Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

GFS goes for another furnace job at the end of the run in lala land. I dread to think what the final CET would be if that came off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Bonkers. And all this after the record breaking heat of June, too. The climate has gone crazy...to echo some of the heat-fiends, "what we need is the coldest winter since 1963 to make up for this heat"...! 

• Like 4

Posted
16 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

It is about as bad as it can get for September. Thankfully the house is still nice and cool and the sun will be down in an hour or so whereas in June we would still have another 3 hours of sun to endure.

Still amazed at the warm lovers lurking around, go out and enjoy what you've been craving! 🤣

My room got to 29C, cons of staying in an insulated attic. The opposite happens during winter. Last December it dipped to 13C. 

• Like 1

Posted

Climate here is the same as it's always been. 

We had a week of sunshine in June with mid 20's which is warm but not unusual. This was after a cold cloudy May. July and August were abysmal, cold and very wet almost continuously .

Today was nice, 27 and sunny but long long overdue.

Posted
16 minutes ago, The PIT said:

GFS goes for another furnace job at the end of the run in lala land. I dread to think what the final CET would be if that came off.

Possibly high 17s, low 18s. This could be the December 2015 of Septembers.. 😬

Thankfully it's all in Fl. A rogue run. My mind is still set on a breakdown around next Monday/Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, Frigid said:

My room got to 29C, cons of staying in an insulated attic. The opposite happens during winter. Last December it dipped to 13C. 

I'm fortunate to be in an old 1900s house which stays remarkably cool even in peak summer. But it is chilly and damp in winter. Housing standards are a whole new topic in this warming world.

Posted

Totally agree, Tidal Wave. Solar panels as compulsory, AC, good quality shutters for windows...and that's before we even start on building materials etc! All to come for future generations...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I personally would require a frontal Lobotomy to stand any chance of enjoying this kind of weather, 44c today, just over 4hrs in it, only going to get worse where i'm booked to go....my good mood from this summer has gone, feeling very down and unwell now.

23 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

Climate here is the same as it's always been. 

We had a week of sunshine in June with mid 20's which is warm but not unusual. This was after a cold cloudy May. July and August were abysmal, cold and very wet almost continuously .

Today was nice, 27 and sunny but long long overdue.

Wrong thread mate

• Like 5

Posted

I was wondering how you got on today, Markyo. Really sorry to hear it. Stay strong, mate. One day I believe that we'll get our 'just rewards' with a stonker of a winter, and maybe even just an 'average' summer (by the 1961-1990 standards)...although all hell would break loose from some posters if that happened! 

Hope you get through the next few days ok, brother.

• Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

I personally would require a frontal Lobotomy to stand any chance of enjoying this kind of weather, 44c today, just over 4hrs in it, only going to get worse where i'm booked to go....my good mood from this summer has gone, feeling very down and unwell now.

Wrong thread mate

I think you should be having a discussion with your employer. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974  .You shouldn't be at work if it makes you ill. Including high temperatures. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I think you should be having a discussion with your employer. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974  .You shouldn't be at work if it makes you ill. Including high temperatures. 

There is no choice mate, without the kit we were servicing today folk would have been left in pain due to cancelled ops. There is myself and the MD, we run the company, if the work isn't done, we don't get paid.

Edited by markyo

15 minutes ago, markyo said:

Wrong thread mate

That's horrific, that would literally finish me off.

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

There is no choice mate, without the kit we were servicing today folk would have been left in pain due to cancelled ops. 

Yeah but there is. If it's making you ill it's not right . Nobody goes to wotk to be made ill or physically impaired. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
6 hours ago, wrightc23 said:

You have my sympathies, I lived in London and the south coast for twenty years until the early 2000's. I found the humidity accompanying hot spells unbearable back then, I dread to think what's it like now? 

Evening, all fellow "heat haters."

I can tell you what it's like, w23. Bl---y awful here in S.E. London.

