Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Emergency Alerts - GOV.UK service

Jo Farrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Mine worked fine. Phone, watch & Bluetooth to car stereo all went off at 3pm on the dot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

The teenagers, on various service providers, said that (as they walk about with their precious data turned OFF) they only got the emergency alert when they got near Wi-Fi,

Is that likely- or just a confused view with all the timing issues? I thought it was supposed to be a text, not like a WhatsApp and so available in many (but not all) areas. East Lothian is not the Highlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I got mine yesterday, exactly at 3pm.  At first I have it was my careline box being activated and then I looked my laptop's clock and remembered that it was the emergency alert.  What amazed was that the emergency alert was spoken in American accent.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just checked the phone settings and emergency alerts are set to on. On three but other people have got alerts to three.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 hours ago, Jo Farrow said:

The teenagers, on various service providers, said that (as they walk about with their precious data turned OFF) they only got the emergency alert when they got near Wi-Fi,

Is that likely- or just a confused view with all the timing issues? I thought it was supposed to be a text, not like a WhatsApp and so available in many (but not all) areas. East Lothian is not the Highlands.

No 4g or above, or WiFi. I was out and about data on, so perhaps was in a blank spot, at home every device went off, probably from WiFi.