Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
Just now, Thomas Green said:

Max of 11C here in Norwich today with low cloud and persistent rain/drizzle, can't get any worse considering it's may, in some ways it felt like a mild December day 

Mid December days are often milder than 11C these days! 🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather
1 minute ago, Don said:

Mid December days are often milder than 11C these days! 🙄

Yes your right, and there wasn't a single bit of sunlight from dawn to dusk which made it feel even more December! But luckily if the low cloud burns away tomorrow (fingers crossed🤞)  we could be up to 17C which should feel a lot better in the sunshine, if the low cloud takes hold however, probably another day of 11C 🙄

• Like 2

Posted

I must admit it did feel cool today in London, that northeasterly breeze was noticeable and surprisingly brisk for mid May. 11C in middle of afternoon with gloomy grey skies it belongs to November. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems I was lucky it reached 16°C here. Not that it really felt like it with all the cloud and light rain we had for a lot of the afternoon combined with a fairly cold breeze. 

• Like 2

Posted

Must be rather cool tonight as I even felt chilly walking back after meeting friends!

Posted

Really hoping for some warmer/settled weather to close out the month for my father’s funeral. 

The weather as it is now would just be so depressing.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels so cold at Heathrow this morning, more like winter than spring, vile

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Feels so cold at Heathrow this morning, more like winter than spring, vile

It's grim this morning, a hangover from yesterday's dross. Dark, cool and gloomy. You wouldn't think it's nearly the longest days of the year. Imagine getting a proper sunrise? Must be great. 

Funny thing is...I can usually hear so much birdsong in the garden by this time of year of a morning. This year? Little to none.

Looks to warm up a bit today but likely won't be until mid afternoon, thick cloud until 1pm at the earliest. So realistically, not a fantastic day! Bang on average for May imo but because the bar is on the floor, it feels comparatively 'good'. 😆

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

It's grim this morning, a hangover from yesterday's dross. Dark, cool and gloomy. You wouldn't think it's nearly the longest days of the year. Imagine getting a proper sunrise? Must be great. 

Funny thing is...I can usually hear so much birdsong in the garden by this time of year of a morning. This year? Little to none.

Yep. Genuinely feels like a nuclear winter! And I don’t want to hear any more about people being “comfortable” or “productivity”. It’s not a matter of opinion. This weather IS terrible for  our health and wellbeing. Fact!

Edited by Dusk1983
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Am I hallucinating? Once we get through the chilly rubbish from Mon-Wed, it will actually feel like May for once? Could contain: Text, Symbol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
32 minutes ago, B87 said:

Am I hallucinating? Once we get through the chilly rubbish from Mon-Wed, it will actually feel like May for once? Could contain: Text, Symbol

Forecast is too far away to put any bets on imo. Could change again by then, it has done so numerous times so far this spring. 

Even today, that morning forecast for London is completely wrong. It's a cloud blanket as thick as possibly can be. Can't even spot whereabouts the sun is up there.

I don't think we are seeing the sun today until much later on. My phone says around 1pm, but I won't hold my breath on that. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't break through until 5/6pm ready for the sunnier day tomorrow

Posted

Yep, I was right, it's already shifting to later in the day and will likely keep being pushed back. Similar pattern to that other Saturday, where the same thing happened.

Tomorrow now also changed/updated. Gone from showing a fully sunny day from morning onwards to mostly cloudy, bit of sun on and off, but overall quite warm at 21 max. Can't make this up. Honestly can't.

I'm officially done.

Could contain: Text, Astronomy, Moon, Nature, Night, OutdoorsCould contain: Text, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Astronomy, Moon, Night

• Like 1

Clag! Satellite presentation indicates cloud base will clear back to the east coast quickly. However not sure I was expecting the northerly to be so strong, blowing a hoolie here. Can’t imagine it being a pleasant along the east coast. Further west a stunning day likely, probably the best of the year so far. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Hurricane, Plant

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

I am in London for the day and if every day has been like this then I don't blame you all for moaning 😭 Plymouth at the moment is already 15 and sunny (looking to be the warmest day of the year) while here there's a thick blanket of cloud and it's 10c... I do feel sorry for the SE this spring, looks like a reverse summer 2020 situation

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Yep, I was right, it's already shifting to later in the day and will likely keep being pushed back. Similar pattern to that other Saturday, where the same thing happened.

Tomorrow now also changed/updated. Gone from showing a fully sunny day from morning onwards to mostly cloudy, bit of sun on and off, but overall quite warm at 21 max. Can't make this up. Honestly can't.

