Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Heat Haters Club 2023

Update: I think I can safely say that today is worse than yesterday. I noticed that the humidity rises so quickly within an hour of the sun rising for morning... The heat then begins to build upon itself. Within the first few hours. The heat & humidity has worked together to bring us that unbearable warmth with dry air & no breeze. The fact that this has been staying consistent is irritating... I honestly hope that this is the final heatwave this year. If this happens again in the next month or within September... -_-

[Edit:] Also enjoy your weekend everyone. Because once again the heatwave has waited especially for your days off to make the worst possible. It says that the hottest days will be Saturday & Sunday... -_-

Edited by SakuraOwl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

16c here this morning but humidity must be close to 100%. Sun now out🤢. Hopefully a sea breeze will kick in later, but very little breeze now. I am doing a major home office reconfiguration to introduce new hardware and bin old stuff. I am sweating like a pig. Another unfortunate consequence of heat is I tend to get the s**ts, but at least I am now WFH until next Thursday so should be out of the worst of it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I gave in and have had the a/c running 24/7 since Tuesday night, set to 23ºC. That's not because I necessarily hate the heat, I can cope to a degree (pun intended) with ibuprofen to keep migraines at bay.

I simply won't sleep well enough. something I don't want as my job needs me to be alert and it has driving as a significant part of it. It's costing me about £7/day on this new tariff, since it's on overnight.

Anyways, hopefully there's some spectacular elevated storms from this spell. Don't want the dangerous storms......

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Agree, it's truly awful this morning. I'm in full collar and tie too, making an opening address this morning, in a lovely old building...that of course has no aircon. This is becoming a struggle...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!
15 minutes ago, SakuraOwl said:

Update: I think I can safely say that today is worse than yesterday. I noticed that the humidity rises so quickly within an hour of the sun rising for morning... The heat then begins to build upon itself. Within the first few hours. The heat & humidity has worked together to bring us that unbearable warmth with dry air & no breeze. The fact that this has been staying consistent is irritating... I honestly hope that this is the final heatwave this year. If this happens again in the next month or within September... -_-

[Edit:] Also enjoy your weekend everyone. Because once again the heatwave has waited especially for your days off to make the worst possible. It says that the hottest days will be Saturday & Sunday... -_-

The mornings start of quite humid, in the 80% range, but by lunch time we’re back to normal levels of humidity, then becoming quite dry in the afternoon. 

It’s the afternoons I find uncomfortable, dry and airless.  

The mornings have been quite pleasant this week up until about midday.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
22 minutes ago, mike57 said:

16c here this morning but humidity must be close to 100%. Sun now out🤢. Hopefully a sea breeze will kick in later, but very little breeze now. I am doing a major home office reconfiguration to introduce new hardware and bin old stuff. I am sweating like a pig. Another unfortunate consequence of heat is I tend to get the s**ts, but at least I am now WFH until next Thursday so should be out of the worst of it.

I often tend to get the S**ts  aswell during hot spells. Thought maybe it was just me lol.  Maybe it's down to drinking more water then usual other then that I can't explain it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
1 minute ago, sundog said:

I often tend to get the S**ts  aswell during hot spells. Thought maybe it was just me lol.  Maybe it's down to drinking more water then usual other then that I can't explain it.

I suffer with severe ibs, the heat is like adding rocket fuel to it, so not a fan of the hot weather either

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, snowking said:

What a horrific night. 

Does anyone really genuinely enjoy this?

Only indoor thermometer I’ve got working at the moment is in the nursery and it’s been 24c+ in there most of the night, poor little thing was up at 4.30 for a drink to cool down. That was with a portable air conditioner running all day.

I can’t complain too much as we’ve been a bit fortunate really since June, especially in comparison to last year, but I can’t wait to see the back of this muck.

I don't think anyone enjoys hot nights, but people do love the sun bring out. I'm not enjoying this spell, June was perfect, it was sunny but not to hot.

• Like 2

Posted
17 hours ago, markyo said:

Love the way so many disagree with you....bit daft really aren't they,,,its the heat haters thread😅

They're just annoyed they didn't get their dose of 30+ degree in July and August. Loved reading all their moans over the past 2 months, have to say 🙂

• Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

I suffer with severe ibs, the heat is like adding rocket fuel to it, so not a fan of the hot weather either

Luckily got my ibs fairly well controlled now but heat hasn't ever really set it off. In fact I never found a trigger things like brown bread make it worse so I keep clear of that. Depending how your IBS effects you you can dehydrate which is a problem in hot weather. However I've also got prostate issues and heat reduces the runs to the loo.

Posted
21 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Luckily got my ibs fairly well controlled now but heat hasn't ever really set it off. In fact I never found a trigger things like brown bread make it worse so I keep clear of that. Depending how your IBS effects you you can dehydrate which is a problem in hot weather. However I've also got prostate issues and heat reduces the runs to the loo.

Same for my IBS. It is mostly stress related. I get the emails from the IBS Network and signed up to a trial of symprove. Jsut got the meds yesterday. 6 months worth! Bet it won't help though!

Could contain:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 hours ago, Schnee said:

I gave in and have had the a/c running 24/7 since Tuesday night, set to 23ºC. That's not because I necessarily hate the heat, I can cope to a degree (pun intended) with ibuprofen to keep migraines at bay.

I simply won't sleep well enough. something I don't want as my job needs me to be alert and it has driving as a significant part of it. It's costing me about £7/day on this new tariff, since it's on overnight.

Anyways, hopefully there's some spectacular elevated storms from this spell. Don't want the dangerous storms......

