Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
5 hours ago, SunSean said:

June 2022 comes in 4th place (since 2007) for Heathrow, for amount of sunshine with a very respectable 212.2 hours. Overall I would say a very decent month for the South East. My one complaint is that most of the best days were when I was stuck at work!! Lol.

Screenshot_20220701-073250_Sheets.jpg

Interesting that. Cheers.  

Do you have a link to other Heathrow data? I'm looking for accurate rainfall( or lack off) info for this area. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
6 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Interesting that. Cheers.  

Do you have a link to other Heathrow data? I'm looking for accurate rainfall( or lack off) info for this area. 

No probs man. I just keep track of it all in my own spreadsheets lol. Here is rainfall so far for heathrow-

Screenshot_20220701-132931_Sheets.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, SunSean said:

No probs man. I just keep track of it all in my own spreadsheets lol. Here is rainfall so far for heathrow-

Screenshot_20220701-132931_Sheets.jpg

Mate, that's brilliant. Much appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Slightly better day but still below par with lots of cloud and a rather underwhelming 20°C 

• Like 2

Posted
On 24/06/2022 at 16:56, Andy Bown said:

Ok so last Friday was a stunning hot evening, however this evening will become the 4th out of 6 cricket sessions (6pm-7pm on Fridays) affected by rain locally! And on all of those it’s been dry all day until at some stage in that hour! 

Just dug this up from last Friday! Here we are again, dry all day so far and showers now turning up at 17.00!! 5th week out of 7!!!!! 

Simply how!?!?!?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

33C outside, 28C inside. Just had a cold shower after walking home and I'm sweating again already!

That is why the majority hate that type of weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Not that long to go and we'll lose the lingering twilight by the end of the month across the southern slice of Northern England, just a few more weeks to get through and then Autumn slowly approaching 

• Like 3

Posted

In Lancaster only maybe 5 days this year have reached 20C. All but one were not properly sunny because we were on the edge of the warm airmass, for example that brief plume when Exeter reached 32C (not far from the record) but Lancaster had dropped to 16C by the afternoon. The exception was last Thursday which reached 24-25C up here and was a lovely sunny day, but then by evening it poured with rain so was still no good if anyone wanted a BBQ. 

There have been a few nice days in the high teens, but other than that, a lot less nice or 'pleasant to sit outside' days than down south.

Supposedly the average maxima here is only 2C lower here than back home in Devon, but it often feels more like 5-10C this year.

Quite a lot of rain recently (just started raining again), and no sign of any yellow grass around here. I wanted to go to the Scottish highlands but no hint of a break in poor weather up there. 

Feels like a different world up here. People moaning from the south have increasingly less sympathy from me 

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, markyo said:

I still prefer it to 17C and rain.

Anyway, a strong cold front is passing through. Only 24C outside now.

• Like 1

Posted

Just watching the cricket highlights from Edgaston today. It's July 1st. The crowd in big winter padded coats. Some of the England fielders in long sleeve jumpers to keep out the cold. What a laughable climate.  At lunch time today I popped to the shop and a blustery shower went over. It was 16c. At mid day. Only marginally warmer than a mild January day. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
25 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

I still prefer it to 17C and rain.

Anyway, a strong cold front is passing through. Only 24C outside now.

Its just that 17c doesn't make you that sweaty from walking that you need a shower....and then you need another one due to sweating straight afterwards. For most that would be uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Posted

When you have to be out in it trudging around for a long time like I did today, yes. But that's not so common. Yesterday for example was hotter and didn't feel too bad.

Anyway, the odd bit of discomfort is a small price to pay for reliable summery conditions. You don't have to take it but I will!

• Like 2

Posted
20 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, acclimatisation does happen quite quickly. The UK climate doesn’t stay warm long enough for this to happen, usually. 

Lol I know.

Felt sweaty on Wednesday because of the humidity and 23-24c with cloudy conditions mixed with strong sunshine, but was feeling cold today in the shade with a wind blowing and 20c.

• Like 3

Posted
13 hours ago, SunSean said:

June 2022 comes in 4th place (since 2007) for Heathrow, for amount of sunshine with a very respectable 212.2 hours. Overall I would say a very decent month for the South East. My one complaint is that most of the best days were when I was stuck at work!! Lol.

Screenshot_20220701-073250_Sheets.jpg

Yeah, it was an improvement on what was a poor May.

If things continue like this with more sunny clear days, this could turn out to be a decent summer, but maybe nothing that will be a stand out. 

All I ask for is another hot spell with some thunderstorms between now and late August.

1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just watching the cricket highlights from Edgaston today. It's July 1st. The crowd in big winter padded coats. Some of the England fielders in long sleeve jumpers to keep out the cold. What a laughable climate.  At lunch time today I popped to the shop and a blustery shower went over. It was 16c. At mid day. Only marginally warmer than a mild January day. 

