Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
8 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Wish it was the same for here. Bbc weather app forecasting 25°C for Thursday and iPhone weather app forecasting 27°C!

8243EF8F-C8A9-4104-8A3D-4C42CBEC5CA4.thumb.png.14a15a1c4b8b16969d6d174a6b61dcc6.png534DDC9C-B668-4E92-9CDD-5BBCB8022BB6.thumb.png.ee61bfd07f584a4f6020e67bfae989b9.png

Luckily only for a day before turning cooler and fresher by the weekend.

What is it they’re actually striking about though? Poor working conditions? Or just pay? Because from what I’ve heard it’s a pretty good job with good holidays, good pensions and high salary. No not sure what they’re moaning about.. A lot of people moaning on Jeremy vine show on radio 2 today. Not surprising considering the mass distribution it has caused.

Hopefully it’s just a few days and it doesn’t go on and on, I’m going on holiday to Scarborough in first week of September, and I’ll be going by train (I don’t drive), hopefully everything resolved by then.

I’ll have a moan! Lovely blue skies today, much less aeroplane mess in the sky than yesterday but the warm day combined with the evening sun coming through my NW facing bedroom made it feel very warm.

According to my phone it reached 23°C today here, only 13°C now but once the warmth is inside it takes a long time to get rid of it, bedroom window wide open and still feels warm.

Luckily, today is the longest day which means that from now on the sun will gradually get weaker and it’ll start getting dark earlier, so warm days won’t be as much as an issue.

After getting a bit of a belly in winter I can definitely notice the difference, I’d say now about 20°C is my max comfort level if it’s sunny or about 23°C if it’s cloudy. The advantage though is that I feel less cold in winter and can wear shorts and t-shirts in cooler conditions than I could previously. Not single digit temps like some but mid teens I’d be okay. All that extra belly fat is great for insulating the body. Like having built in central heating. Like a well insulated house, it’s great in winter, spring or autumn but really warm in summer.

So my controversial advice to anyone who is fed up of feeling cold in summer - gain weight! You’ll feel warmer.. About a degree for every stone I’d say.

And the opposite for people who are too hot... Losing a stone or two could make the summer a lot more bearable.

Defintely interesting though how we don’t all feel temperature the same - although life would be easier if we did!

In answer to what they are striking about? No pay rise for 3 years. Rising cost of living. 3000 job cuts ? Any way. Conscious this is a weather moans site so won't keep banging on about it. Anyway. Lovely morning here now. Beautiful blues skies. Could be a stonker today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

For me, this week has been the sweet spot for perfect summer weather, combined with the longest daylight hours.

If it stays within the 23-27c bracket with some light breeze and plenty of clear skies, I'll be happy.

44 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Beautiful cloudless blue sky which I will have to depart from for work in a few hours

Don't worry mate, when we do get a nice sunny weekend again, the contrails will be back to put a smile on our face lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful few days of sunny skies and warm, but not uncomfortable temperatures. Long may it continue, nice and seasonal

• Like 1

Posted

Poor few days with 100% cloud and cool temps, hope it doesn't continue into July, autumnal.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

A nice day here too. Currently about 19°C, high forecast to be 22°C. London is currently 24°C but humidity is very low at 36%, so probably not feeling too hot out of the sun. Penzance is currently 21°C but with 60% humidity. Often higher humidity by the coast. One thing I’ve noticed about London is that humidity is often low into the 30’s, despite not being that far away from the sea. So more of a dry heat. Round here it doesn’t often drop below  50%.

The ideal summer climate for me would probably be on somewhere on the east coast, average temps in the high teens, but not too cloudy or too wet, as they’re protected somewhat from the rain-bearing westerlies.

Or Eureka in California. 17-18°C highs in summer but with plenty of sun and barely a drop of rain. Instead most of the rain arrives during winter, which is really like autumn. Although you wouldn’t have to go too far to find snow on the mountains. 2400 hours of sun a year, much more than you get anywhere in the U.K. but record temp of just 30.6°C... Heaven.

640px-Humboldt_Bay_and_Eureka_aerial_vie
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Walking home in this weather's no fun but at least I can cool off a bit now.  I'm certainly looking forward to Friday's cooler outlook that's for sure.

Edited by Stewart M
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

A very nice day here. The sky is very clear. Currently sat on a bench in town and I can really feel the heat of sun. ☀️The sun is at its highest at this time of year of course. Luckily there is a nice breeze. Plenty of people in summer clothes. Currently 21°C and 57% humidity. Penzance same. London 25°C but only 42% humidity. Even Whitley bay right on the NE coast is 24°C, according to my phone. All four locations sunny as well.

In fact it’s sunny and warm pretty much everywhere in the U.K today.

