Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

First half of September sunshine totals!

East Sussex running away with the lead lol.

Isle of Wight still doing below expected. Has it really been that much duller down there?? Can't beat the station giving faulty readings as they hit 323 hours back in June and were perched at the top!

The more I do these tables, the more I don't believe in figure adjusting for specific stations. Heathrow are always hovering about in the top bracket and always have very similar figures to neighbours Surrey for example. Any adjustment would put them just behind East Sussex! Way I see it is either no stations need to be adjusted or they all do. But hey, we all have our different opinions, it's all good 👍

Could contain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Beautiful morning, warm and sunny. Already up to 21c.

IMG_6402.thumb.jpeg.f820f233a4b54e50e8177b96c27f281f.jpeg

Should hit 27c before it turns showery tomorrow…

IMG_6403.thumb.jpeg.1311e54dc670d663b9a7e240276308b9.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

A nice dry morning on the Yorkshire Coast, hazy sunshine, gentle breeze and a pleasant 17°c,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely sunny morning yet again but with humidity creeping up, should reach around 24-25c here, probably for the last time this year?

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Lovely sunny morning yet again but with humidity creeping up, should reach around 24-25c here, probably for the last time this year?

Could contain:

Probably 😢

Unsettled from tomorrow and that’s probably it for the really warm weather until next Spring/Summer. 

Once proper Autumn sets in my interest wanes as there’s little of interest until late November at the earliest - no heat, no snow - except maybe a bit of frost and fog. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny ☀️ morning in west London, currently 20°C with a NE’ly breeze. September really is delivering this year 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, danm said:

Probably 😢

Unsettled from tomorrow and that’s probably it for the really warm weather until next Spring/Summer. 

Once proper Autumn sets in my interest wanes as there’s little of interest until late November at the earliest - no heat, no snow - except maybe a bit of frost and fog. 

Dunno. We could still get some better days than July in October. Some of that dross in July was awful. 17c. Windy. Wet. Could easily get above that . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely sunny ☀️ morning in west London, currently 20°C with a NE’ly breeze. September really is delivering this year 😊

Delivering a nice sprinkling of rain… 😅

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Delivering a nice sprinkling of rain… 😅

Looks like SE is best today, beautiful so far 

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Could contain:

Definitely. More standard September has taken hold elsewhere.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Definitely. More standard September has taken hold elsewhere.

Only a matter of time. Have done pretty well so far, makes up a bit for that yucky July

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Only a matter of time. Have done pretty well so far, makes up a bit for that yucky July

Yes it’s been decent so far… no level of good September will make up for how rubbish July was though. Only a July like 2006, 2013 or 2018 next year will imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
1 hour ago, danm said:

Beautiful morning, warm and sunny. Already up to 21c.

IMG_6402.thumb.jpeg.f820f233a4b54e50e8177b96c27f281f.jpeg

Should hit 27c before it turns showery tomorrow…

IMG_6403.thumb.jpeg.1311e54dc670d663b9a7e240276308b9.jpeg

I am so jealous, you guys in the south east have have struck it lucky the past several days with mostly full days sun.

it’s dull here and has been raining overnight and still raining, we were on half an inch an hour ago and it’s been raining since so think we could possible reach nearly an inch by the afternoon. Hoping it brightens up later 😕 enjoy 

1 hour ago, SunSean said:

First half of September sunshine totals!

East Sussex running away with the lead lol.

Isle of Wight still doing below expected. Has it really been that much duller down there?? Can't beat the station giving faulty readings as they hit 323 hours back in June and were perched at the top!

The more I do these tables, the more I don't believe in figure adjusting for specific stations. Heathrow are always hovering about in the top bracket and always have very similar figures to neighbours Surrey for example. Any adjustment would put them just behind East Sussex! Way I see it is either no stations need to be adjusted or they all do. But hey, we all have our different opinions, it's all good 👍

Could contain:

I’m moving to Eastbourne, the sunniest place in England 🤭

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Could contain:

Honestly it’s like a carbon copy of the satellite since Wednesday, I’d like a good stretch of sun and warmth before proper autumn…soooo bummed! Ha

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Dunno. We could still get some better days than July in October. Some of that dross in July was awful. 17c. Windy. Wet. Could easily get above that . 

Yes we absolutely could. 20-22c and sunny is still possible into October, but any chance of 25c+ weather essentially goes by then. So no heat. Would gladly take a sunny, warm October with temperatures up to 20c than wind and rain. 

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, danm said:

Yes we absolutely could. 20-22c and sunny is still possible into October, but any chance of 25c+ weather essentially goes by then. So no heat. Would gladly take a sunny, warm October with temperatures up to 20c than wind and rain. 

I hope so, I’m not ready to hang up my summer dresses and sandals just yet 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I hope so, I’m not ready to hang up my summer dresses and sandals just yet 

If we could get crisp, cold, sunny days with frost and fog I’d take that too. What I despise is a fired up jet stream bringing low after low with frequent bouts of wind and rain, which is common in the UK in autumn. Worst type of weather in my opinion. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
32 minutes ago, danm said:

Probably 😢

I love summer warmth, but I'm actually looking forward to autumn and the Atlantic steam train. Down here we get a lot of blustery thunderstorms aNd torrential downpours off the warm channel when low pressures come in from the west in autumn, plus a few windstorms! 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, danm said:

If we could get crisp, cold, sunny days with frost and fog I’d take that too. What I despise is a fired up jet stream bringing low after low with frequent bouts of wind and rain, which is common in the UK in autumn. Worst type of weather in my opinion. 

Well especially as July and most of august were poor

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Freeze said:

I love summer warmth, but I'm actually looking forward to autumn and the Atlantic steam train. Down here we get a lot of blustery thunderstorms aNd torrential downpours off the warm channel when low pressures come in from the west in autumn, plus a few windstorms! 

Usually i’d be right with you but I don’t feel fulfilled from a warmth and sun perspective just yet, was really hoping for a dry warm sunny September after the first 3rd being like that but looks like our luck has run out ☔️ 

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
14 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Honestly it’s like a carbon copy of the satellite since Wednesday, I’d like a good stretch of sun and warmth before proper autumn…soooo bummed! Ha

Must be frustrating for you, totally get it. The SE often does well in these synoptics. Hopefully the sunshine will hang on all day and some will appear your way 

20 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yes it’s been decent so far… no level of good September will make up for how rubbish July was though. Only a July like 2006, 2013 or 2018 next year will imo.

Agree!

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, danm said:

Yes I dislike that, too. Can’t beat those cold sunny days and foggy, frosty nights, love them. Atlantic wind and rain definitely gets old quite quickly, don’t mind short spells of it but it often goes on and on for weeks/months

• Thanks 1