Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Another week of warm weather before a cooler weekend.  Wish the cooler weather would hurry up quite frankly.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Shame we don’t get more weather like this back home at 8am

31C with 25C dew point. 

1FEA403D-CDAC-4F9D-A7E5-3560D0F4F3A8.thumb.jpeg.592a37ddac923e098b97a479b888fa91.jpeg

You must be having a laugh, why would you want that kind of heat and humidity in the U.K.? With our lack of air conditioning and current infrastructure it would be horrendous.

1 hour ago, Stewart M said:

Another week of warm weather before a cooler weekend.  Wish the cooler weather would hurry up quite frankly.  

Welcome to the forum Stewart. You’ll fit in well on here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

31C with 25C dew point. 

1FEA403D-CDAC-4F9D-A7E5-3560D0F4F3A8.thumb.jpeg.592a37ddac923e098b97a479b888fa91.jpeg

One word.....vile

• Like 3

Posted

What annoys me more than anything is the assumption often trotted out by weather officials on BBC weather or even in media that the jet stream is 'usually to the north of the uk in summer'. When in reality it is almost always either across the Uk or towards the south. As per the weekend coming and beyond. The useless Azores high which is meant to be here in summer is hundreds of miles away stuck in the middle of the atlantic when it couldn't keep away from us in December/January when it is a waste of time in the darkness ! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

So after Friday, the current charts show a pathetic 2weeks of weather,,another cool wet weekend yet again, So if these 2 weeks turn out correct, by my calculations we have 3 weeks to redeem itself before the normal crap we get In August,, climate change doesn’t seem so effect the UK in August 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

One word.....vile

6 hours ago, Alderc said:

31C with 25C dew point. 

Brilliant. If i had to pick one climate that was 'perfect' for me anyway. It was Galle in the south of Sri Lanka. On the beach. I follow England cricket and have been to NZ , Aus , South Africa and Sri Lanka. Galle in Sri Lanka was about 30c max in the day and 24c min overnight. So it was always a beautiful level of warmth. Sun used to go down at 6pm but the evenings outside the beach bars were just a lovely warmth. No need for coats or hats. Just bloody lovely. The local fishermen would put their catch out on a table and you would pick your fish and they would BBQ it will you wait and serve up with a few fries and salad and stuff. Idyllic really! 

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Alderc said:

31C with 25C dew point. 

Nasty humidity. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

What annoys me more than anything is the assumption often trotted out by weather officials on BBC weather or even in media that the jet stream is 'usually to the north of the uk in summer'. When in reality it is almost always either across the Uk or towards the south. As per the weekend coming and beyond. The useless Azores high which is meant to be here in summer is hundreds of miles away stuck in the middle of the atlantic when it couldn't keep away from us in December/January when it is a waste of time in the darkness ! 

Well they’re not wrong… that is where the jet stream should be more often than not in summer (that’s if there’s even a coherent jet stream at all). At worst it would be ‘over’ the north of the UK rather than ‘to’ the north of the UK. The jet stream powering across us or to or south is what brings us our poorest summers.

7 hours ago, Alderc said:

31C with 25C dew point. 

I can almost hear the incessant whining on this forum if that would occur

• Like 2

Posted

A very nice day here. Wall to wall sun and high of around 19°C. ☀️ Shame about the trails though.. Sky looked a bit of a mess.

Got the bus into town and walked back, and by the time I got home I was pretty warm. 

Nice day but wouldn’t want it any warmer.

Thursday now forecast to be a surprise hot day here with both bbc weather and iPhone weather app going for 26°C, before turning cool and showery at the weekend (big surprise there lol). Not had a day that hot yet so would be hottest day of the year here if it is as hot as they forecast (and yes, 26°C is boiling up north!)

0144242E-304E-4213-9403-9C678A0C7606.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Off from Thursday for 5 days and Thursday was going to be my one nice day off but now the forecast has changed to rain and clouds. Absolutely deflated.

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Off from Thursday for 5 days and Thursday was going to be my one nice day off but now the forecast has changed to rain and clouds. Absolutely deflated.

