Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yes please

these showers look slow moving a few cm quite possible very similar to Tuesday morning also rolling through the timeline a possible streamer setting up be a nice way to end this cold spell,still maintain that February is looking very interesting,looking at the models at the moment you would think I am mad suggesting such a thing I look at it at the atmosphere resetting itself.Give it seven days or so and I am sure the models will look more interesting.

IMG_2331.png

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Yes please

these showers look slow moving a few cm quite possible very similar to Tuesday morning also rolling through the timeline a possible streamer setting up be a nice way to end this cold spell,still maintain that February is looking very interesting,looking at the models at the moment you would think I am mad suggesting such a thing I look at it at the atmosphere resetting itself.Give it seven days or so and I am sure the models will look more interesting.

IMG_2331.png

Looks promising for Cheshire gap area , especially SW Cheshire. Fingers crossed 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes please

IMG_2331.png

Absolutely 👍

• Like 6

Posted

Down to -6.1'c in Buxton this morning with a daytime max of 1.3'c and now the sun is going down it's beginning to feel a lot colder outside once again, it didn't quite make it to being a 'ice day' for these parts but the ice that lingered in the shade and away from any direct sunlight gave some good fractals for photographing. I'll be looking at the RADAR for this evening as it looks like (barring frontal snow) the possible showers from 7pm will be our last chance of seeing any snowfall until the next cold-snap occurs.

44.thumb.jpg.e15d1f1fa41071b9b01928e424c1a626.jpg45.thumb.jpg.7e05bf7ce02debfe9de4823c6db86f63.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Currently 2°C, reporting from Manchester Royal.  Been shunted to various rooms without windows, so loving all the pics. Cannot see if any cloud is building.  

• Like 8

Posted

Back from a quick walk with the dog and I can see the top of that shower over Llandudno. It looks quite impressive and if that's the sort of thing some of us see later, then it could be a decent evening to slowly wind down this cold spell. 

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Back from a quick walk with the dog and I can see the top of that shower over Llandudno. It looks quite impressive and if that's the sort of thing some of us see later, then it could be a decent evening to slowly wind down this cold spell. 

It looks good on the webcam overlooking Cheshire from Macc, with more shower-clouds following behind too.

https://www.maccinfo.com/hanginggate.html

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a8256f75aec900a924a9c18035aecc27.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Definitely a more westerly movement to those showers and I have snow icons for tonight might be a pleasant surprise for some 

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Looks promising for Cheshire gap area , especially SW Cheshire. Fingers crossed 

Rather hoping that we don't see snow showers leading to ice before 10pm when Mrs FLT and I return from our weekly dance session. A beautiful but really cold day today and still not a cloud in sight. 

• Like 5

Posted

I want a bit more snow, I hope to be home before it starts though.  Lots of waiting round today and various tests prior to radiotherapy treatment, looks like I'll be a little while yet.  The radar is my window.🙂

• Like 9

Posted
Just now, Rush2019 said:

I want a bit more snow, I hope to be home before it starts though.  Lots of waiting round today and various tests prior to radiotherapy treatment, looks like I'll be a little while yet.  The radar is my window.🙂

Spoke to my daughter earlier she said Bollington was like an ice box this morning and there was steam coming of the Bol

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Rush2019 said:

Hope all goes well 🤞🤞🤞 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

Hope it goes well. 😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

Best of luck mate was there in 2006 with malignant melanoma to many years in the sun baking myself 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Anything that falls will certainly stick around.

This Evening and Tonight:

A scattering of snow showers in the south on Thursday evening. These dying out overnight and then remaining dry. Temperatures quickly plummeting after sunset with a widespread and severe frost developing. Risk of icy stretches and freezing fog patches. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

• Like 5

Posted

The current heavy shower east of IOM has our region’s name on it , maybe Wirral? 

Edited by Joe Bloggs
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

Some serious looking cloud passing over us currently. Are we expecting any unexpected snow?

It's -2°C here currently 

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Joe Bloggs said:

The current heavy shower east of IOM has our region’s name on it 

Need them to start blowing up a bit.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As far as i can make safely my journey to Mcr Airport in the morning im ok with a few snow showers between now and midnight.. Flight leaving hopefully 6am..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Below freezing here again, Max was 0.8°C.

10 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Some serious looking cloud passing over us currently. Are we expecting any unexpected snow?

It's -2°C here currently 

If we were expecting it it wouldn't be unexpected 😂

Yes we are

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
47 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Yes please

IMG_2331.png

Hopefully like Tues they’ll reach as Far South East as me here in Sandbach as it  would be great to get another dusting - covering would be the icing on the cake to end this cold spell.  Feeling v  cold today a high of 2c after a low of -8c. Weekend is looking wet & windy, stormy even with Feb perhaps holding more wintry interest for us

🥶❄️

• Like 5

Posted

For Manc 5th Jan to 11th Jan 1.5 below. 12th to 18th 4 below. 2.75 below for the 2 weeks.  So very cold 2 weeks based on 91 to 2010. Not sure cet but think over the 2 weeks it would be borderline cold very cold fortnight. Week from 12th very cold either way. Damn, I wished these cold spells lasted longer!!!!

• Like 5

Posted

Is the GFS going down the GEM & Control route from this morn? 🤔

gfsnh-0-240.thumb.png.5403747e8e6e9239d639461bd12d8771.png

• Like 3