Below, are the recent recordings of temp./relative humidity/humidity index, at nearby London City Airport. Around 7 miles due North of here.

image.thumb.png.ecacd81849a686407a049998beb781fb.png / image.thumb.png.9676ae3f13216cbec49126666d45b596.png / image.thumb.png.a547db82ac22d7ee9d3f2b28905c6f59.png

'Er indoors has recently had the Oven on, and both floors of our House, have become like a Sauna,

Have  got our Lounge fan on at full blast, and likewise will need our Bedroom fan on a high setting, to get any sort of sleep.

And likely to get worse, before it gets better.

Just viewed this Week ahead Forecast from Alex Deakin and it looks as if the Atlantic is going to take its time, to break through:

Regards,

Tom Q.  👍

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah but there is. If it's making you ill it's not right . Nobody goes to wotk to be made ill or physically impaired. 

We service and repair the autoclaves, they use 130c steam, it has to vent, CQC regs state no aircon, no outside ventilation for infection control, somebody has to look after them

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

We service and repair the autoclaves, they use 130c steam, it has to vent, CQC regs state no aircon, no outside ventilation for infection control, somebody has to look after them

Well mate. The law is the law. All rhe best chap anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Well mate. The law is the law. All rhe best chap anyway. 

Thanks...suspect its because of the summer we've just had, this weather hasn't allowed any acclimatisation time, it is very tough. 

On the plus side hope you can enjoy this week mate....beer garden weather it is if your off from work!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

UKMO and GEM breaks down on Mon.

GFS is an anomaly in that the low that succeeds on the other models is killed on arrival so the breakdown only shifts the warmest uppers. The high then rebuilds.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, markyo said:

Thanks...suspect its because of the summer we've just had, this weather hasn't allowed any acclimatisation time, it is very tough. 

On the plus side hope you can enjoy this week mate....beer garden weather it is if your off from work!

Cheers chap. Stay cool !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

ECM lala land cools us down. Temperatures do fall off slowly though.

At the moment though temperatures are falling off nicely so hopefully get cool air in the house again overnight. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

too early

nope! i think it's changes every year. Gonna snow in November this year😅

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Update: Today was interesting... The morning started like an almost winter-like morning. There was a very cold breeze & then it slowly faded as the blue sky started to show up after sunrise. After not even an hour had passed... The temperature climbed up higher & higher. The breeze I once felt was now dry air once again... The humidity wasn't too unbearable but it did cause me to feel tired & exhausted. I fallen asleep & I then woke up covered in sweat... So... It's once again me feeling irritated because what happened? Well... Summer certainly hasn't gone away... The season has changed & we're in September. It started out promising for us Heat Haters... It then changed & became an uncomfortable wave of heat that made feel sick... Ugh... Can we please just say goodbye to this stupid weather... I'm so sick of it!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 minutes ago, SakuraOwl said:

Update: Today was interesting... The morning started like an almost winter-like morning. There was a very cold breeze & then it slowly faded as the blue sky started to show up after sunrise. After not even an hour had passed... The temperature climbed up higher & higher. The breeze I once felt was now dry air once again... The humidity wasn't too unbearable but it did cause me to feel tired & exhausted. I fallen asleep & I then woke up covered in sweat... So... It's once again me feeling irritated because what happened? Well... Summer certainly hasn't gone away... The season has changed & we're in September. It started out promising for us Heat Haters... It then changed & became an uncomfortable wave of heat that made feel sick... Ugh... Can we please just say goodbye to this stupid weather... I'm so sick of it!

got another 9 days of heat to come

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
2 hours ago, SollyOlly said:

Bonkers. And all this after the record breaking heat of June, too. The climate has gone crazy...to echo some of the heat-fiends, "what we need is the coldest winter since 1963 to make up for this heat"...! 

With cold, anything that can go wrong, will. Heat it's the opposite. The GFS picked up that mega plume that's year 2 weeks in advance and it verified. Would that happen with cold? Even the "beast from the east" which required a monumental event to occur, was watered down to 3 days of chilly weather (admittedly Scotland was hit pretty badly though).

If this is the future, I want off the ride. Because of the way my house is designed, I cannot vent the hose from a true AC unit. If not for family commitments, id emigrate to the Shetlands. A pedestal fan just doesn't cut it in much like this.

• Like 2