Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Watched the 'storm' at its peak coming over Derby/Belper from Alport Heights. One flash perceived from the edges of vision and a few weak rumbles. Looked pretty cool for a bit though looking south towards the 'hook' area, even did a kind of tiny wallcloud feature 😅 feels more humid after this now. Gl to us all for tonight and this week 🤞

125476046_IMG_20220904_1631097013.thumb.jpg.175c82dcc41d407bbf07773c9bf8b7ac.jpg

120019907_IMG_20220904_1634219572.thumb.jpg.3ec8c4a51f6156a1f407344bb76d3410.jpg

Quite a large wall-cloud and appears to have been a right splitter on radar, so genuinely a good case for a supercell.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!

Very heavy rain (torrential at times) has been falling continuously here in the last hour. No lightning/thunder though.... but current radar suggesting much more to fall in the next few hours. Flooding could be a real concern in a few  of our prone areas tonight. 

I suspect an amber warning could be issued shortly, for southern central and Midlands as this front looks to further intensify as it moves N/E overnight..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Central / Northern France is firing off at the moment. Wondering if this will hit the SE later? Or see more development to its North as the night carries on. We shall see. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
11 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Central / Northern France is firing off at the moment. Wondering if this will hit the SE later? Or see more development to its North as the night carries on. We shall see. 

Hi mate,looking at the trajectory of the lightning strikes on Blitz i think that it will miss the SE

looking on Sat replay,i may be wrong but i recon something might be developing off the Cherbourg coast ahead of the front,...maybe?

Edit:just seen @Mapantz post^ 🙂

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I suspect this will be where to watch for in the coming hours..

1678862572_Screenshot2022-09-04203550.thumb.png.60775bca0050194e6e9b23012fc33844.png

Into serious radar watching territory now. The UKV has things kicking off in that circle pretty much from now onward. I love but hate this part where we wait for initiation. I want to be in that car knowing that things are happening and with the adrenaline pumping 😄

Edited by ResonantChannelThunder
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain
7 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Into serious radar watching territory now. The UKV has things kicking off in that circle pretty much from now onward. I love but hate this part where we wait for initiation. I want to be in that car knowing that things are happening and with the adrenaline pumping 😄

Totally with you 😆 in bed with a film, everything's ready by the door in a grab bag.. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, something is going up between the IOW and Cherbourg on the satellite. Using windy.com for the zoom level and real-time updates

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential persistent rain here seems like it's been months since we have seen such heavy rain!

• Like 4

Posted

Strong radar returns north of Guernsey. Their track would put them on course for Dorset

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Strong radar returns north of Guernsey. Their track would put them on course for Dorset

They've been lucky so far this Summer so wouldn't surprise me if it kicks off from there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Potentially some rapid developments west of Caen not showing on radar yet but showing on blitzortung?? 

• Like 5

Posted

Several sferics in the centre of the Cherbourg peninsular now, out of nowhere!

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Quite a large wall-cloud and appears to have been a right splitter on radar, so genuinely a good case for a supercell.

I was watching it from the south a couple miles or so away, it appeared to cycle and surge so I'd say it had supercell characteristics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snow, hot & thundery!
53 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I suspect this will be where to watch for in the coming hours..

1678862572_Screenshot2022-09-04203550.thumb.png.60775bca0050194e6e9b23012fc33844.png

Spot on - as now being currently observed by fellow storm enthusiasts 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
2 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Several sferics in the centre of the Cherbourg peninsular now, out of nowhere!

They could start to head north or northeast?

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

Oh hello 

75081DA6-556B-495F-A1B5-CC782462B129.thumb.jpeg.59c2eb7e8bdd185f8bfbda1ca27da747.jpeg

That’s nothing - look at the spec over the Cherbourg peninsula - that’s kicked out already three strikes - well before it even showed on radar 🥳

• Like 6

Posted

Cherbourg now lighting up a bit more frequently - big question is how extensive and far inland it tracks. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and all extreme weather! :)

The area above Guernsey and also the one near Cherbourg seem to be building up... Could this be a start to a wave of thunderstorms? The Met Office seem to be liking the idea of a wave of storms pushing North/Northeast...

I hope I get some activity in Hampshire in the next few days. I've been dying to see another storm!

Edit: Thought I was looking at the radar for Today/tomorrow when i wasn't. Oops!

image.thumb.png.3fdd11f97996792fedff958e7e66b191.pngimage.thumb.png.1979b65368d0ba05530cc9ba7d927df8.png

Edited by Thunderspotter
  • Like 2