Do you find 25°C to be hot?

Met.

Do you find 25°C hot?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find 25°C hot?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/23 at 18:10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Anything between 23 /27c is great any more with the usual humidity is a pain for anything physical though higher temps quite often bring reasonably decent storms 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Absolutely no.

I think for most people it probably sits around the sweet spot where it isn't too hot or too cold. I like it a few degrees warmer, but each to their own.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

25°C is a great temperature for most things imo. When it’s cloudy it means it’s still warm, but when it sunny it means it’s not too hot.

As said though, got to take into consideration wind, humidity, sun strength etc

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

That was a special summer, and wasn’t too humid either. Just dry, sunny and hot. 

Yes indeed, a good period in general!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
11 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I agree with this.

I remember 25c feeling coolish in late August 1995 due to the fact we had weeks of mostly 27-32c days, with the odd cooler day.

That was a special summer, and wasn’t too humid either. Just dry, sunny and hot. 

August 1995 represents my ideal summer conditions. Perhaps the summer could have been a little more thundery, but aside from that it was up there with 1989 as best summer I can remember of my lifetime.

7 hours ago, Don said:

Yes indeed, a good period in general!

I've said this before but for my own tastes, you could make an ideal year by taking 1995, but swapping out Jan, Feb, Sep and Nov with the equivalent months in 1985.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Summer8906 said:

I've said this before but for my own tastes, you could make an ideal year by taking 1995, but swapping out Jan, Feb, Sep and Nov with the equivalent months in 1985.

Could you imagine that, a classic 'something for everyone' year!  Would be like a continental year.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

For me its warm-hot. Not sweltering and a lovely temp for more relaxed activities like walking, lounging around, swimming in a pool but I wouldn't want to do anything strenuous in it like running or hard outdoor work. In terms of indoor temps its on the uncomfortable side, I dont want to be sleeping or doing office work ion that temp I far prefer my indoor temps upper teens or low twenties. 

• Like 1

Posted

My personal thermostat may be set a bit higher (in terms of tolerance) since I lived most of my life in climate zones with hotter summers than any part of the United Kingdom. (mostly Ontario and interior BC). So for me, 25 C is quite moderate unless it's a very humid 25, that could be a bit oppressive. A dry 30 is hot but comfortable for me. I think it's getting hot at 35 C and I have experienced 44 C but a more humid 32 to 35 C in eastern Canada feels about as hot as a dry desert 45 C heat (although your skin burns faster in that intense sunlight). 

I noticed when we moved from Ontario to BC that people in BC had a different (lower) tolerance for humidity. I would hear people saying "it's so humid" when temp and dewpoint were like 24/16, something that is pretty close to the average in June in Ontario and I wasn't feeling the humidity at all. It rarely gets all that humid with heat out west here, maybe a 21 C dew point with 33 C temp the odd time, which is borderline oppressive to me. A full-on eastern heat wave can easily get to 35/24 sorts of combinations with humidex of 45-50. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Seems like generally, the people who don't consider 25c to be anything special all live in London/SE, and the people who consider it hot live in the north. As expected.

• Insightful 1