Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 13/07/2022 at 11:21, Stabilo19 said:

Living in London I think i'm becoming desensitized to hot weather because next week doesn't look much worse than what we've experienced before.

In August 2020 it was 36, 32, 33, 35, 35, 34 consecutively, and we hit 37 a few weeks prior. And of course we hit 38 in July 2019. 🔥

The upcoming 2-day event looks impactful for the widespread nature of the heat and the vulnerable will sadly suffer, but most Londoners will be ok if current forecasts come off IMO. 

Yeah Londoners are used to heat but up north not so much. Most summers (thankfully) don’t even reach 30°C here. A typical hot spell up here is 25-30°C, yet it’s forecast to reach 35°C here on both Monday and Tuesday, with a feels like temp of 38°C! 🥵😱😣 It’s absolutely mad, I’ve never seen a forecast as hot as that before for here. Even Bournemouth isn’t forecast to be as hot as here. Highest temperature I ever recorded was 33°C on 25th July 2019 so if the forecasts are right it will be the hottest day here for a very, very, very long time.

London is forecast to hit 40°C, but with only 16% humidity in the shade it actually might be somewhat bearable. Here it will be mid 30’s but with higher humidity (around 30%).

On 14/07/2022 at 18:29, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Will be nice when the warmth gets here. Just experienced the breezy chill under the clouds. Glad I put my light jacket on. 

On 14/07/2022 at 19:58, NEVES SCREAMER said:

20c here. Breezy. Cool in the cloud cover. Still. A heatwave compared to January 14th.

On 14/07/2022 at 23:54, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oooh I thought it was just me. I felt cooler today. Especially after 4pm. I put my jumper and trousers back on. Brrr. That wind is horrible!

You lot are really soft when it comes to cold or even slightly cool weather but I am quite soft when it comes to warmth and heat, wearing shorts as soon as it gets to 17°C and feeling too hot when it goes above 23°C.

D3A27167-D191-4B51-BFF0-55EDBF1F0C42.png

AA975A15-6E8B-451A-9B1C-4DF030778478.png

A4975752-AE08-4CB9-B56A-3A53BFF0FDFD.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Some high level muck come floating over from around mid morning turned the sun very hazy hoping this is going to clear by the afternoon yesterday was lovely, i'll deffo peg temps back a degree or too if this sticks around much longer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
25 minutes ago, Row w said:

Some high level muck come floating over from around mid morning turned the sun very hazy hoping this is going to clear by the afternoon yesterday was lovely, i'll deffo peg temps back a degree or too if this sticks around much longer

Always happens. Does my head in 

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yeah Londoners are used to heat but up north not so much. Most summers (thankfully) don’t even reach 30°C here. A typical hot spell up here is 25-30°C, yet it’s forecast to reach 35°C here on both Monday and Tuesday, with a feels like temp of 38°C! 🥵😱😣 It’s absolutely mad, I’ve never seen a forecast as hot as that before for here. Even Bournemouth isn’t forecast to be as hot as here. Highest temperature I ever recorded was 33°C on 25th July 2019 so if the forecasts are right it will be the hottest day here for a very, very, very long time.

London is forecast to hit 40°C, but with only 16% humidity in the shade it actually might be somewhat bearable. Here it will be mid 30’s but with higher humidity (around 30%).

You lot are really soft when it comes to cold or even slightly cool weather but I am quite soft when it comes to warmth and heat, wearing shorts as soon as it gets to 17°C and feeling too hot when it goes above 23°C.

D3A27167-D191-4B51-BFF0-55EDBF1F0C42.png

AA975A15-6E8B-451A-9B1C-4DF030778478.png

A4975752-AE08-4CB9-B56A-3A53BFF0FDFD.png

This current spell of hot weather doesn’t really bother me.

I’m glad we are having more sunny hot days compared to the shambles of a summer 2021, where it was day after day of dull cloud. That was depressing. 

It will be cool again soon, once we get past mid September, so for now I will just embrace the heat.

