Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Not a single normal pair of bikini bottoms in sight. Every lady dressed like that! ??

Really?! Woudn't catch me with my fat wobbly cheeks out like that!! LOL

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Really?! Woudn't catch me with my fat wobbly cheeks out like that!! LOL

Yup really! Even I was thinking of getting a man pair

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Yup really! Even I was thinking of getting a man pair

I think you should my dear!! Nothing like making arze of yourself

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Another boring cold summers day. Blustery winds. Showers.  18c max. Rubbish. 

Oh come on! 18C isn’t cold... It’s lovely and warm. Don’t be such a wuss...

I personally find changeable showery weather quite interesting, certainly a lot less boring than just clear blue skies all day..

5 hours ago, Don said:

Showers got more frequent as the afternoon progressed and has been a cool feeling day.

Felt warm in the sun but cool when clouds came over and the breeze got up. Barely any showers here though. Always a lottery with showery setups like these.

4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

That’s a dreadful forecast. Rain every day and maxes of 15-19°C, what I’d expect in late October. Yet more time cooped up indoors.

Oops, sorry! What a lovely outlook. Beautiful, calming grey skies without that dreadful sunshine, and refreshing soaking drizzle, with invigorating gale force winds and energising chilly temperatures. So rare in these tropical, sun blasted isles. Joyous! 

Tbh the iPhone weather app is very pessimistic when it comes to rainfall. You’ll find that unless you’re in a very dry spell most days will be forecast for rain - in reality the app will say rain even if there’s only a 30% chance of rain at some point during the day. The bbc weather and met office apps are a lot more precise, and give an hour by hour forecast - although even on these the daily summary can be misleading - very often it will say light rain or light showers but then you look at the hourly forecast for that day and they’ll only be a 30% chance of rain between 4 and 6 pm.

Anyway 15-19°C in late October? Maybe in Prague.. That would be a heatwave up here. Around 9-13°C, wind and rain is typical for late October up here.

And again, I’m so glad you agree with me.... Sunshine is nice once in a while but you can’t beat grey skies, light drizzle and a strong refreshing breeze... So invigorating unlike energy sapping heat and humidity.

Anyway if you think that is bad then wait until you see the forecast for western coastal areas...

Heavy rain, 40-50 mph winds and 15-17°C temps in these two exposed coastal locations...

8B819A44-7188-4843-98CE-0C46252F652F.thumb.png.44785feb68301bd3b5099c51c5b6f3b8.png35B80E36-8421-40E8-894F-678B0751C3FA.thumb.png.61a6ec4e89a4d9c54dd3534d80798519.png

And in reality it will feel even cooler than that because of the strong sea breeze and damp air. I’ve been to Barmouth. When it was 17°C it felt like about 12°C because of the strong sea breeze.

Western coastal areas are pretty much autumnal all year round, with strong winds, heavy rain, thick cloud and 8-17°C temps all year round the order of the day, especially when the wind is from the west of the south west. Miserable if you like heat or even warmth but they’re an absolute dream if you hate any kind of warm weather.

So anyone from the south and south east moaning about this weeks weather... Be grateful you’re not on the west coast!

Doesn't stop people wearing shorts at these places though, there were loads of people wearing shorts (often with a hoodie) when I went to Barmouth in August 2019 even though it was only 17°C and windy most of the time. Went to the north east coast in May 2018, Was about 12°C with thick fog but felt like about 6°C due to cold NE breeze. Loads of people in shorts... me included because I’m a tough lad (or a meniac) ha ha.

Ive noticed a lot more people wear shorts at the seaside compared to inland - even in chilly weather. I think it’s either because people at the seaside are really tough or it’s because  when you’re on holiday you just don’t care. I don’t really. If it’s a bit chilly I don’t really mind. I just put on a hoodie and get on with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Hmm, pleasant enough day today but for a forecast of clear skies, there is an obscene amount of cloud up there. So much so, that I'm only having about 1 minute of sun followed by 5 mins of cloud, rinse and repeat. Also the clear patches on the satellite keep filling in. Cloud- please do one.

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Very blowy out there today but counting myself lucky the last couple of days I’ve been on the right side of the country to benefit from the dry and generally sunny conditions. 22c - great day to dry the washing!

• Like 4

Posted

My word! The clear blue sky forecast today has been made a mockery! Literally 90% cloud cover now!! How can they get it so wrong in such a short space of time. Also loving that the middle of July is predicted to be gorgeous when that whole period I will be working but holidays either side when it could be unsettled. Wonder who I have angered to get this bad luck with weather recently lol. Oh well, hopefully their predictions will be as terrible as today's forecast.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Just come back over the Pennies, those res sets on the Woodhead pass are really showing the strain. And to think i was laughed at and called a liar barely a month ago for flagging Yorkshire Waters adverts on radio for reduced consumption....

