Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted

Much cooler and fresher after the much needed rain had passed through. For the first time in weeks, it’s actually felt comfortable to sleep at night. Long may it continue and god forbid another heatwave. That rubbish can stay away until next summer (or preferably never return) thank you very much. 

• Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, JR319 said:

Much cooler and fresher after the much needed rain had passed through. For the first time in weeks, it’s actually felt comfortable to sleep at night. Long may it continue and god forbid another heatwave. That rubbish can stay away until next summer (or preferably never return) thank you very much. 

Ge wizz, wasnt that bad to be honest. I was lucky to see the Hot beautiful summer of 1976. Loved it and still love hot Summers as they bring on very snowy winters. I topped my tan up anyway as im of to Cyprus for 11 days next month. Coming back then of to ireland for 2 days then of to the Caribbean on a cruise for 17 days. Love the heat. Raining here now lighly but no thundery weather at all. 

Posted

It's funny how the common argument in the MOD thread is, "You're wrong, this is what's going to happen." "No, you're wrong and just typing what you want to happen." And so on and so forth.

It's weather! You're all wrong and all right until it actually happens!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
22 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

It's funny how the common argument in the MOD thread is, "You're wrong, this is what's going to happen." "No, you're wrong and just typing what you want to happen." And so on and so forth.

It's weather! You're all wrong and all right until it actually happens!

Just been thinking that myself reading today's posts. 

I usually keep open minded about any weather beyond 5 days. 

I think some want and think the dry weather will go on forever, especially those that have still seen very little rain. 

All droughts come to an end, I still think we'll end up with too much rain at some point during autumn. 

Just a guess being more than 5 days away. 😁

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

I forgot how quiet this forum becomes at the end of Summer/beginning of Autumn. Not much for the heat lovers to chase and nothing on the horizon for the coldies. 😔

There's still time for heat lovers to chase!

Posted
28 minutes ago, Don said:

There's still time for heat lovers to chase!

Of course there is. Not much chasing going on at the moment though. The MOD thread's deader than Posh Spices music career.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 17/08/2022 at 01:45, Afrayedknot said:

Ge wizz, wasnt that bad to be honest. I was lucky to see the Hot beautiful summer of 1976. Loved it and still love hot Summers as they bring on very snowy winters. I topped my tan up anyway as im of to Cyprus for 11 days next month. Coming back then of to ireland for 2 days then of to the Caribbean on a cruise for 17 days. Love the heat. Raining here now lighly but no thundery weather at all. 

Well someone’s got money... You’re very lucky to be able to afford that these days, given the current cost of living crisis!

Anyway, guess who’s going off on holiday to Scarborough tomorrow, the same day the weather turns unsettled...

Oh well, at least it’s going to be quite warm. Warm rain is better than cold rain.. Unlucky given the very dry summer. Usually August is unsettled and it dries up as soon as the schools go back, looks like it’s the opposite way round this year.