Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - moving into Winter

Message added by Paul,

With winter now almost upon us, the model thread is getting ever busier, and as such it's important to keep it on topic. So, please keep your posts to discussing the model output, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter thread.  Or, head to the moans and ramps thread.

Posted
35 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

It's like everyone supports a different football club because they win the most goals.

You have to feel sorry for those that are new here being confused as of late.

Looking at the general theme this morning while there's still a great amount of blocking around, the lack of cold is very disappointing.

Cracks are appearing too in the medium term, if it keeps up expect a unravelling.

But as usual the problem is, whether its good or bad, there is too much emphasis on it and people expect the charts to show more or less similar within every run. Also this thing about we should not expect anything until at least the 5th is also wrong, the blocking pattern which influences our weather is starting in a few days time, how cold it gets is still uncertain but the general idea is snowfall is not on the menu at the moment and we are feeding on scraps in terms of cold air avaliable. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

It isn't silly ,why is it silly ?

Because peeps can see the potential for the wheels to fall off?

FWIW the bbc raw has trended unsettled mid to longer term this morning..

I don't know how the wheels are falling off, the chilly snap is still there, the UK is still getting a continental flow and there is no trend towards any Atlantic weather as of yet. 

The Iberian low will continue to be modeled differently within every run, some may favour some might not. 

Personally I'm just looking forward to a drier spell even if its not  particularly exciting weather apart from the potential threat of frost and fog midweek. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

It isn't silly ,why is it silly ?

Because peeps can see the potential for the wheels to fall off?

FWIW the bbc raw has trended unsettled mid to longer term this morning..

Wheels to fall off on what date exactly? It may well happen but if its a worry then I'd stick to the UKMO tbh

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, swfc said:

Wheels to fall off on what date exactly? It may well happen but if its a worry then I'd stick to the UKMO tbh

Exact date ?

Really ?🤣

It's about trends ..the trend to a WB neg NAO is gathering momentum.

IMO ,of course others may disagree ,all about opinions.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

Exact date ?

Really ?🤣

OK.. I've not seen any run with a West based nao. The east is blocked with pressure pushing into Greenland. Could you post me a chart including the nooa set up. Tia 👍

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Exact date ?

Really ?🤣

Completely agree with you.

Although the charts still look very decent to say the least, there are just signs that things are starting to trend the wrong way currently.

The low over Iberia is a real spoiler, but not the end of the world. Then there's the threat just showing that everything will end up with a west based -NAO.

Still time for upgrades, but we don't want to see things gain momentum the wrong way so to speak for us in the UK.

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything other than drizzle

I must be one of the only ones that see's the 6z as an upgrade from yesterday....

A stronger HP and the evolution from east to west from this run then that of yesterdays, even the 0z. I can't post as on phone, but if you compare the 240hr from the 0z to 6z its a definitely an upgrade to cold.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, swfc said:

OK.. I've not seen any run with a West based nao. The east is blocked with pressure pushing into Greenland. Could you post me a chart including the nooa set up. Tia 👍

I haven't seen any run showing a WB Neg NAO ,who said the charts are showing one?

Trending is different  to showing.

5 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

Completely agree with you.

Although the charts still look very decent to say the least, there are just signs that things are starting to trend the wrong way currently.

The low over Iberia is a real spoiler, but not the end of the world. Then there's the threat just showing that everything will end up with a west based -NAO.

Still time for upgrades, but we don't want to see things gain momentum the wrong way so to speak for us in the UK.

Spot.on.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it’s certainly a different watch than we are used to so early on in the season.

The interest is still there for sure, and for now at least it’s compelling viewing watching how this pans out from run to run.

All eyes now for the 15.30, then 21.30, and again 09.30 in the morning.

I do like this time of year!

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I haven't seen any run showing a WB Neg NAO ,who said the charts are showing one?

Trending is different  to showing.

Spot.on.

Fair enough. Well imo the trend is dry and cool. 👍

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery
Just now, northwestsnow said:

I'd love a seasonal spell.

Hope I'm overreacting and wrong.

If a trend gains momentum run after run I will take notice . But at range and with all the blocking, shortwaves turning up here there and everywhere I really wouldn’t worry ,they probably won’t be nailed down until 96-120 hours 

As I say we have a roll of the dice and that’s good enough for me as after all it’s still November 

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Dont worry northwest 12zs are about to upgrade on a different level🤲🤪!!!fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Dont worry northwest 12zs are about to upgrade on a different level🤲🤪!!!fingers crossed!

• Like 3

Posted

My earlier post wasn't meant to be predantic in anyway. The outlook is I guess up for change ie 7-10 days. I'm only willing to take the output as its shown and its still subject to change. If people are seeing something later than that then it's fine. The ens, nooa show pretty good output atm. Beyond that I don't have a clue. The word trend is easily used but not for me. 🙏🙏🙏btw the meto outlook seems to change very swiftly. Enjoy the 12z  uto. 

Edited by swfc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2