Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some pretty decent thundery activity exploding into life in parts of the south.  Bit of recompense for the vile chill at least

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Azazel said:

It’s not a competition mate. It’s cold out there. The current weather wouldn’t be out of place in winter. In winter I wouldn’t wear a ‘light summer jacket’ so why would I now just because it’s June?

You’re the one getting all up in your feelings for some obscure reason because I’m exercising my right to wear a winter coat, not me.

You are arguing with someone who has ‘topper’ as part of their username. That says it all.

It was a lovely day down on the south coast, but as we travelled back to London, we noticed how much darker and cloudier it was. The temp is now quite chilly.

The one plus is, our flat feels nice and warm. It’s retained the heat from the last few days.

Looking ok for next week, so all we really need is a good few weeks of 22-25, with a few hotter days to keep most of us happy for the summer.

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Some pretty decent thundery activity exploding into life in parts of the south.  Bit of recompense for the vile chill at least

And to think Paris, which is only 300 or so miles away is baking. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
17 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

You are arguing with someone who has ‘topper’ as part of their username. That says it all.

It was a lovely day down on the south coast, but as we travelled back to London, we noticed how much darker and cloudier it was. The temp is now quite chilly.

The one plus is, our flat feels nice and warm. It’s retained the heat from the last few days.

Looking ok for next week, so all we really need is a good few weeks of 22-25, with a few hotter days to keep most of us happy for the summer.

it is a local terminology, as in somebody who lives on the Yorkshire Wolds and is why we are often called a 'Wold Topper' hence why i chose it as my NW name when i joined NW, not that i should need to explain myself to a dweeb like you,  smart Ar#s ,

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted
12 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

it is a local terminology, as in somebody who lives on the Yorkshire Wolds and is why we are often called a 'Wold Topper' hence why i chose it , when i joined NW, smart Ar#s

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

Thank you, much appreciated   and i do hope you can get on top of the damp in your mums basement!!! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Thank you, much appreciated   and i do hope you can get on top of the damp in your mums basement!!! 

Mate, you need to take your head out of your rear end, and just get over yourself. 

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Mate, you need to take your head out of your rear end, and just get over yourself. 

Oh the irony  

i do hope you enjoy the rest of your evening whilst undergoing a full frontal lobotomy!

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted

Just watching the IOW festival. And the weather looks great. But I can't believe the headline act is some sort of Ibiza disco . Blimey. Back in my day it was all about punk rock and The Clash. The Sex Pistols. The Stranglers. The Buzzcocks.  I'm still a punk now !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

From 32c yesterday to 11c today, wishy washy rain, no thunder/ proper breakdown to make up for the return to winter conditions. The UK climate is totally grim these days. No happy medium, barely any excitement. Just give us a warm spell with a proper thundery breakdown for gawd sake. 

Edited by James1979
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Must admit I was on my way out of the house to the pub this afternoon. I had to turn back to fetch the winter coat out such was the horrible chill. And all within 24 hours of it touching 30c. Bizzare. 

You go to the pub a lot don’t you!

5 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

'Winter coat' really? Perhaps a summer jacket? Don't be such a drama queen, it is not 5c?

A lot of softy southerns on this thread... Oddly, they’re mostly the ones who moan about it being too cold or cloudy, despite living in a warmer climate..

As a northerner I don’t tend to wear a winter coat outside of.. well, winter and even in winter if it’s above 10C I probably won’t wear one.

Have worn just shorts and a hoodie in winter a few times as well! 

5 hours ago, Alderc said:

It’s bloody minging, 13C and raining more like winter. I know where all different but honestly how people prefer this over being able to sit and have a chat with friends and family over a beer is utterly beyond me.

They can... Indoors.

4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Exactly - which is why I’m putting on a winter coat. 

It’s not winter though...... 

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

You go to the pub a lot don’t you!

A lot of softy southerns on this thread... Oddly, they’re mostly the ones who moan about it being too cold or cloudy, despite living in a warmer climate..

As a northerner I don’t tend to wear a winter coat outside of.. well, winter and even in winter if it’s above 10C I probably won’t wear one.

Have worn just shorts and a hoodie in winter a few times as well! 

They can... Indoors.

It’s not winter though...... 

No s**t dude. 

Imagine arguing with someone because they’ve decided to wear a winter coat outside of the arbitrary 3 months designated as meteorological winter. 

You realise it’s not illegal right? You can do different things at different times of year? The police won’t come round. 

Lot of strange Northerners in this thread trying to impress people with their anecdotes about how they don’t feel the cold. Very cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

No s**t dude. 

Imagine arguing with someone because they’ve decided to wear a winter coat outside of the arbitrary 3 months designated as meteorological winter. 

You realise it’s not illegal right? You can do different things at different times of year? The police won’t come round. 

Lot of strange Northerners in this thread trying to impress people with their anecdotes about how they don’t feel the cold. Very cool.

I don't get the point of these arguments -- who cares what other folks wear? As for moi, one of the first things I did each day when I was wee, was to chuck all my clothes out of my pram. Not to worry, though, it's an Aspie thing!

• Like 1

Posted

Was at my sons football tournament in Petersfield yesterday , it went on till 8pm and everybody who thought it was going to be lovely and warm were a tad surprised by the actual temperature of 14 degrees feels like 12, between matches kids and parents keeping warm in cars. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

No s**t dude. 