• Like 4

Posted
39 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just come back over the Pennies, those res sets on the Woodhead pass are really showing the strain. And to think i was laughed at and called a liar barely a month ago for flagging Yorkshire Waters adverts on radio for reduced consumption....

Yeah but we want the rain in the autumn /winter not the summer!  Well i do anyway. I want blue sky. Sunshine. 25c ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah but we want the rain in the autumn /winter not the summer!  Well i do anyway. I want blue sky. Sunshine. 25c ! 

Fully understand, summer is such a important time for so many but sadly we do need rain....and a heck of a lot of it by the looks of things.

• Like 3

Posted

I can stop moaning now lol. Went to Southend seafront and there was hardly any cloud down here for the rest of the day. Amazing how much difference a few miles makes!

• Like 4

Posted

Flippin eck. Just walked back down the road from the pub in the Icelandic gales. Had to zip my coat right up to the top to prevent hypothermia setting in. What makes me even more miserable is the fact Sweden in basking in 30c heat. UK. The capital of no global warming. June 26th. ONE day at 30c. Shocking.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Bit warm on the balcony this evening

65EB5112-D329-4139-849B-8FD8EBC1F95F.thumb.jpeg.ed0c597f662f82c491de0ac3336fbc65.jpeg

Sod that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 25/06/2022 at 19:51, stainesbloke said:

That’s a dreadful forecast. Rain every day and maxes of 15-19°C, what I’d expect in late October. Yet more time cooped up indoors.

Oops, sorry! What a lovely outlook. Beautiful, calming grey skies without that dreadful sunshine, and refreshing soaking drizzle, with invigorating gale force winds and energising chilly temperatures. So rare in these tropical, sun blasted isles. Joyous! 

Lol.

I don’t think June has been too bad in the London region. We’ve had a few shoddy days, but on the whole it’s been a sunnier month compared to May(which was another disappointing one, but not as bad as May 2021).

The sunny weather has at least come along during June and the longest daylight hours,  but the only gripe I have is the weekends have been a bit hit and miss, and no widespread thunderstorms.

Still, there’s time for another hot spell and storms between now and late August.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 25/06/2022 at 15:14, markyo said:

I do the Woodhead pass least 3 times a week and the drop in those reservoirs is marked now, not even into July yet. We do need rain, quite a bit to be honest. 

I said back in Jan/Feb on this forum that we could be approaching drought conditions come June.

Potentially looking into later August/September now until we see more prolonged rainfall.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I said back in Jan/Feb on this forum that we could be approaching drought conditions come June.

Potentially looking into later August/September now until we see more prolonged rainfall.

Are you now thinking August could be dry overall and only becoming wetter later in the month?

Posted
8 hours ago, Alderc said:

Bit warm on the balcony this evening

65EB5112-D329-4139-849B-8FD8EBC1F95F.thumb.jpeg.ed0c597f662f82c491de0ac3336fbc65.jpeg

And your paying to be there!??

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Flippin eck. Just walked back down the road from the pub in the Icelandic gales. Had to zip my coat right up to the top to prevent hypothermia setting in. What makes me even more miserable is the fact Sweden in basking in 30c heat. UK. The capital of no global warming. June 26th. ONE day at 30c. Shocking.

And the Oscar for the Most Dramatic Walk Home from the Pub goes to......Only joking, we all feel temps differently

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I like some rain in summer for the garden and wildlife, but preferably in the form of frequent, strong thunderstorms, with the occasional heavy, frontal rainfall event. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Certainly been dry here!

4mm in Jan
37mm in Feb
27mm in March
6mm in April
27mm in May
29mm for June

Only Feb around average, the rest below with January and April ridiculously dry. Not sure about crystal ball gazing into late august for some more prolonged rainfall, but there isn't much in the offing here in the next couple of weeks it would seem.

Posted

June has been pretty dreadful over this side of the Irish Sea. Day after day of cloud, breezy and cool. I would say I've had only 3 days out of the 30 (the rest of the week will be awful) that I would classify as proper Summer days.

The lack of sunshine has been the biggest issue though and no sign of cloudless skies in sight either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yes it has been very dry in Sussex in recent weeks. I will have to start barrowing watering cans on my allotment to water my crops again. I do find these prolonged locked in weather patterns very annoying from a cultivation perspective, and we seem to be getting them at some point every year now, either bone dry or soaking wet.

• Like 3