Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Sorry for being rude. I truly am feeling as bad as I posted as well as highly hormonal.

Don't worry lol, to be fair it was a valid response!! Hoping we all get some sun this weekend and for a great May because we deserve it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Max 8c today. 7 days away from May. Utterly awful. You know. We get to 1st November and the cold and dark kicks in. We get to the end of February and yay !!! It's spring. The clocks go forward. The nights get lighter. You think great a bit warmer. Get rid of big winter coats. But no. In UK 59 days before the nights start drawing in again I am standing here in a big fleece lined winter coat. Last warm day was mid October 2022. 6 months on just dreary cold persists. Really hoping things turn round pretty soon because this is just awful. 

Don't know what the temp was here but must have been warmer than that, was sweating while out shopping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Here's my max temps and sunshine hours for this month. Whilst nothing spectacular, not abysmal either.

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Heat Map Could contain: Page, Text

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
4 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

First sentence is very true hahaha... if I had the money I'd be moving straight out of here to somewhere with an actual climate!

Ha ha, it’s not that bad I’m sure…me too though if our climate was a bit more reliable it’s not a bad place to be in the world 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Don't know what the temp was here but must have been warmer than that, was sweating while out shopping.

Kent seems to have peaked at about 12C today, but it was very humid this morning!

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Sea, Water, Map, Shoreline, Coast, Atlas

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Here's my max temps and sunshine hours for this month. Whilst nothing spectacular, not abysmal either.

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Heat Map Could contain: Page, Text

Interesting, what site did you get that from? Would be interested to see Exeter stats for April so far in such a clear manner

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Interesting, what site did you get that from? Would be interested to see Exeter stats for April so far in such a clear manner

That's data from my own weather station.

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

That's data from my own weather station.

I need to get one

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, plymsunshine said:

Kent seems to have peaked at about 12C today, but it was very humid this morning!

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Sea, Water, Map, Shoreline, Coast, Atlas

Yep I noticed that, humidity, no wind equals felt very warm for a change, didn't need a jacket but had to wear one, hence being to hot. If it hadn't rained even with the cloud it would have been a comfortable day, for a change.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, TwisterGirl81 said:

Not Exeter I know but I get my Plymouth stats from this amateur weather station, it's amazing and quite close I guess?

WWW.BEARSBYTHESEA.CO.UK

Local weather data for Plymouth Devon UK. Realtime weather and Lightning data updated every 10 seconds. Local 7 day weather forecasts updated 5 times a day using local data and model data. History of...

After some searching I found one for Exeter but it only goes back to March 2021 and isn't as clearly laid out, but I hope it helps!

EMPSLOCAL.EX.AC.UK

Weather conditions for University of Exeter, Exeter, UK as observed by a personal weather station and the weewx weather software

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chris888 said:

all the moaning on here would hate to see the comments if we get a 2012 style summer lol 

I can’t remember that far back, how bad was it? What’s the stats 

Posted
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

PLEASE never again 😭

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Land, Outdoors, Person, Sea, WaterCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Posted
1 minute ago, chris888 said:

all the moaning on here would hate to see the comments if we get a 2012 style summer lol 

If we get a 2012 summer I think I will buy a sun lamp. Shut the curtains. And pretend I am in Singapore or something. Although given the gas and electric (which incidentally costs 4 times higher in UK than everywhere else in Europe) I will probably just put about 3 jackets on and sit back and think of England.

Posted
11 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

The worst summer in my opinion, and part of that rotten string of summers from 2007 until 2012. We had a few cold snowy winters around that period, but the summers were diabolical.

• Like 2

Posted

Just looking at March and the data conflicting with how many of us have felt. It turns out night time minimum temperatures have been inflating the CET. Obviously most people aren't awake to feel the temperature overnight, but the relevant stats, the temperatures we can actually experience when we are awake and out and about, show that we have not been going crazy imagining how rubbish it has been. Compared to the 30 year era we have most recently lived through, maximum temperatures were near or below average for most.

2023_3_MaxTemp_Anomaly_1991-2020.thumb.gif.60cc95e11cb05976713daf6fdce67a6b.gif

But the stats people will remember are a significantly above average CET (+1.4) when compared to an era 70-40 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sunny76 said:

The worst summer in my opinion, and part of that rotten string of summers from 2007 until 2012. We had a few cold snowy winters around that period, but the summers were diabolical.

Yes. 2012 was excruciatingly bad. You will correct me if I'm wrong but it did perk up just a bit towards late July /August. When the commonwealth games were on in East London ??? But yes an absolute shocker of a summer. 2007 was abysmal. But the autumn was probably the nicest autumn I remember in terms of calm settled nice weather. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Just looking at March and the data conflicting with how many of us have felt. It turns out night time minimum temperatures have been inflating the CET. Obviously most people aren't awake to feel the temperature overnight, but the relevant stats, the temperatures we can actually experience when we are awake and out and about, show that we have not been going crazy imagining how rubbish it has been. Compared to the 30 year era we have most recently lived through, maximum temperatures were near or below average for most.

But the stats people will remember are a significantly above average CET (+1.4) when compared to an era 70-40 years ago.

Like I said before, the averages mean sod all if you’ve been feeling cold and miserable.

It has been a poor spring, even compared to pre 1988 levels. 

3 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. 2012 was excruciatingly bad. You will correct me if I'm wrong but it did perk up just a bit towards late July /August. When the commonwealth games were on in East London ??? But yes an absolute shocker of a summer. 2007 was abysmal. But the autumn was probably the nicest autumn I remember in terms of calm settled nice weather. 

Yes you are right. There was an improvement during the Olympics in the first half of August, but the second half was rather mixed and thundery. I remember a daytime thunderstorm on a Saturday in August 2012.

The only nice spell of sunny weather prior to August was the last part of May. 

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

We had a lot of frosts down here both in march and April, do they have a mean low temp chart too, just wondering what that would show, where as central areas were under cloud it was clear and frosty in the east does include east Anglia though, so is probably reflected in the CET, but the west would moderate it somewhat 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

We had a lot of frosts down here both in march and April, do they have a mean low temp chart too, just wondering what that would show, where as central areas were under cloud it was clear and frosty in the east does include east Anglia though, so is probably reflected in the CET, but the west would moderate it somewhat 

Above average for most of England and Wales

2023_3_MinTemp_Anomaly_1991-2020.gif

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
38 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Just remember not all of us are asking 20+ plus sodding degrees 

True, seems to be a belief on here from some that wanting pleasant weather equates to wanting 40°C heatwaves. It doesn’t, just something sunnier and warmer than the dross served up aplenty of late

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Average just over me, and the tip of east Anglia though, wondering on April now.

What's average min for Dover anyway.