You're down in the South East though, you're bound to get some decent days I would have thought.

Only had 2 decent days out of 21 up in here in the Autumnal North West.

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

You're down in the South East though, you're bound to get some decent days I would have thought.

Only had 2 decent days out of 21 up in here in the Autumnal North West.

Not according to the forecast anymore, just rain and cloud symbols. 95% of the sunny days in June have fallen while I'm at work. I feel for you though, 2 in 21 is shocking.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Took a look at the models max temperatures for my area. Disgusting, October temperatures from saturday onwards for the forseeable future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Took a look at the models max temperatures for my area. Disgusting, October temperatures from saturday onwards for the forseeable future.

There’s a big difference in avg maxes favouring the south east. With Heathrow averaging a max of 23.0C so far, which is really decent for June while places further north are average or just below at 17-19C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Just checked the BBC weather app to find they've changed Thursday to showers in the afternoon for my area what happened to wall to wall sunshine all day I'm really hoping it's a blip and it will quickly change back

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
13 minutes ago, Row w said:

Just checked the BBC weather app to find they've changed Thursday to showers in the afternoon for my area what happened to wall to wall sunshine all day I'm really hoping it's a blip and it will quickly change back

Thundery showers probably

• Like 2

Posted

Had to laugh at the number of times I think it was yesterday or Sunday the BBC forecaster said, 'it's a little too early to give up on summer just yet.'. Thought it rather odd to say half way through June, seems rather ominous to me, must be seeing something 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Certainly seems like a Wimbledon with covers on and off, most GFS runs recently showing showery setup likely from 27th June until 10th July

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, SunSean said:

Wish it was the same for here. Bbc weather app forecasting 25°C for Thursday and iPhone weather app forecasting 27°C!

8243EF8F-C8A9-4104-8A3D-4C42CBEC5CA4.thumb.png.14a15a1c4b8b16969d6d174a6b61dcc6.png534DDC9C-B668-4E92-9CDD-5BBCB8022BB6.thumb.png.ee61bfd07f584a4f6020e67bfae989b9.png

Luckily only for a day before turning cooler and fresher by the weekend.

5 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Oh. And solidarity with the railway workers ✌

What is it they’re actually striking about though? Poor working conditions? Or just pay? Because from what I’ve heard it’s a pretty good job with good holidays, good pensions and high salary. No not sure what they’re moaning about.. A lot of people moaning on Jeremy vine show on radio 2 today. Not surprising considering the mass distribution it has caused.

Hopefully it’s just a few days and it doesn’t go on and on, I’m going on holiday to Scarborough in first week of September, and I’ll be going by train (I don’t drive), hopefully everything resolved by then.

30 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Not much moaning going on in here! Must have been a good one for everyone!

I’ll have a moan! Lovely blue skies today, much less aeroplane mess in the sky than yesterday but the warm day combined with the evening sun coming through my NW facing bedroom made it feel very warm.

According to my phone it reached 23°C today here, only 13°C now but once the warmth is inside it takes a long time to get rid of it, bedroom window wide open and still feels warm.

Luckily, today is the longest day which means that from now on the sun will gradually get weaker and it’ll start getting dark earlier, so warm days won’t be as much as an issue.

After getting a bit of a belly in winter I can definitely notice the difference, I’d say now about 20°C is my max comfort level if it’s sunny or about 23°C if it’s cloudy. The advantage though is that I feel less cold in winter and can wear shorts and t-shirts in cooler conditions than I could previously. Not single digit temps like some but mid teens I’d be okay. All that extra belly fat is great for insulating the body. Like having built in central heating. Like a well insulated house, it’s great in winter, spring or autumn but really warm in summer.

So my controversial advice to anyone who is fed up of feeling cold in summer - gain weight! You’ll feel warmer.. About a degree for every stone I’d say.

And the opposite for people who are too hot... Losing a stone or two could make the summer a lot more bearable.

Defintely interesting though how we don’t all feel temperature the same - although life would be easier if we did!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Beautiful cloudless blue sky which I will have to depart from for work in a few hours

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1