I fully understand it’s very difficult for those who have underlying health concerns, but people need to just take precautions and stay hydrated and out of the strong sunshine. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

12C291A1-C509-4EEF-82F0-1354D136F5C5.thumb.jpeg.4d8af61e331eed5c96bca5e4e3fbf996.jpeg

Going off the bbc forecast this morning you’d think we were all in for a crystal clear day…reality is way more cloud, especially in central areas. Even here it’s pretty cloudy now. Mostly high but enough of it to stop the sunshine. Annoying more than anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 hours ago, Row w said:

8 hours ago, mb018538 said:

12C291A1-C509-4EEF-82F0-1354D136F5C5.thumb.jpeg.4d8af61e331eed5c96bca5e4e3fbf996.jpeg

Going off the bbc forecast this morning you’d think we were all in for a crystal clear day…reality is way more cloud, especially in central areas. Even here it’s pretty cloudy now. Mostly high but enough of it to stop the sunshine. Annoying more than anything.

That’s good though because it will help to limit temps. Can’t believe you lot are still moaning when it’s 30°C! You’re never happy! 😆🤪 Might as well just move to Ibiza.

9 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

This current spell of hot weather doesn’t really bother me.

I’m glad we are having more sunny hot days compared to the shambles of a summer 2021, where it was day after day of dull cloud. That was depressing. 

It will be cool again soon, once we get past mid September, so for now I will just embrace the heat.

I fully understand it’s very difficult for those who have underlying health concerns, but people need to just take precautions and stay hydrated and out of the strong sunshine. 

Surprised there aren’t any people moaning about the heat on here given it’s the moans thread. Guess they are all on the heat haters thread.

Summer 2021 was the ideal summer for me. Lots of dry, sunny weather, and temps in the hi teens/lo 20’s most days. Not too hot and not too cold.

I will be spending the next couple of days in my bedroom in my boxers with the fan on (and my portable air cooler I bought off amazon for £30). Bought a couple of magnums as well.

Cant wait till Wednesday when it will be back down to a comfortable 18°C here.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, JR319 said:

Absolutely cannot wait for the Atlantic to push through to get rid of this awful weather. We need the rain, too. 

No, I don’t miss the Atlantic. 

Will there be a decent thunderstorm out of this?

• Like 4

Posted

An exceptionally hot day here for this far north. Not the 40C reached in the south but my phone said 37C at one point.. Put a thermometer outside and it said 35C (about 95F). So I think 35C was the maximum here. Which is still really, really hot.

Sat in the sun for about 10 mins in just a pair of shorts before heading back inside. Felt like an oven even in the shade. Don’t know how people manage to sunbathe for hours when it’s this hot - I much prefer 15-22°C for sunbathing. Nor do I get why people enjoy these ridiculously high temperatures when 20-22°C and sunshine is pleasant enough for most people to enjoy.

Us heat haters have had to endure this exceptional heat for the benefit of heat lovers. We will remember this day for a very long time - unless, god forbid, we get even hotter weather in future summers.

There should be no more moaning in here about it being too cool or not sunny enough after we’ve had this extraordinary heatwave. The heat lovers have been absolutely spoilt rotten with this extreme heat, not to mention all of the exceptional heat we’ve had most summers since 2015.

I don’t care if it pours down for the rest of the summer - two days of extreme heat is quite enough. We really need the rain anyway. I am hoping for a cool and wet August. Let’s hope next summer is much more mediocre - I miss the more average summers of 2008-2011.

Lovely sunset here btw. My cats were sensibly keeping cool in the shade.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow - 21°C cloud and drizzle. Finally some normality! 😃 House is so warm tonight, probably not gonna get much sleep. 26°C in the living room, and probably warmer in my bedroom.

6B9FA1A2-FBE6-411A-BADB-A6942AFB7E80.jpeg

3C84BF40-7451-4DB0-89D2-77D7CF93DF85.jpeg

BAD34528-93A1-46A0-9F77-7145912DACE2.jpeg

C5FC8DB7-3B74-45AF-9F7D-FEB9ED0B3A31.jpeg

617F2BDC-C868-43EC-929C-02F006D25092.png

• Like 1

Posted
On 18/07/2022 at 16:38, Sunny76 said:

No, I don’t miss the Atlantic. 

Will there be a decent thunderstorm out of this?

