Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - June 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing too severe here this afternoon, just one lone rumble this afternoon, and a couple of brief heavy downpours, maybe something developing to the south of here looking at the radar at the mo.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

yea Shropshire, Cheshire and Worcestershire missed out on most of it.

Hampshire missed out on all of it 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Went outside as we finally got some good cloud structures and my sister rang me on my mobile. Finally saw some intercloud flashes next band of cloud just heavy rain and no Thunder. The thunder I can hear is to the north east from the old cell.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Evening all. 😊⛈️

Second storm of the day now incoming from my south, from the Wrexham area. 🌩️⛈️😁👍🏻

I’m gonna post these two charts up here in the hope that they help others… Whilst I watch and wait, to hopefully capture some more lightning 🌩️ ⛈️😁🙏🏻🤞🏻

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here now for past 10/15 min, thunder in the very distance or high up.. I'm just glad of the rain and cooler temps.

Posted

Clearing away to the North now, not much in the way of T&L but some torrential rain 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Snowshine said:

Rubbish day here. Pretty much missed all the action by a few miles.

Screenshot2023-06-18181825.thumb.png.b2623b37fe01ad1f63aa4c2c4cc31c81.png

Don't worry ik how u feel haven't had a thunderstorm here SW wales worst place for them aha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Following the two storms I saw early this morning and this afternoons offerings I am happy with today. A good day for storms, even it they are not as intense as expected. I'd planned on staying home but did get drawn out for a 'mini chase' and went eastwards through Heanor and towards Eastwood and the M1. There was some very intense rain near Langley Mill/Eastwood but no lightning seen, despite lightning on the detectors. I felt the cell had hope so I headed north up the M1, eventually stopping just northeast of Clay Cross near M1 J29 to watch the storm move in. It looked on the lightning detector like it had become quite active, however I only caught a couple of flashes and a few distant rumbles before it decided to die out.  With that I had planned to home as didnt want to miss anything but ended up stuck in an accident (again!) on the M1. Luckily I just got back home in time (literally within 2-3 minutes) to catch a storm as it passed over, or at least close to, my home.

Whilst I was out chasing my footage from last Monday was left uploading to YouTube. Here it is if anyone wants to watch it, seeing as last Monday is old news now 😁

It has been nice for the storms to come to me for a change. I wonder if the cells south of Brum can turn electrical and make it 5 storms in a day.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

I think this equals last years thunder days by this point. I think I'm on something like 5 or 6, maybe 7. Another good year for me but only 2 of those have been active storms,  before today it had really been a structure chase season so far for me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Steady rain now and the odd rumble of Thunder. Should soon pass through. So a weak thunderstorms  and not the strong ones hinted at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
11 minutes ago, Azuremoon2 said:

yea Shropshire, Cheshire and Worcestershire missed out on most of it.

Worcestershire didn't do too badly, fair bit of activity in Redditch earlier and Worcester recently. Looks like South Warwickshire and North Staffordshire did the worst in the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Belter of a storm over morecambe bay 30 second rumbles and regular lightning 

Posted
11 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

Hey man, I wasn’t accusing you of ‘toy throwing’ just to be clear… just giving another perspective! I hope you get a cracker of storm in the near future… sometimes I think the ‘magic’ of a storm happening has been diminished somewhat because of all the info we have at hand. That said the best lightning storm I’ve witnessed (2020? ) which happened around midnight, I did stay up for because of the radar! I may have missed most of it otherwise. 

i don't think it was you, it was somebody from Leeds if I remember correctly, its fine though. I didnt mean for it to come across that way. Just frustrating when you cancel plans because of the forecast and it turns out to be a nice day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Unless something spontaneous pops up, I can't see anything stormy happening for my area, everything looks in line to miss.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

And someone was telling me last night we were the place to be 😂

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

tbh Hampshire wasnt really in the warning area though...but I do hope you get a great storm soon, you are due a plume from the near continent

Posted
14 minutes ago, SqueakheartLW said:

Maybe we'll be in luck yet. It seems Scunthorpe is also in the path of that storm free zone too.

Untitled.thumb.png.d27d04c4957b78148b304ef5f2bcac62.png

This area to the south has seen precipitation activity start up recently. Maybe the next burst of storm development is taking place here.

Hopefully. Weather does suggest thundery showers near midnight so guess we'll see if things pick up down south again 

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

And someone was telling me last night we were the place to be 😂

You are for chilling air, and no rain!

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Radar shows inbound. Think I heard thunder.

Posted

Rubbish looks a bust for good/severe storms today. This blanket of cloud covering most of Uk is killing anything noteworthy happening.

If heavy convective rainfall is what you like though you probably won't be disappointed..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Just a little damp driving through the M69, nearly had to stop but it quickly passed. 

• Like 2