I'm officially done.

Could contain: Text, Astronomy, Moon, Nature, Night, OutdoorsCould contain: Text, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Astronomy, Moon, Night

Forecast for tomorrow has certainly changed, looks predominately cloudy for many now, in fact Arpege and Arome breakout some pretty heavy showers across most of the England tomorrow afternoon. 

Arome for 6pm tomorrow 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation

BBC forecast for the weekend from last night was honestly embarrassing showing 20-22C over a wide part of the country both today and tomorrow. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

I am in London for the day and if every day has been like this then I don't blame you all for moaning 😭 Plymouth at the moment is already 15 and sunny (looking to be the warmest day of the year) while here there's a thick blanket of cloud and it's 10c... I do feel sorry for the SE this spring, looks like a reverse summer 2020 situation

Yes, but most days have been even cooler that this. The last time we had 2 dry, fully sunny days in a row was 7-8 April.

• Like 2

Posted

Let's hope this cloud burns off and we can all enjoy a warm weekend. Good news for early next week is that it doesn't appear to be that wet, so there should be some fine weather at times, though not overly warm of course. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Clag! Satellite presentation indicates cloud base will clear back to the east coast quickly. However not sure I was expecting the northerly to be so strong, blowing a hoolie here. Can’t imagine it being a pleasant along the east coast. Further west a stunning day likely, probably the best of the year so far. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Hurricane, Plant

That explains it. Westerners lucking out once again. Genuinely may have to move away from this end of the world as most years now the whole "South East having the best weather" is proving to be an absolute lie.

9 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Forecast for tomorrow has certainly changed, looks predominately cloudy for many now, in fact Arpege and Arome breakout some pretty heavy showers across most of the England tomorrow afternoon. 

Arome for 6pm tomorrow 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation

BBC forecast for the weekend from last night was honestly embarrassing showing 20-22C over a wide part of the country both today and tomorrow. 

I'm at im wits end guys. I can't book holiday at work atm as too busy so this is the last straw. Honestly thought this weekend would be a saving grace but no, pulled out fron beneath our feet as usual. 

What's the point in even looking at the forecast? All this money invested in it and it's inaccurate the night before the day of...

• Thanks 1

Posted

We can pretty much assume it's going to be at least 2-3c below average every day now, without even looking at the forecast.

Bring on 2 weeks of 35c.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

Let's hope this cloud burns off and we can all enjoy a warm weekend. Good news for early next week is that it doesn't appear to be that wet, so there should be some fine weather at times, though not overly warm of course. 

Looks dreadful for most of the week in my ends, 13/14c and showers.

Posted
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

That explains it. Westerners lucking out once again. Genuinely may have to move away from this end of the world as most years now the whole "South East having the best weather" is proving to be an absolute lie.

I'm at im wits end guys. I can't book holiday at work atm as too busy so this is the last straw. Honestly thought this weekend would be a saving grace but no, pulled out fron beneath our feet as usual. 

What's the point in even looking at the forecast? All this money invested in it and it's inaccurate the night before the day of...

The only thing that's changed are details in the forecasts. The weather itself hasn't, and we simply have no idea what time the cloud will burn off today or tomorrow, and if there are any showers tomorrow. There isn't a computer model in existence that knows when the cloud will burn off. My own personal assessment looking out the window suggests it will burn off readily and suddenly. It seems fairly thin, though of course this is an educated guess. 

Posted
1 minute ago, richie3846 said:

The only thing that's changed are details in the forecasts. The weather itself hasn't, and we simply have no idea what time the cloud will burn off today or tomorrow, and if there are any showers tomorrow. There isn't a computer model in existence that knows when the cloud will burn off. My own personal assessment looking out the window suggests it will burn off readily and suddenly. It seems fairly thin, though of course this is an educated guess. 

We just need a locked-in pattern of 10+ days of temps above 22c with zero rainfall or cloud.

It would still of course be a very poor spring, even with that happening, but it would help with the moaning as the SE has been cheated out of an entire season. Of course it will have to stay above 20c for the next 3-4 months as well.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

I’m calling it now: it isn’t going to burn off until sunset today and probably also tomorrow. This country is cursed.

Edited by Dusk1983
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Looks dreadful for most of the week in my ends, 13/14c and showers.

Met office is showing 15 to 16c for greater London with an occasional shower risk, not a repeat of last week

Posted
2 minutes ago, richie3846 said:

In what way is this "thin" cloud lol. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Animal, Bird, Flying, Weather

• Like 2