Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Don't know what the Met Office were smoking when they did their morning update for Southend. They now have almost totally sunny skies from sunrise to sunset when in reality, there are clouds up there the size of Texas along with a full day's worth of cloud approaching on the satellite Truly shockingly inaccurate forecast lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Miserable morning. Thank gawd I moved garden party to tomorrow.

Not being able to simply arrange an outdoor event at this time of year is a marker of a shoddy summer...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Front looks like it's stalled over this part of Worcestershire.  Nice gentle rain for the garden and veg plots. It seems it's never right. Poor old Weather, it's either to dry, too wet . It can't please the British

• Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Grey overcast day on the East coast, had some really heavy showers this aft with thunder and few CG strikes but at no point was it chilly, as you would expect ! t-shirt weather all day and into the evening it is still mild, imby of course!

It’s not felt warm in that wind where I was.

Posted
9 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Currently 12°C, cloudy and fairly windy here. More like a mild winter/autumn night. At least it’s nice and cool for sleeping.

Has been pretty grim this week even I have to admit, mostly cloudy and 16-19C with frequent showers here, only decent day has been Monday here. 

The past few days haven’t been very summerlike.

I don’t think it’s been a poor June for temperatures imo and it has been (until this week) quite dry here. Only disappoint has been (for me anyway) it’s been rather cloudy.

Seems like south-eastern UK has had a sunny and dry June. (Despite lots of moaning from southerners especially during the first half of the month). In complete contrast to last June when northern areas had a warm sunny June but southern areas were Cloudy and wet.

After a year off the usual NW/SE split is back in force it seems. I quite like being in the north-west during a heatwave and feel sorry for Londoners having to endure 30C heat but during a cool and showery set up I often prefer the weather in south-eastern areas and have even been envious of it in the past. Grass often greener on the other side as the saying goes.

The first half of June 2021 was sunny warm and hot for a few days, but the second half was cool and cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
16 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Raining again in the land of eternal Autumn.

No, WE’RE the land of perpetual autumn!

• Like 3

Posted

5th Saturday in a row with rainfall. Rubbish temperatures. Still waiting for a weekend that even vaguely resembles 'summer'. Just relentless autumnal garbage. I'm actually sick of it now. 10 consecutive days of blustery showers wind cloud and sub average temeratures. Garbage.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Another very good Summers day, stronger breeze so it could actually be a bit warmer and i wouldn't mind!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
17 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

5th Saturday in a row with rainfall. Rubbish temperatures. Still waiting for a weekend that even vaguely resembles 'summer'. Just relentless autumnal garbage. I'm actually sick of it now. 10 consecutive days of blustery showers wind cloud and sub average temeratures. Garbage.

Indeed. We’re going to need at least ten days of summery conditions just to even out the last ten days!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The front has stalled, so computer models have got this wrong. Cold and wet so far today, with rain on and off, and about 13c/55f so pretty appalling for this time of year. Good for the gardens. Actually at my location we have had above average rainfall for June 69mms/3inches so not grumbling. For those wanting rain ,it will come and you ll wished you never wished for lots of rain...

• Like 4

Posted
56 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

No, WE’RE the land of perpetual autumn!

Only had three proper Summer days this 'Summer' so far. How many have you had?

Pelting down again as I type.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I wouldn't day it has been a wet June. The thing that I have noticed more than anything is how cool it has been. The first two weeks never got above 20c. The last 8 or 9 days never got above 20c. There were about 6 days around the middle which in my book would be 'warm'. Only 1 really warm day. But not wet really.

I don’t mind the coolness. In fact I don’t like it too warm. I just wish there was less cloud. Living close to the Pennines doesn’t help though. Seems to attract the clouds like a magnet.

21 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

33C outside, 28C inside. Just had a cold shower after walking home and I'm sweating again already!

Yeah that’s why I hate the heat. Currently 16°C outside here and 19.5°C in the lounge.

17 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not that long to go and we'll lose the lingering twilight by the end of the month across the southern slice of Northern England, just a few more weeks to get through and then Autumn slowly approaching 

I quite like the long days, just don’t like the heat. So this summer has been quite good for me so far. Just want more clear skies so we can actually take full advantage of the long days. When it’s overcast it’s pretty much fully dark by 10:30 pm.

17 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

In Lancaster only maybe 5 days this year have reached 20C. All but one were not properly sunny because we were on the edge of the warm airmass, for example that brief plume when Exeter reached 32C (not far from the record) but Lancaster had dropped to 16C by the afternoon. The exception was last Thursday which reached 24-25C up here and was a lovely sunny day, but then by evening it poured with rain so was still no good if anyone wanted a BBQ. 

There have been a few nice days in the high teens, but other than that, a lot less nice or 'pleasant to sit outside' days than down south.

Supposedly the average maxima here is only 2C lower here than back home in Devon, but it often feels more like 5-10C this year.

Quite a lot of rain recently (just started raining again), and no sign of any yellow grass around here. I wanted to go to the Scottish highlands but no hint of a break in poor weather up there. 