My winter coat can easily be turned in to a light summer jacket simply by detaching the inner fleece lining . Us midlanders have to find a balance between Northerners who wear t-shirts and shorts in frosty conditions and the warmth of the SE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Why is it not enough for some that we should have cold weather in summer, but that people should for some reason not feel cold in it? If it's 11C and raining at midday in December I wear my winter coat, why should I not wear a winter coat in June if the conditions are the exact same?

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy L said:

Why is it not enough for some that we should have cold weather in summer, but that people should for some reason not feel cold in it? If it's 11C and raining at midday in December I wear my winter coat, why should I not wear a winter coat in June if the conditions are the exact same?

This is the thing that the cold loving folk never seem to understand.

We had all but 2 or 3 days of hot weather, and most of them were complaining about how dangerous and uncomfortable it was.

28-32c can feel uncomfortable especially in the bigger cities, but down at the coast it’s a different story. 

Not many people prefer 13-20c with cloudy or unsettled conditions and a wind during the summer months. That’s why many folk including myself, will wear a jacket in this type of weather during the summer. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Dressing for the season as opposed to the actual weather is a bit silly in my opinion, as our weather isn't always necessarily seasonal. If it is going to be 12 Celsius and raining in June then I shall be wearing my coat. But if it is going to be 15 Celsius and dry in January then I shall probably do with a jacket.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
32 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Dressing for the season as opposed to the actual weather is a bit silly in my opinion, as our weather isn't always necessarily seasonal. If it is going to be 12 Celsius and raining in June then I shall be wearing my coat. But if it is going to be 15 Celsius and dry in January then I shall probably do with a jacket.

I thought it was obvious you wear clothes that enable you to be comfortable in the given conditions. If you need a winter coat in temperatures of 11C, heavy overcast and rain, then it doesn't matter what time of the year that happens. I don't have a winter jacket, I wear a light waterproof jacket I got from an outdoor pursuits store. That is sufficient for me to maintain comfort outdoors throughout the year, partly because I walk and cycle for transport which in itself generates body heat, and partly because I dress in layers. Years of belonging to a bridge club means I appreciate others do feel the cold, I would estimate quite a bit more than those at the extreme end on here. At the other end of the spectrum, I also used to play bridge with someone with health issues who would be uncomfortable in anything much over 16C, he couldn't help it.

From my brief look at the exchanges the issue seems to be extremists on one side or the other. Those that think it isn't summer unless it is 30+C for days on end and those who melt if it goes above 20C. What the extremists need to understand is that they are at the extreme end of the spectrum and the vast majority are not going to relate to them. They also need to learn empathy and appreciate what they find comfortable isn't what others find comfortable.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
41 minutes ago, al78 said:

. What the extremists need to understand is that they are at the extreme end of the spectrum and the vast majority are not going to relate to them. They also need to learn empathy and appreciate what they find comfortable isn't what others find comfortable.

That is so well put, we are all on here for enjoyment at the end of the day. Can i just add on more category to go further out than extremists. The weird folk  category which i as you may well know I fall into very well! Clearing snow off my car in the beast from the east in shorts, working all year round in 30plus temps but crying like a baby when it goes over 20c in my bedroom! Weird is much more accurate for myself than extreme!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Massive changes to the feel of the weather in London between Friday & Saturday. I'd agree that it felt cold in London yesterday evening. :cold-emoji:

Not just the UK though, some places in NE Spain/ SW France had 15°C drops in less than an hr. The UK's climate is relatively mundane in comparison..

bilbao.thumb.png.0c9002b53566dee1361ba0867c3c9155.png

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Massive changes to the feel of the weather in London between Friday & Saturday. I'd agree that it felt cold in London yesterday evening. :cold-emoji:

Not just the UK though, some places in NE Spain/ SW France had 15°C drops in less than an hr. The UK's climate is relatively mundane in comparison..

bilbao.thumb.png.0c9002b53566dee1361ba0867c3c9155.png

Biarritz yesterday went from a record-high of 42.9C to 22.1C in barely an hour and a half, including an 11.6C drop in just six minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
3 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

My winter coat can easily be turned in to a light summer jacket simply by detaching the inner fleece lining . Us midlanders have to find a balance between Northerners who wear t-shirts and shorts in frosty conditions and the warmth of the SE.

Hahahaha this post made me laugh! Thanks I needed that!

I'm feeling a bit rubbish with all this nit picking in here. I get northerners think i'm an idiot for feeling the cold but I don't fight back at them.

I'm just a moaner. It's who I am and what I feel. I can't change myself. So meh!

1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Continues cloudy, windy and cool in the North West.

Still waiting for Spring, never mind Summer.

I feel for you mate. I really do I jsut wanna whisk you away and give you a big hug. It's depressing!

• Like 4

Posted
21 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hahahaha this post made me laugh! Thanks I needed that!

I'm feeling a bit rubbish with all this nit picking in here. I get northerners think i'm an idiot for feeling the cold but I don't fight back at them.

I'm just a moaner. It's who I am and what I feel. I can't change myself. So meh!

I feel for you mate. I really do I jsut wanna whisk you away and give you a big hug. It's depressing!

Nothing wrong with having a good moan. It's good for the soul. Other wise we would all be suffering extreme mental health issues by bottling everything up. I enjoyed having a good moan yesterday because the weather was thoroughly pathetic here. Basically rained from 9am to 9pm. And it was cold. Moaning about it made me feel better! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1