Even here in London, it felt chilly and I was feeling cold just walking around in a t shirt. 

I should have known better then to leave my jacket at home lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Grey overcast day on the East coast, had some really heavy showers this aft with thunder and few CG strikes but at no point was it chilly, as you would expect ! t-shirt weather all day and into the evening it is still mild, imby of course!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

How accurate are the long range Met Office forecasts? Just looked at it and it's an impressive prediction of mainly high pressure the whole month once this begins next weekend, barring a small blip mid month. I would take that right now if i could lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

I can only say that 16c in a blustery shower is not in any way warm. But I am cold blooded ! Even the cricket commentators on radio 5 sports extra commented and I quote how 'cold' it was this afternoon. But the cricket is on at Birmingham not too far down the road from me so if it was 16c here it probably wasn't much better there either. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
14 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Grey overcast day on the East coast, had some really heavy showers this aft with thunder and few CG strikes but at no point was it chilly, as you would expect ! t-shirt weather all day and into the evening it is still mild, imby of course!

Just to add, i am not suggesting it is warm today because it ain't!! mid 20's for me with a nice breeze would be ideal but today on the East coast it wasn't chilly either!

Ps - Each to their own and all that BS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Here's a good one. Rugby Australia v England in Perth tomorrow. Deep mid winter there. Weather: sunny 19c. Dudley UK. High summer. Weather: rain for 3 hours followed by blustery showers and 18c.  

Perth is 31 degrees south of the equator though so it's about the same as Alexandria in Egypt which is 31 degrees north of it. Both places are relatively close to the equator and rarely chilly even in mid "winter". My sister's brother lived in Australia for 50 years and never saw a flake of snow in all that time until he passed on, he lived in Melbourne. Last time he saw any was when he was growing up in England. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

When you have to be out in it trudging around for a long time like I did today, yes. But that's not so common. Yesterday for example was hotter and didn't feel too bad.

Anyway, the odd bit of discomfort is a small price to pay for reliable summery conditions. You don't have to take it but I will!

Me too. The difference between Czech and UK summers is that the former actually gets one. Way too much of a lottery in the UK, constantly stressed if it’ll rain or be warm enough for camping, etc. Whilst I agree that  sweating isn’t overly pleasant for any length of time, it’s a normal bodily function and doesn’t mean you’re dying.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Currently 12°C, cloudy and fairly windy here. More like a mild winter/autumn night. At least it’s nice and cool for sleeping.

12 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

New month. Same old dreary autumnal rubbish. UK. Global warming free zone. Santa Claus must live in Murmansk and its 27c and sunny. Again. Yet again i'm staring at cloud wind gusts and rain. 17c. Utterly depressing.  High summer? What a joke.

Has been pretty grim this week even I have to admit, mostly cloudy and 16-19C with frequent showers here, only decent day has been Monday here. 

The past few days haven’t been very summerlike.

On 30/06/2022 at 20:37, damianslaw said:

Its been a poor June for NW quarter of the UK as a whole temp wise.

I don’t think it’s been a poor June for temperatures imo and it has been (until this week) quite dry here. Only disappoint has been (for me anyway) it’s been rather cloudy.

Seems like south-eastern UK has had a sunny and dry June. (Despite lots of moaning from southerners especially during the first half of the month). In complete contrast to last June when northern areas had a warm sunny June but southern areas were Cloudy and wet.

After a year off the usual NW/SE split is back in force it seems. I quite like being in the north-west during a heatwave and feel sorry for Londoners having to endure 30C heat but during a cool and showery set up I often prefer the weather in south-eastern areas and have even been envious of it in the past. Grass often greener on the other side as the saying goes.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Currently 12°C, cloudy and fairly windy here. More like a mild winter/autumn night. At least it’s nice and cool for sleeping.

Has been pretty grim this week even I have to admit, mostly cloudy and 16-19C with frequent showers here, only decent day has been Monday here. 

The past few days haven’t been very summerlike.

I don’t think it’s been a poor June for temperatures imo and it has been (until this week) quite dry here. Only disappoint has been (for me anyway) it’s been rather cloudy.

Seems like south-eastern UK has had a sunny and dry June. (Despite lots of moaning from southerners especially during the first half of the month). In complete contrast to last June when northern areas had a warm sunny June but southern areas were Cloudy and wet.

After a year off the usual NW/SE split is back in force it seems. I quite like being in the north-west during a heatwave and feel sorry for Londoners having to endure 30C heat but during a cool and showery set up I often prefer the weather in south-eastern areas and have even been envious of it in the past. Grass often greener on the other side as the saying goes.

I wouldn't day it has been a wet June. The thing that I have noticed more than anything is how cool it has been. The first two weeks never got above 20c. The last 8 or 9 days never got above 20c. There were about 6 days around the middle which in my book would be 'warm'. Only 1 really warm day. But not wet really.

• Like 1