• Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

-4.3C. A little chilly out!

• Like 5

Posted

Temperature going down steadily, -4.9C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The odd bit of cloud floating around from the showers over Wales have scuppered any real cold, as its currently 0.6C as a low, especially when further east it looks baltic. Some impressive temperatures in places it seems. There are going to be some epic frosty scenes at sunrise in places.

• Like 5

Posted

Temps not dipped below -5c which was about the same when I hit the sack last night, but still very hard & harsh frost.  Model wobble-day today.. they are bringing the low further north...might benefit us in terms of white stuff next week, but I still think it will be a southern affair.  We'll probably keep the frozen theme going.

• Like 6

Posted

A thin veil of cloud here prevented perfect views of the occultation, but I could just about make out Mars before it hit the edge of the moon. Nice to be able to view it from indoors!

• Like 4

Posted

-5 at 5.45am concurring with Man airport.  Noticed airport had a dip to -6c sometime after 4am.  A lovely crisp, stingy earlobe walk to work earlier, certainly wakes you up.  Cloud out west and now -4c.

Fantastic occultation photos, thanks for sharing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

-6°C currently 🥶🥶🥶🥶

• Like 5

Posted

Given we reached 40°C this year, there is going to be a huge temperature range between the highest maximum and lowest minimum recorded in the UK during a calendar year.

Not just nationally, local stations as well, official and non official. In 1995, I think the range was 62.4°C, nationally

For instance I recorded 39.1°C in July and it dropped to -7.5°C during the early hours this morning. 46.6°C gap between the two 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

-6c low here last night a hard frost & bitterly cold currently -4c. Coldest night of the season so far 🥶 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Currently -6.7c and still falling

• Like 5

Posted

I don't know where Google's weather.com automated notifications get the data but it seems quite keen on the possibility of some afternoon and evening showers here. Not much sign of similar anywhere else. So much frost out there this morning it looks like snow.

Could contain: Night, Nature, Outdoors, Moon, Astronomy, Text

• Like 5

Posted

Temperature got down to -4.9C around 05:30, but then went up a little as some very thin and patchy cloud moved across. It wasn't enough to prevent a great view of the moon and Mars though. Temperature now going down slowly again as the cloud has cleared, currently -4.6C. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Currently -4.5°C. Coldest night for at least two years.

• Like 3

Posted

-7 here in thick freezing fog. If that hangs around the temperature won’t rise much at all. Bit disappointed with the fog. It feels like it’s been foggy and murky here for weeks, I was looking forward to crisp sunshine. At least I won’t have to go far uphill for it. 

• Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Given we reached 40°C this year, there is going to be a huge temperature range between the highest maximum and lowest minimum recorded in the UK during a calendar year.

Not just nationally, local stations as well, official and non official. In 1995, I think the range was 62.4°C, nationally

For instance I recorded 39.1°C in July and it dropped to -7.5°C during the early hours this morning. 46.6°C gap between the two 

What were the maximums this summer in the usual winter cold spots such as Altnaharra and Braemar? Both of those could be on for minus teens if they get/have got snow cover. 

• Like 3