

So what we can gather from the stats is that most places in London in June have daily maxima above 20°C but daily mean below 17°C. It isn’t rocket science.

1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Anyone up for  'cold haters club 2022/2023' . It could be activated if any day in winter gets below 6c. Personally. Any temp in winter below 8c puts me in to a bad mood.

Wouldn’t go down well on this weather forum I don’t think... Most people on here are cold lovers.

A mild haters club in winter would go down a lot better.

There is an almost universal hate on here for 12C, overcast and drizzle whether it occurs in summer or winter.

You hate 12C in summer but love it in winter im guessing?

2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

So no difference to winter, then. 

Yep.. Pretty much. Average winter high in Penzance is about 9/10°C. So barely any warmer than a typical winter day!

• Like 1

It’s bloody minging, 13C and raining more like winter. I know where all different but honestly how people prefer this over being able to sit and have a chat with friends and family over a beer is utterly beyond me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Rank out there. Winter coat back out and woolly hat on to protect my ears from the wind.

No storms as expected,the weather just disintegrated

'Winter coat' really? Perhaps a summer jacket? Don't be such a drama queen, it is not 5c?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

'Winter coat' really? Perhaps a summer jacket? Don't be such a drama queen, it is not 5c?

Yeah mate. Winter coat. It’s pouring with rain, 11 degrees with a feels like temperature of 9 and in the wind it’s probably even lower than that. 

We can’t all be big, strong, brave men like yourself sir. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Nothing in the link I posted above mentioning “Greater London”, however looking at the stats the coolest place in in London in June is Hampstead with an average high of 20.4 but a daily mean of only 15.8 (not 17). Nowhere has a daily mean of 17C expect for the bbc weather centre with an average June mean of 18C (Average high 22C average low 14C).

So what we can gather from the stats is that most places in London in June have daily maxima above 20°C but daily mean below 17°C. It isn’t rocket science.

Wouldn’t go down well on this weather forum I don’t think... Most people on here are cold lovers.

A mild haters club in winter would go down a lot better.

There is an almost universal hate on here for 12C, overcast and drizzle whether it occurs in summer or winter.

You hate 12C in summer but love it in winter im guessing?

Yep.. Pretty much. Average winter high in Penzance is about 9/10°C. So barely any warmer than a typical winter day!

Yep. It is always absolutely hopeless. But it is what it is. It's the British weather. And it will be ever thus. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s bloody minging, 13C and raining more like winter. I know where all different but honestly how people prefer this over being able to sit and have a chat with friends and family over a beer is utterly beyond me.

20-25 degrees with a gentle breeze and blue skies is perfect for a lot of people I think, however, we don’t often get that. It’s either damp, grey and cold or we end up getting a hot and sweaty plume. 

The thing with our weather is that we seem to get wild swings. Just look at today compared to yesterday, for example. 

Next week looks nice, as long as we don’t get any more heatwave/plume rubbish. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Josh Rubio said:

20-25 degrees with a gentle breeze and blue skies is perfect for a lot of people I think, however, we don’t often get that. It’s either damp, grey and cold or we end up getting a hot and sweaty plume. 

The thing with our weather is that we seem to get wild swings. Just look at today compared to yesterday, for example. 

Next week looks nice, as long as we don’t get any more heatwave/plume rubbish. 

Next week does look like a very pleasant halfway house for everyone.

Though breaking down for the weekend as usual.

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Yeah mate. Winter coat. It’s pouring with rain, 11 degrees with a feels like temperature of 9 and in the wind it’s probably even lower than that. 

So it would seem, each to their own and all that bs ⛈

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
19 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It is not about choosing between two extremes. I don't like 30+C blazing sun or 12C and pouring rain in summer. I like a comfortable happy medium, 20-25C and sunny. I don't see when it comes to weather preferences or dislikes, why some people keep bringing it down to a false dilemma of one extreme or the other.

The Met Office forecast for Horsham next week is ideal for me, low 20's C, dry and sunny, shame I am at work. Watch it disintegrate into a cool drizzly clagfest come Saturday.

Edited by al78
  • Like 1

Posted

Let's put all this in perspective. 11c in Dudley on 18th June. Is there any chance of us all having a BBQ on 18th December and everyone gathered round in deck chairs and short sleeves having a beer.Unless you are in Australia.  

• Like 3

Posted

15c on the Yorkshire Wolds according to my mobile Braverian temp gauge! Accuracy is open for conjecture? 

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
21 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Agreed. I had a light waterproof jacket when I was skirting just below the summit of Ben Macdui earlier last week in cloud, rain and a strong wind with the temperature well down into single digits, and I was fine. Admittedly hiking up a 450m sustained ascent does generate a fair bit of internal heat. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

IMG_20220613_125900957_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
2 hours ago, MP-R said:

There is no such thing as a ‘Greater London average’. I’ve picked a site somewhere in the middle. More suburban London is slightly less... more urban London is slightly more.

It doesn’t matter where you look and how many sites you average... London’s June max doesn’t average at 17C! (as much as you might like it to...)

Big populations do Skew temperatures. Cities Skew temperatures.  Met office keep there observations at or on airfields just like Heathrow etc. So the temperature is skewed ,

Posted
7 minutes ago, al78 said:

Agreed. I had a light waterproof jacket when I was skirting just below the summit of Ben Macdui earlier last week in cloud, rain and a strong wind with the temperature well down into single digits, and I was fine. Admittedly hiking up a 450m sustained ascent does generate a fair bit of internal heat. As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

IMG_20220613_125900957_HDR.jpg

Exactly - which is why I’m putting on a winter coat. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Exactly - which is why I’m putting on a winter coat. 

Hardly comparable, hiking and climbing a mountain trail or pi77ing and moaning because it is a bit chilly in my back garden

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Hardly comparable, hiking and climbing a mountain trail or pi77ing and moaning because it is a bit chilly in my back garden

It’s not a competition mate. It’s cold out there. The current weather wouldn’t be out of place in winter. In winter I wouldn’t wear a ‘light summer jacket’ so why would I now just because it’s June?

You’re the one getting all up in your feelings for some obscure reason because I’m exercising my right to wear a winter coat, not me.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

It’s the moans thread! I don’t feel the cold too much but this evening isn’t pleasant, feels pretty chilly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Had mine on too when I was in the garden! A big drop from 30c to 13c feels freezing! Mine was a puffa jacket with down in it. Didn't feel I needed a hat though

• Like 2