IGNORED

Forum is slow

Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Sounds odd. Do you login with username/ password or with one of the third party options?

User and password directly worked 2nd time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
15 hours ago, Paul said:

It's totally separate to the forum. I'm not seeing any issues on there at the moment on monitoring, server loads or using it. But it could be something network related somewhere. I'll keep an eye on things.

It's slowest why you go to switch on the weather type.

Posted

I'd maybe recommend clearing your browser cache and restarting your device to see if that helps, as we've not had anyone else reporting issues and  it all seems to be working normally from what I can see. 

Posted
6 hours ago, The PIT said:

User and password directly worked 2nd time

Ok thanks. I've turned up the error logging a level, so if it happens tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to get an error code which may help to track it down. Please let me know if it happens and about what time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
19 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Don't know if it's related or not, but the radar is very slow tonight and struggling to load data

image.thumb.png.0bbff8d71bffcf8bd2abcc30f800c50a.png

It has been very slow for me as well SS

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Define slow please? SS posted a pic there of the background map not loading, is that what you're seeing or something else?

Yep, tiles taking a long time to load, or blank. Also, when clicking back previous frames, the radar echoes took quite a long to time to appear.

Posted

The thing is, those things are generally cached on the PC/device. which is one of the reasons I told SS to clear his cache. So, perhaps try that or incognito to see if it helps. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, Paul said:

The thing is, those things are generally cached on the PC/device. which is one of the reasons I told SS to clear his cache. So, perhaps try that or incognito to see if it helps. 

Funny you should mention that, I literally did a windows install on a brand new nvme drive, so there were zero cookies to start with.

Posted

Maybe if you can pm me a har file (assuming it's still happening?) we can see what's happening locally and try to understand, as it's not a widespread issue and not something I can recreate either locally in multiple browsers or on our testing platform.

Edit - don't think you'll be able to pm a har file - so please email it in via the site. 

https://community.netweather.tv/contact/

I recommend sanitising it first, more info here

SUPPORT.ZENDESK.COM

Zendesk Customer Support may occasionally need additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser. A member of the team may ask you to record a HAR file, or a log ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
On 30/11/2023 at 17:07, Paul said:

Maybe if you can pm me a har file (assuming it's still happening?) we can see what's happening locally and try to understand, as it's not a widespread issue and not something I can recreate either locally in multiple browsers or on our testing platform.

Edit - don't think you'll be able to pm a har file - so please email it in via the site. 

https://community.netweather.tv/contact/

I recommend sanitising it first, more info here

SUPPORT.ZENDESK.COM

Zendesk Customer Support may occasionally need additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser. A member of the team may ask you to record a HAR file, or a log ...

I have sent a .har file over via the website

Posted

I think the situation has improved a fair bit, so we're hoping Invision can continue on that path and fully sort it.

The option to move back to our own servers is still on the table, but the truth is that it would involve some downtime too.

• Like 1

Posted

I've updated our status page to use the checks we've set up to capture these short downtimes, rather than the older version which was missing them. It's not especially helpful in terms of getting this sorted, I know, but it does at least make everything as transparent as possible. It is also highlighting that after some improvement at the end of November, the issue has actually got worse again this week, unfortunately. So, we'll be doubling our efforts to push Invision to resolve it asap. 

https://status.netweather.tv/

• Like 1