A03928BF-1361-4CA9-AE71-C18624B36688.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

Sunny, light breeze, lowish humidity, 26C. Pretty much perfect.

• Like 2

Posted

This is turning into a very good June here. Already up to 165 hours of sunshine when the 1991-2020 average for the month is 187 hours.  Rainfall currently stands at 23.2mm, just 37% of average and we're running 0.6C above average, all of which is due to high maxima as nights have been close to average so far.

March, April and May were all warmer, drier and sunnier than average so it has been a good run since then.

Edited by reef
  • Like 2

Posted

Booked today off on a whim because 2 days ago it was showing high 20s and sun.

its 17 and drizzling. Love this country.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

After the absolute belter of a day yesterday, today is in complete contrast with a gorgeous featureless grey sky as far as the eye can see! Not only that, but the incoming "clear" patch that was heading this way has now filled in almost completely meaning the whole day will be an uplifting shade of grey! Not bad considering the forecast only 3 days ago was wall to wall sunshine and 28 degrees! The key difference is that i am off work today for 5 days and i can bet a million pounds that the weather will be back to sunny again from Tuesday when i'm back to work. Bliss!

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Azazel said:

Booked today off on a whim because 2 days ago it was showing high 20s and sun.

its 17 and drizzling. Love this country.

Jeez, it's very warm up here, albeit rather hazy now and I expect there could be some thundery showers this afternoon.  However, the midlands was forecast to be warmer than the south/south east today.

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

turning into a really miserable start to summer here ..already had 150% of the average June rainfall..another 50mm is in the forecast for today and tomorrow as we get another 2 days on continuous rain..that on top of the fact it has rained on 18days so far this month out of 22 ..still not reached 25c yet ...no prospect of any sustained dry warm settled weather either

Posted

A beautiful day here up to about half an hour ago, with the sky clouding over since then. A really hot feeling day as well- up to 27C but has felt warmer than that with the wind relatively light and strong sunshine. More humid feeling that recent days as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Where's the sun, I need the sun, I want the sun back, go away cloud unless there's some storm activity from it 

• Like 1

Some of the heat haters would have had kittens here this morning, about 9 was 29C with a 27C and not a breath of wind. Very juicy. 

About 31C now and a lower DP, with a strong sea breeze it’s extremely pleasant now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
14 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Some of the heat haters would have had kittens here this morning, about 9 was 29C with a 27C and not a breath of wind. Very juicy. 

About 31C now and a lower DP, with a strong sea breeze it’s extremely pleasant now. 

Even the thought of that makes me feel ill, its been bad enough these last few days but nothing as bad as that! Can't think of anything much worse at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted

Loving the evenings with these warm spells, 20C still, perfect to cool down outside.

• Like 1

Posted

Forecast looks mostly cloudy on my 5 days off so that tells me that i must have done a deal with the devil at some point in my life since this will be the 4th June in a row that i have missed out on around 90% of the sunny June days. Taking this fact into account, i will help you guys in the future by telling you what holidays i have off in June and all you have to do is avoid those dates and you will be guaranteed beautiful sunny weather!

• Like 3

Posted
8 hours ago, SunSean said:

Forecast looks mostly cloudy on my 5 days off so that tells me that i must have done a deal with the devil at some point in my life since this will be the 4th June in a row that i have missed out on around 90% of the sunny June days. Taking this fact into account, i will help you guys in the future by telling you what holidays i have off in June and all you have to do is avoid those dates and you will be guaranteed beautiful sunny weather!

It’s annoying isn’t it. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s annoying isn’t it. 

Massively. Especially when the forecasts give you a glimmer of hope, putting one sunny day in the mix and then downgrade it to cloudy the very next morning lol. Got the 1st weekend off in July too and that one is looking just as bad at the moment haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Time for the now annual 'annoying Eastern Europe high latitude heat' that we don't get in the UK.

This time it's Lahti in Finland, which is having a week of temperatures around 30c.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for Helsinki.

Even Helsinki is in the 25-28c range for the next 10 days.....and look at that. Pure sunshine all the way! No annoying cloud like we always seem to get here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

What a difference a day makes gone from warm with sunny blue skies to complete overcast although its not feeling cold so that's one thing, threat of showers by me today but i suppose the ground does need a watering although it probably wont be any meaningful rainfall, at least the skies were interesting yesterday with the threat of thunderstorms 

Posted
5 hours ago, SunSean said:

Massively. Especially when the forecasts give you a glimmer of hope, putting one sunny day in the mix and then downgrade it to cloudy the very next morning lol. Got the 1st weekend off in July too and that one is looking just as bad at the moment haha.

Did you get any of the nice blue skies during the earlier part of the week until yesterday?

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Did you get any of the nice blue skies during the earlier part of the week until yesterday?

Unfortunately I was working the whole lot of them although I did manage a few hours before work.