Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted
5 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Ice reforming in camper van it only thawed off at 2 pm  looking for another bitter cold night 

I’m under the purple 😮

Out of interest where abouts in the area? I'm in the worst part in terms of snow right near the town, I've seen instances in the marginal events of barely any evidence of snow on the ground here yet as you head a mile or so inland, its a different story. Of course this is in marginal no wind events. I remember the event 2 years back I think it was where we had heavy snow but was struggling to lay and it was virtually wet ground for the most part yet as you got closer to Lancaster it was gradually more notable and in Lancaster itself there was a decent covering for their standards! That was with a easterly flow and uppers of - 6ish so it does have to take something special for snow here hence me doubts about the weekend 'potential'. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Going to be cold tonight. 

Lovely dusk colours

Could contain: Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Sunset, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Neighborhood

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

The Marsh ☀️🌙

Could contain: Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Sunlight, Flare, Sunset, Sunrise, Land, Tree, Vegetation

Could contain: Grassland, Field, Nature, Outdoors, Savanna, Grass, Night, Sky, Reed, Scenery

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
9 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Out of interest where abouts in the area? I'm in the worst part in terms of snow right near the town, I've seen instances in the marginal events of barely any evidence of snow on the ground here yet as you head a mile or so inland, its a different story. Of course this is in marginal no wind events. I remember the event 2 years back I think it was where we had heavy snow but was struggling to lay and it was virtually wet ground for the most part yet as you got closer to Lancaster it was gradually more notable and in Lancaster itself there was a decent covering for their standards! That was with a easterly flow and uppers of - 6ish so it does have to take something special for snow here hence me doubts about the weekend 'potential'. 

I’m not to far from oxcliffe road though I’ve sold house and have bought in Arnside  looking to move in New year

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
39 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

That's mad, so we have a micro climate within a micro climate, we had a frost here and it only got up to 4c.

The starting temperature wasn't that cold over this side... even then between 9 and 3pm it only rose 3C so it wasn't spectacular by any means

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, russwirral said:

Is that Bowfell in the background?

👍🏻Yes. To Rossett Pike 

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Going to be cold tonight. 

Lovely dusk colours

Could contain: Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Sunset, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Neighborhood

Lovely sunset here today too… hopefully sunny day again tomorrow… managed 16c today… sun felt warm day out in a t-shirt… 

looks very cold night at home tonight… finally our heating app for home working 🙌🏻 turned heating to 10c… was on 14c… 

looking likely to be 4-6c above average here possibly next week… the reverse of at home… 🤞🤞🤞 for some snow for you all at home ❄️⛄❄️⛄️ 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Temperature dropping like a stone here, 0.2C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

-1.2C. This is unexpected! Wow. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Cloud starting to feed in from the north by west. Currently 2.9C with a slight breeze. It probably won't fall much more than that here. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
12 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Cloud starting to feed in from the north by west. Currently 2.9C with a slight breeze. It probably won't fall much more than that here. 

Noticed a bit more cloud around at sunset 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
25 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Think you'll stay around 2°C until about 3 am. You may get some hail/graupel showers around midnight. After that wind looks to veer a little bit offshore so temp should drop quickly to just below freezing

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

-1c & feeling bitter with a full moon out tonight. Only reached 3c today. It’s been one of those days where frost has stayed in the shade all day. It will be interesting to see how low we can go tonight I would say -4 - -6c locally here. 

🥶 🌕 

Another bit of interest is the potential of something wintry sinking south tomorrow night being picked up by the short range models. Could be something, could be nothing but one to watch

👀🥶❄️ 

Could contain: Plot, Map, Outdoors, Atlas, Land, Nature, Sea, Water, Vegetation, Rainforest

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 7

Posted

Continuation of the cold out to the 17th on the 12Z run, that's a couple of days later then the 00 and 06 runs.

Could contain: Chart

Not much precip though.

• Like 3

Posted

Mod thread winds me up, people moaning that they see no precipitation on the way. Must have been frozen solid for 3 weeks before I saw a flake in 2010 and then it bucketed it down and also stayed. No idea why anyone would want a battleground scenario where the snow has left the next day and I’m certainly yet to see one that actually delivers for the northwest!

• Like 6

Posted

It would be great to get in some deep cold to freeze the ground to a decent depth before any snow falls on it. And I would love some ice days and hard frosts by night to kill off some of the whitefly plaguing my brassicas.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Days like today are some of my favourites. Bright blue skies and cold fresh artic air. You cannot beat it really. Down to -1c already. Could be the lowest temps I've seen since moving to Cheshire tonight.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Days like today are some of my favourites. Bright blue skies and cold fresh artic air. You cannot beat it really. Down to -1c already. Could be the lowest temps I've seen since moving to Cheshire tonight.

Funny to think that under 5 months ago you were the hottest place on the hottest day ever in NW England. Seems a long way away now.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 9

Posted
13 minutes ago, chiffer said:

Mod thread winds me up, people moaning that they see no precipitation on the way. Must have been frozen solid for 3 weeks before I saw a flake in 2010 and then it bucketed it down and also stayed. No idea why anyone would want a battleground scenario where the snow has left the next day and I’m certainly yet to see one that actually delivers for the northwest!

59B4D3BB-A606-42CC-B255-3CA98E525B29.thumb.gif.87fba447095929800963b5ebc2ca8927.gif

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

-1.5°C on car whilst I'm waiting in Glossop for my sons trampolining to finish.

• Like 4