Yep we’ve had our air conditioner running constantly since the heat started! I usually turn it on at night but this house is so well insulated that the heat doesn’t leave it just builds up and up till it feels like the pit of hell!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
3 minutes ago, Pewkzii said:

Yep we’ve had our air conditioner running constantly since the heat started! I usually turn it on at night but this house is so well insulated that the heat doesn’t leave it just builds up and up till it feels like the pit of hell!

I'm definitely going to have to invest in a portable AC unit, every year now we get disruptive heat. I've got a 'water air cooler' thingy (really cheap and a bit nasty!), and although it's marginally better than a normal fan, it can't cope with the hot climate. I don't like the idea of getting an AC unit, but the time has come, I'm afraid...!

Maybe if I hold on until the winter, they'll be cheaper?! Until we get a tropical December, of course...grr!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, SollyOlly said:

I'm definitely going to have to invest in a portable AC unit, every year now we get disruptive heat. I've got a 'water air cooler' thingy (really cheap and a bit nasty!), and although it's marginally better than a normal fan, it can't cope with the hot climate. I don't like the idea of getting an AC unit, but the time has come, I'm afraid...!

Maybe if I hold on until the winter, they'll be cheaper?! Until we get a tropical December, of course...grr!!

I did the same as you used fans and those little cube things that are meant to cool the air nothing worked then last year leading up to the 40c heat i freaked out and said no…can’t take that and got one think it was about £120 something like that big white one with a hose that goes out the window

best thing I’ve ever done…no wind smacking me in the face and hair from the fan it feels like your sitting in the freezer and i love it lol

our room was 27c whacked it on and it went down to 20c and I can eat and sleep properly again 

you won’t regret buying one seriously every heat hater should grab one if they can ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
4 minutes ago, Pewkzii said:

I did the same as you used fans and those little cube things that are meant to cool the air nothing worked then last year leading up to the 40c heat i freaked out and said no…can’t take that and got one think it was about £120 something like that big white one with a hose that goes out the window

best thing I’ve ever done…no wind smacking me in the face and hair from the fan it feels like your sitting in the freezer and i love it lol

our room was 27c whacked it on and it went down to 20c and I can eat and sleep properly again 

you won’t regret buying one seriously every heat hater should grab one if they can ❤️

I've had one for 2 years now. Wouldn't be without it. Fans just blow warm air at you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Same for my IBS. It is mostly stress related. I get the emails from the IBS Network and signed up to a trial of symprove. Jsut got the meds yesterday. 6 months worth! Bet it won't help though!

Could contain:

It's just bacteria, that's it lol

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It's just bacteria, that's it lol

Which is why I'm thinking it's not going to work. Still at £20 a bottle and 12 bottles I've been sent that's £240's worth! 😮

Posted
59 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Which is why I'm thinking it's not going to work. Still at £20 a bottle and 12 bottles I've been sent that's £240's worth! 😮

Did you get them free

Posted

Well knocking on the door of a new record here 28.7C just of 28.8C recorded in 2021. Humidity at 20.1C.

Posted
2 hours ago, Premier Neige said:

I've had one for 2 years now. Wouldn't be without it. Fans just blow warm air at you. 

Yeah we couldn’t be without ours now! It’s been on constantly since the heat started it doesn’t seem overly expensive to run either

Hopefully we will be able to put it away next week till next year but it’s been a lifesaver for us! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Could contain:

Stress does set my off got to admit that other times it's got a mind of it's own. Eating tons of veg and salad helped me. What started it all was an operation I had. IBS was one of the side effects which wasn't mentioned and IBS undid what the operation was supposed to fix.

Back on subject managed to keep the air cons off. If it wasn't for the relative cooler mornings it would be running right now. As the nights get warmer it's going to be difficult to avoid running it.

Edited by The PIT
  • Thanks 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Pewkzii said:

Yeah we couldn’t be without ours now! It’s been on constantly since the heat started it doesn’t seem overly expensive to run either

Hopefully we will be able to put it away next week till next year but it’s been a lifesaver for us! 

Is it a dehumidifier, does it need water in it, or just a window to hang the pipe out of?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 hours ago, Pewkzii said:

I've been trying to convince 'er indoors that we need to invest in an Air Conditioning  unit but to no avail.

My OCD hygiene Wife is worried about bacteria and the threat of Legionnaire's Disease?? Don't ask, really.

Therefore, meet our Bedroom Fan Family.

From left to right; Petunia [Pet] Pedestal fan , our English Rose. Her 'fella Fabrizio Fan, a very vain Italian and their Daughter, Tulip the Turbo Fan;

image.png.1fa11e589909936d6f50afae88044abb.png / image.png.fdd968c0ec9197a4a2abfd2af691d6fc.png image.png.c9a43f66d433538cdc6e849436f21645.png

We've managed to get all the way through the Summer , with just using Petunia but Tonight we have succumbed to the heat down here and will press Fabrizio, back into service!!

My Wife has given all our electrical items, doubly alliterated names. Told you, she was mad!!

At the moment I'm typing this in our Lounge, with our Turkish exchange Student Fatima Fan, on her highest setting.

The only fan we havn't used so far in the last few Months is Todrana the Tower fan, and Italian Cousin, of Fabrizio Fan.

For the second evening running, 'er indoors will preparing our meal in Michelle the Microwave, rather than Corinne the Cooker,

Right, I'm just off to put Kenny the Kettle on, for a 'cuppa but it's not quite time for my medication yet, strangely enough!!

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍😓

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 5