Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Merry Christmas everyone… food coma territory 😴 💤 

Had a white Christmas… but of the hail variety… was quite heavy and now colder here… 4c… 

chopping and changing in models… maybe some interest for cold and snow in January… 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Coming to an end Xmas bed here in Spain.. fantastic 18c sunny day beautiful blue sky since I arrived on Dec 21rst

IMG_7041.jpeg

Edited by raul_sbd
  • Like 8

Posted

Grey showery and mild yesterday, lots of fireworks being set off around here last night.  Own up, who watched Wizard of Oz?  I did 😁

Rain eased me from my sleep at 5.40, hitting bedroom window hard, so I'm up, find it hard to lie in even on days off.  7.7°C currently and wet.  Hoping to cram a decent walk in today.

• Like 9

Posted

A bit of wintry sleetness in the overnight showers that passed through here from 11pm until 6am accompanied by some blustery gales that have now abated to allow some sleep before popping away for the usual chrimbo family gathering, hoping for a decent day later on in the week to have a quiet walk in/around the Derbyshire Dales before true winter sets in ahead of the possible SSW Event into early January.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Few showers about mostly light in nature cooler too 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A nice bright morning, but clouded in by lunchtime with a couple of showers early afternoon. A cooler feel than the last few days.

• Like 6

Posted

1c out cloud increasing lovely day with sunshine west of Keswick… so pretty in the sunshine and more seasonal temperatures… back to wet and windy tomorrow for travels home 🏡 

Models all over the shop atm… chopping and changing… maybe new years and after colder and more winter like… wouldn’t mind some cold sunny dry weather for a couple of weeks… 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas. Going on a diet tomorrow, had too much chocolate haha. Quality street, black magic, ferrero rocher etc lol. Onto the weather and interest is building I reckon. ECM showing some super cold air to our E/NE, we begin to bring that in a bit during the last frame. For once can we get it into the reliable? because pressure does look like building over Scandi thereafter. Hopefully we can get winter going properly 2nd week January onward.

ECM0-240.GIF?26-0

• Like 7

Posted

Feeling a bit more cooler now, currently 4.7°C.  I would love to be waking up to a crisp frosty morning, especially after looking at the radar just now and seeing what is on its way.  Oooof a bit unpleasantly wet.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After the mild conditions of the last few days it felt a lot more seasonal sat on the football tonight and down to 4c driving over the tops coming back home.

probably would have been even lower if that cloud hadn’t rolled in during the afternoon.

anyway back to normal tomorrow with strong winds and heavy, driving rain.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rush2019 said:

Feeling a bit more cooler now, currently 4.7°C.  I would love to be waking up to a crisp frosty morning, especially after looking at the radar just now and seeing what is on its way.  Oooof a bit unpleasantly wet.

Yep, went out for a walk earlier and it was noticeable how much cooler it felt compared to recently. 

Edited by weatherCharter
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
2 hours ago, Rush2019 said:

Yeah tomorrow looks vile. Unfortunately I have to go out in it at some point. Brolly will get destroyed in the wind so the hooded coat will have to suffice 😬

• Like 6

Posted

Merry Christmas to all sorry it’s late I’ve got some kind of lurgi 🤢hope you all had a lovely day been not well since Christmas Day morning of all the times 😩

Squits is not the word but you get the idea😂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

5°C here in Hadfield. Breeze picking up but most likely rain for here. 

Later today looks very wet and at times windy too. Ill be staying in, no point going out.

@WillinGlossop

Looking forward to the Fireworks on Sunday evening.  I'll need to bring some gluten free food for Tom. Pm me if you need me to bring extra stuff for the winter bbq.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 6