Feels like a different world up here. People moaning from the south have increasingly less sympathy from me 

I don’t know if you were up north last summer but roles were reversed. The south was cool, cloudy and damp but Northern England and Scotland had a warm, dry and sunny summer. Southerners holidaying in Scotland actually had better weather when they were in Scotland! Seems the usual North/South split is back in full force this year (although it’s been a better June than 2019 and 2020 here, but not as good as 2018 or 2021).

17 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just watching the cricket highlights from Edgaston today. It's July 1st. The crowd in big winter padded coats. Some of the England fielders in long sleeve jumpers to keep out the cold. What a laughable climate.  At lunch time today I popped to the shop and a blustery shower went over. It was 16c. At mid day. Only marginally warmer than a mild January day. 

16°C isn’t cold enough for thick winter coats imo. It’s only slightly below room temp. When my living room is 19°C I at most only need a hoodie/jumper. A jumper and a light jacket is ample for that temp.

1 hour ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Front looks like it's stalled over this part of Worcestershire.  Nice gentle rain for the garden and veg plots. It seems it's never right. Poor old Weather, it's either to dry, too wet . It can't please the British

True. Too hot, too cold, too sunny, too wet, too dry, too cloudy, too humid, not humid enough.... Were never happy!

46 minutes ago, markyo said:

Another very good Summers day, stronger breeze so it could actually be a bit warmer and i wouldn't mind!

It’s not too bad I suppose. Sunny intervals, 16°C, breezy. Feels very fresh.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Well what a lovely treat of grey gloom and endless cloud have to agree with other members about the weekends being s**t for about 5 weeks or so now roll on this azores high to come in by next weekend I'm really desperate for some cloudless sunny skies and warm temps although with the position of the high I have a feeling that cloud amounts are going to be a issue I'm hoping it veers more to the east and really draws up that continental airmass along with the clear skies bring on summer ☀️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

It was a grey morning on the Wolds with the odd light shower, now a lovely warm sunny afternoon with a bit of broken cloud, although a tad breezy, perfect for a bit of outdoor painting!

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Row w said:

Well what a lovely treat of grey gloom and endless cloud have to agree with other members about the weekends being s**t for about 5 weeks or so now roll on this azores high to come in by next weekend I'm really desperate for some cloudless sunny skies and warm temps although with the position of the high I have a feeling that cloud amounts are going to be a issue I'm hoping it veers more to the east and really draws up that continental airmass along with the clear skies bring on summer ☀️

Don't worry. Something rubbish will happen by about 6pm next Friday. A vicious low pressure system which originated in a rock pool off a remote island of Borneo will head straight for the UK (like they always do) and take up residence over Telford just in time for Saturday. Having travelled from Borneo to Telford in about 7 hours it will them wallow about around the UK for 14 days before finally moving off to northern Lapland where it will be subsumed by the ongoing 6 week heatwave and 35c temps. Probably.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

It was a grey morning on the Wolds with the odd light shower, now a lovely warm sunny afternoon with a bit of broken cloud, although a tad breezy, perfect for a bit of outdoor painting!

A nice bit of dry, sunny weather will do me just fine W.T , I've been driven to distraction at work this week.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Don't worry. Something rubbish will happen by about 6pm next Friday. A vicious low pressure system which originated in a rock pool off a remote island of Borneo will head straight for the UK (like they always do) and take up residence over Telford just in time for Saturday. Having travelled from Borneo to Telford in about 7 hours it will them wallow about around the UK for 14 days before finally moving off to northern Lapland where it will be subsumed by the ongoing 6 week heatwave and 35c temps. Probably.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, 78/79 said:

A nice bit of dry, sunny weather will do me just fine W.T , I've been driven to distraction at work this week.

For you guys working outside this past weeks type of weather must be a pain in the A5$£, i took last mon/tues off to fit new windows in my little workshop, took twice as long dodging the showers, speaking of which... i best get on with the painting before it rains again

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

I am totally fed up with the howling wind we seem to have to endure, whatever the weather.  Sunny - it's windy, cloudy - it's windy, raining - it's windy.  Every single day this week has been the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
52 minutes ago, Row w said:

I'm hoping it veers more to the east and really draws up that continental airmass

Each to their own i suppose, but from the temps currently in Europe that would be very uncomfortable for many.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Each to their own i suppose, but from the temps currently in Europe that would be very uncomfortable for many.

Yep. A bit like autumnal temperatures in July are uncomfortable for many. Like me. No word of a lie. When the weather gets stuck in this cold rubbish in the height of 'summer' it really does make me feel quite depressed.  I like sunshine. I like warmth. When i walk around on 1st July in blustery showers and 16c it does get me down. Blimey. We have 8 months a year of 8c/15c. When we get it in summer it is just horrendous. Sick of wearing jumpers and coats. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Agreed! It's a mostly sunny, if somewhat breezy, day over here: 22-23C here now. What's not to like?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Agreed! It's a mostly sunny, if somewhat breezy, day over here: 22-23C here now. What's not to like?

Same. Warm, sunny summers day here with 21/22°c. Rain band looks like it’s fragmenting as it pushes east so very little likely to arrive later.