Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
2 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Well it was perfect until about 3pm when a weird bank of high cloud suddenly drifted in spoiling the sunny day. We were at 29c but the temp gone back to 28c due to the cloud. Sun making the occasional burst. Not gonna complain after the summer so far which has really been a couple of warm days here and there interspersed with sub 20c temps most of the time. Naturally in the pub beer garden. Making the most of it.

Do you work at all? It seems like you have a lot of time to be sipping beers in the garden.

Sounds like heaven in summer.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

That doesn’t work if the flat is cold and damp. This is why the cold in this country is just as bad, if not worse than a few weeks of very hot weather in summer. 

I’m loving it, and long may it continue.

The only downside I have is no outdoor space, so I’m sitting in my studio flat feeling quite hot.

But, I’ll take that over cold and damp conditions any day.

We have the fan on right now.

Fair play. Make hay whilst the sun shines ! Eight months of cold dreary rubbish due from October. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Do you work at all? It seems like you have a lot of time to be sipping beers in the garden.

Sounds like heaven in summer.

Yeah i do work but not on a Monday. Part time . My elderly parents are 91/92 and they need a lot of attention with hospitals/doctors etc. Me and my sister work it out between ourselves on how to manage them. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Fair play. Make hay whilst the sun shines ! Eight months of cold dreary rubbish due from October. 

I would say the marker is from mid September is some years. Even when the weather is still warm, the nights and mornings start to get chilly. 

From October until early April, it’s either cold or chilly. Some years, it’s even mid May before we feel properly warm enough to stop using the heating. I say this even as someone who lives in London.

Going to have some strawberries with vanilla whipped cream, then in about half hour I’ll be sipping a nice cold bottle from the fridge. It’s summer and let’s enjoy it. 

2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah i do work but not on a Monday. Part time . My elderly parents are 91/92 and they need a lot of attention with hospitals/doctors etc. Me and my sister work it out between ourselves on how to manage them. 

Sorry to hear to that mate. Must be tough having to deal with that.

At least you have a very supportive sister to lend a hand.

Makes me think about how I will deal with that when the time arrives. My mum is still fairly young at 68. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Um anyone spot the difference? It’s rather large. shocking!

1B4BBA12-1249-4084-B749-9D787C09842E.thumb.png.d55b418a441b4cd8291c9865ed117941.png3D792740-80CD-445A-B6E3-50973BA4F52C.thumb.png.25a9b51708a96512fd5b08a8f535e1a5.png

Definitely a lot more rain around than forecast further north and west. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

If you were under that 'rain' you'd find out most of it does not see the ground!!!

MetO radar showing some heavy bursts here over the past hours and we saw spots!

EDIT: I don't know what our cloud base is but most of the air traffic is under it so that is a lot of air to fall through for any raindrop!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Been raining  very lightly here for about 2 hours temperatures way down from yesterday’s . Actually got a bit heavier here now 

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted
On 11/07/2022 at 08:32, Azazel said:

Nobody on here wants anyone to die or suffer as a result of the weather, but being interested in severe weather, we are always going to have that "itch" to see/experience unusual weather should it occur.

You can guarantee if it were Winter and charts were showing either -5c  and snow or -15c and blizzards, those interested in the cold would be ramping and hoping the more extreme solution would come off (despite the danger to life and infrastructure those conditions would cause) and that's okay.

Even I would be interested to see the more extreme scenario come to fruition and I HATE the cold.

It's the same with thunderstorms, windstorms - any form of weather. I doubt we would be here if we had an interest in completely benign/safe weather.

Well Said

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Today is a real fail. No way we going to see 33C now. 

Probably not, but it has reached 31°C in London

Posted

To be honest with you, regardless of whether it reaches 35c or above, once it gets to 30c, London is very hot already. 

The humidity today is quite uncomfortable, especially while walking round, but I took sanctuary in Hyde Park, and chilled out for 15 minutes.

It beats wearing a suit in this heat. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Try working in it in buildings with no air con and windows that only open 2 inches and you really have to feel for the medical nhs staff still having to wear masks on wards because they've reintroduced masks, it's absolutely lunacy! Those making up the rules are sat in their air conditioned offices not having to do 13 hour shifts wearing them!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Living in London I think i'm becoming desensitized to hot weather because next week doesn't look much worse than what we've experienced before.

In August 2020 it was 36, 32, 33, 35, 35, 34 consecutively, and we hit 37 a few weeks prior. And of course we hit 38 in July 2019. 🔥

The upcoming 2-day event looks impactful for the widespread nature of the heat and the vulnerable will sadly suffer, but most Londoners will be ok if current forecasts come off IMO. 

• Like 3

Posted
22 hours ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Try working in it in buildings with no air con and windows that only open 2 inches and you really have to feel for the medical nhs staff still having to wear masks on wards because they've reintroduced masks, it's absolutely lunacy! Those making up the rules are sat in their air conditioned offices not having to do 13 hour shifts wearing them!

Yes I feel for you, and do sympathise with those who have to work in difficult conditions, and long hours for very little money. 

I take my hat off to folk who work in the emergency services, as I honestly don’t think  I would be cut out for that type of work.

Corporate security had long hours, but I didn’t have to work in trying conditions. 

Do you get more refreshment breaks during this hot weather?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Will be nice when the warmth gets here. Just experienced the breezy chill under the clouds. Glad I put my light jacket on. 

I was feeling cooler walking round in my shorts today, but it’s still warm enough to warrant wearing them. Plus, using the Central Line is very uncomfortable while daytime maxes are higher than 24c.

Edited by Sunny76

Posted
26 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I was feeling cooler walking round in my shorts today, but it’s still warm enough to warrant wearing them. Plus, using the Central Line is very uncomfortable while daytime maxes are higher than 24c.

20c here. Breezy. Cool in the cloud cover. Still. A heatwave compared to January 14th.

• Like 1

Posted

Oooh I thought it was just me. I felt cooler today. Especially after 4pm. I put my jumper and trousers back on. Brrr. That wind is horrible!

Posted
33 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oooh I thought it was just me. I felt cooler today. Especially after 4pm. I put my jumper and trousers back on. Brrr. That wind is horrible!

I'm making the most of the more refreshing weather.  Certainly preferable to next week!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Really been enjoying this summer so far, only downside is those thick clouds love turning up between 2 and 3 here on a regular basis to eliminate the sunshine!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

I strongly feel that if any late "downgrades" of this heatwave are/do occur (though very hot weather is nailed) - it should be celebrated with relief and not be moaned at

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

I strongly feel that if any late "downgrades" of this heatwave are/do occur (though very hot weather is nailed) - it should be celebrated with relief and not be moaned at

'upgrades' I say on tonights models, with perhaps a less hot Tues! maybe if trend continues may get away with just around 30/31 degrees

love summer but not temps way over 30 degrees, want it between 23-29 or so