Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
On 28/06/2022 at 00:13, East Lancs Rain said:

Bit over dramatic! Bet the temp was well into the teens. And you’re always at the pub lol.

Yes the last few months have been quite dry here. I’m not aware of any water shortages around my area though.

I think the pub industry would be on its knees if it weren’t for Mr Screamer. He’s keeping them afloat

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, BruenSryan said:

According to Meteociel, Magilligan in Londonderry has seen only 60.7 hours of sunshine to June 28th. Thomastown in Fermanagh not much better at all with 69.3 hours. That Magilligan total is otherworldly atrocious (Thomastown seems to be vulnerable to such dire sunshine so not a surprise there). I'm almost inclined not to believe it but reading your reports throughout the month, maybe I do!

Definitely a massive east-west split this month. We've just passed 225 hours which already makes it the 5th sunniest June in 42 years of records. 1989, 2003 and 2018 had 244, 230 and 241 hours so it wont be that far off that group by the end.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
11 minutes ago, reef said:

Definitely a massive east-west split this month. We've just passed 225 hours which already makes it the 5th sunniest June in 42 years of records. 1989, 2003 and 2018 had 244, 230 and 241 hours so it wont be that far off that group by the end.

Some difference!

157.7 hours here in Dublin to yesterday, somewhat cloudy. Unremarkably so, much like May.

March had 203.1 hours!

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, BruenSryan said:

According to Meteociel, Magilligan in Londonderry has seen only 60.7 hours of sunshine to June 28th. Thomastown in Fermanagh not much better at all with 69.3 hours. That Magilligan total is otherworldly atrocious (Thomastown seems to be vulnerable to such dire sunshine so not a surprise there). I'm almost inclined not to believe it but reading your reports throughout the month, maybe I do!

Believe it. The one good thing about Magilligan is the ferry to Muff!

• Like 2

Some gorgeous output later on during the GFS 12Z, mid to high 30’s. Perfect timing for a heatwave early to mid July. High ssts, near max insolation. Bring it on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another beauty of a day here, with very generous amounts of grey cloud and a whopping maximum of 19°C. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
21 hours ago, Alderc said:

Some gorgeous output later on during the GFS 12Z, mid to high 30’s. Perfect timing for a heatwave early to mid July. High ssts, near max insolation. Bring it on. 

One can only hope not....that output looks awful. Slowly counting the weeks off now till the end of Summer, can't come quick enough.

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Wow big difference in the forecast between here and London! And people say London’s weather is bad.

While Im liking the cooler temps what I’m not enjoying so much is the excessive cloud cover and showers that come with it. Only had one decent day this week here which was Monday, was a nice cool fresh and mostly sunny day. Tuesday was completely overcast and windy, yesterday mostly overcast with only very brief glimpses of the sun. I went for a walk late afternoon I Dhoni 10 minutes after I set off it came on raining heavily, had to shelter under a tree but the rain lasted for about 30 minutes so I got a bit wet.

I went for a walk late afternoon yesterday and 10 minutes after I set off it came on raining heavily, had to shelter under a tree but the rain lasted for about 30 minutes so I got a bit wet. Despite the temperature only being around 17° it’s actually felt quite warm due to the light winds and high humidity (around 75%).

Today has been rubbish as well, again mostly overcast with more showers my phone says it’s 19° doesn’t feel it though. 

I don’t seem to do very well in showery setups, it just ends up being mostly cloudy, wet, damp and cool while the east and south east gets sunnier, Warmer weather and fewer showers.

Would be very happy with low 20’s, dry, sunny, low humidity, my favourite conditions in summer.

I also walked through some woods yesterday I was expecting it to be dry underfoot because it has been quite dry this June, it actually was quite muddy. So no drought here and I won’t be listening to any water conservation advice if united utilities tell us we need to conserve water. Hmmm not if it’s raining everyday.

Hopefully some better weather next week.

1A702CAD-A2F6-4438-8182-C086485D690B.png

E9FBCAFE-D83A-4C38-AC31-489F9D6BD47D.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really enjoying some much needed rain, love it, feels fantastic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The definition of frustration =  trying to lay a patio, and  having the rain p...s ing down on you every 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

Posted

I reckon by the time Sunday is gone this area of low pressure will have been hanging around the UK like a pair of smelly festering underpants for 11 days. Yes. 11 days. Just across the north sea during the same time they have been enjoying something closely resembling a summer. Even today the extreme parts of northern Finland were up to 22c. Whilst here this afternoon reached a pulsating 16c in the thick grey cloud gusty wind a rain. Still. Everything pointing to summer finally visiting these shores from about next Wednesday onwards when the temperature might, heaven forbid, creep out of the teens.  And don't get me started on this Saturday. Oh what a massive surprise- a weather front crossing the country with bursts of heavy rain and 17c. Cant wait.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Here is hoping saturday is not as wet as being forecast, could be the wrong day to have 40 guests in the garden for a birthday BBQ, lol.

• Like 1

Posted
On 29/06/2022 at 15:10, mountain shadow said:

I'm intrigued to see what the June stats for Northern Ireland will be like, because as far as I'm concerned, it has been dreadful with only 3 days I would class as proper Summer. Tomorrow looks like a fitting end to diabolical June.

image.thumb.png.0d71416fcf8592028f73f14db830ed14.png

Its been a poor June for NW quarter of the UK as a whole temp wise.

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Another beauty of a day here, with very generous amounts of grey cloud and a whopping maximum of 19°C. 

Would make for a nice refreshing walk! 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Good news for the heat haters club. I reckon round here out of 91 days since 1st April, 83 of them have been below 21c. And 21c is not even hot. 

Plenty of time for hot weather.  Those 91 days could well be forgotten by the end of September.....

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

image.thumb.png.dd6ae31de669f61f850f63d8ace03210.png

ensemble member showing 40C.. but still below 20C in Lancaster (and further north/west) 

Yeah, I know where I would rather be if that chart came off!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Don said:

Would make for a nice refreshing walk! 

Good for a nice run, granted. Crap for sitting out though. It should be warmer than this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Good for a nice run, granted. Crap for sitting out though. It should be warmer than this. 

Ran 5k this morning doing a couple of laps around the hotel, granted the sun wasn’t out but amazing how quickly you acclimatise, was 27C with a 25C dew point, didn’t even start sweating until almost 2k. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Ran 5k this morning doing a couple of laps around the hotel, granted the sun wasn’t out but amazing how quickly you acclimatise, was 27C with a 25C dew point, didn’t even start sweating until almost 2k. 

Yes, acclimatisation does happen quite quickly. The UK climate doesn’t stay warm long enough for this to happen, usually. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

June 2022 comes in 4th place (since 2007) for Heathrow, for amount of sunshine with a very respectable 212.2 hours. Overall I would say a very decent month for the South East. My one complaint is that most of the best days were when I was stuck at work!! Lol.

Screenshot_20220701-073250_Sheets.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
7 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, acclimatisation does happen quite quickly. The UK climate doesn’t stay warm long enough for this to happen, usually. 

Yes.....we just just acclimatise to the nothingness of 5-15c that we get for the bulk of the year. Neither hot nor cold. Beige.

• Like 4

Posted

New month. Same old dreary autumnal rubbish. UK. Global warming free zone. Santa Claus must live in Murmansk and its 27c and sunny. Again. Yet again i'm staring at cloud wind gusts and rain. 17c. Utterly depressing.  High summer? What a joke.

• Like 3