Sadly not I don’t think for most areas. Often the case with heat waves these days. Which is so frustrating. Because it used to be if you hated heat you could at least look forward to a cracking thunderstorm.

but since 2015 the heat waves have tended to be less thundery. Gone are the days of three hot days and a thunderstorm. Instead you get one or two extremely hot days but little to no thunder. It’s like a double kick in the balls for heat haters.

Actually the lack of thunderstorms pees me off more than the extreme heat. Especially as so often the weather apps forecast thunderstorms but then it will disappear just before. Same thing has happened now, thunderstorm symbols disappeared from the forecast.

• Thanks 1

Posted

I'm cold ... 15c drop on yesterday! 21c is not my temperature ... Can we add another 4 on please? BBC said it was going to be 25! They lied!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I can't say I mind it being cooler, was awful working yesterday and Monday and we were at 29/30c down here, having to serve and deal with grumpy people in their summer gear, it was even worse on the ward when wearing masks, drained wouldn't cut it by the time I finished last night....Really have to have the patience of a saint with some of the general public these days who forget their manners!....I think sun with temperatures of 25c suit me just fine, hopefully thats what it's like for my week off next week 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Well the temperature might have dropped but humidity has shot up, so its far more uncomfortable compared to the last couple of days, and its naff grey skies to just add to the general crapness.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm cold ... 15c drop on yesterday! 21c is not my temperature ... Can we add another 4 on please? BBC said it was going to be 25! They lied!

That's what I used to say as a kid when they forecast snow and it never materialised!  However, thinking about it, I think it was more a case they didn't take into account the snow dome I was living in! 🤣

I'm enjoying this much fresher weather and looking forward to a better night's sleep.  However, it's a tad breezy!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Don said:

That's what I used to say as a kid when they forecast snow and it never materialised!  However, thinking about it, I think it was more a case they didn't take into account the snow dome I was living in! 🤣

I'm enjoying this much fresher weather and looking forward to a better night's sleep.  However, it's a tad breezy!

Never 'appy us lot are we lol! Yea the breeze is what makes it feel colder. Allegedly 22 outside ...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Never 'appy us lot are we lol! Yea the breeze is what makes it feel colder. Allegedly 22 outside ...

No we're not lol! 

At the breeze has died down now, so can have the windows open without things flying off the window sills! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Really enjoyed July up to this point but for the final third of the month, it does looks like being warm but with about 90-95% cloud cover. Only potentially sunny day in view is Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Muy Caliente, Muy Soleado

Definitely in a the typically British phase of summer since the heatwave up north. Cloudy but dry Wed and Thur with Fri and Sat being pretty wet.

More rain forecast for today and tommorow also. We seem to be getting 3-4 day weather patterns so far this summer. Was hoping for something a bit more sustained (in terms of decent weather) in August but its August in the North of England.

I would definetly sacrifice 3 days over 30c for 10 days of sun at 23-25c if I had the choice. The record breaking temps where great but I would have preferred a month similar to June of last year.

The upcoming week gets progressively better so I suppose there's something to look forward to in the shorter term.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

You can’t win in this country. This time last week it was sooo hot. Would have loved a bit of a cool breeze. Today it’s sunny spells and windy. Feeling too cold now. The weather changes so quickly here. No doubt France and Spain are still in their heatwave. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

So despite all the wrong charts lately; a crap weekend here, rain cancelled my bike ride which was for transport purposes not exercise or recreation specifically. 😡

• Like 1

Posted

Right I’m going to have a moan.  While I’m grateful for the cooler weather, since the heat wave every single day has been cloudy here. Barely any sun at all. About 99% cloud cover. This summer has been fairly dry here but it’s been so cloudy. June wasn’t too bad but July has been so dull, especially the past week.  Just cloud, cloud and more flaming cloud! ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️ Like what the south had last year.

other than a two day heat wave it’s been a very forgettable summer here.

Forecast doesn’t look very inspiring either.

2E8AD062-6390-44F4-842E-2F846011A677.png

06EE7977-5D12-4729-A4DD-285B8D6B2DCE.png

I have no issues with the temps I just want some flaming sun! ☀️😫

This thread has been quite quiet recently for some reason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
_126090849_976x1.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Meteorologists from the BBC and elsewhere faced abuse as they reported on the UK's record heat.

It would appear IQ's seem to have dropped this year. 

• Like 2