Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Been mostly ok here with odd spots of rain  thousand fold better than yesterday 

• Like 5

Posted
Posted (edited)

Thunder!! And again 

Edited by Mark.C
  • Like 8

Posted

Sun has been out for half an hour… temp up from 17c to 19.6c 

making lamb tagine on low and slow… smells lovely and fragrant… making mixed raisin cous cous with spearmint 🌿 from garden 🪴 

both aching from exploits in Londonford… need some medicinal Moroccan 🇲🇦 food 🥘 

• Like 6

Posted

Lamb tagine and cous cous for tea… will the theatre of streams get a downpour tonight? 
☔☔☔

IMG_9133.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

WillinGlossop Looks very tasty. Wish I could get British Lamb over here ! Going to watch the game shown on in the local bar with a couple of other United fans in the village. We are not currently a happy lot. Must say will be a lot better than watching those two bore fest playoff recently from the Championship. Don't rate any of them to survive in the Premiership next season ( for those who qualify ). Hope Crewe win at Wembley.

C

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An overcast but dry morning here, the sun burst through at times after lunch and a nice end to the afternoon. Just the briefest of light showers early afternoon, not enough to wet the ground though. Temp reached 19.6C and a muggy feel again.

• Like 5

Posted
Posted (edited)

Not too bad a day overall, we've escaped the heavier showers, indeed just a couple of light ones. Bright rather than sunny.

Tomorrow could see the far north of the region staying mainly dry, compared to much of the region, we shall see.

Just watched NW news, 'warm and wet' typical for May was the remark, hardly, it with April on average are our driest months. August is warm and wet..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted

Morning.  Yesterday was a conveyor of showers from around 4pm into the evening, didn't have any of the torrential downpours that Leek had, showers had burned themselves out a bit by the time they reached Macc.

Noticed the cooler feel in temp this morning, not cold just cooler. 11°C, it's bright sunny and dewy, ground and surfaces very wet, there's a proper fog on the tops.  Rain Later?

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely start to the day and warm though some clouds around 

• Like 5

Posted

Warm and sunny. The exact opposite of what was forecast.

• Like 5

Posted

19c sunny ☀️ slight breeze… lovely… just going for wonder around Glossopia before showers arrive 

☀️☔☀️☔☀️

• Like 5

Posted

I've been away with Mrs FLT for a few days visiting a family member in Munich. A great place to visit and weather was wonderful, but it was a very active visit for us senior citizens and we were exhausted by the time we negotiated Munich airport and arrived back in Manchester late last night.

I've had a quick flick through seven pages of NW discussion and I was particularly interested in the storms on Sunday. It seems there was nothing at Crewe (not unusual), but plenty of thundery activity in and around Manchester and I was actually glad that we left Manchester Airport on 10am on Sunday morning, as later flights may have been affected by the storms and would certainly have provided a bumpy ride out of the airport.

So to today and I note a rain warning for later today and this evening. So, the burning question is, do I put the washing out?   

• Like 7

Posted

UKV shows potential for up to 2 inches of rain to fall within 2 hours around Buxton & Macclesfield this evening due to a active weather front and wind convergence over the Peak District. Something to keep a eye on into rushhour.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

weatherobsuk You'll be alright as you live half way up the side of a valley.

@Rush2019 Get your dinghy ready.

• Like 6

Posted
Posted (edited)

As I anticipated, Cumbria appears to be best placed today for dryness, well, in terms of escaping the frontal feature plaguing southern parts of the region at least. Just a light shower so far today, may be an odd rogue one this afternoon

Outlook quite decent as well, for the Lake District dry days on the trot are par for the course April and May, but sadly become less likely late June onwards. Ive said before now is the time to visit, late April to late June window.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

After a bright start the inevitable rain had to arrive like a magnet to this area. Not a great afternoon but at least there's no wind with it nor is it chilly. More nuisance value than anything else. Still looks good this weekend more so Sunday. Going to sunbathe! 🌞🌞🌞

• Like 5

Posted

Other than drizzly rain the heavier stuff is staying south of here… looking at the radar it maybe Buxton & macc get a soaking where as we stay damp… 

• Like 5

Posted

Had Worse   🤣  A dinghy, I don't own a dinghy, the only thing I own to keep me afloat is an inflatable Freddie Mercury. 🤣

second afternoon on the trot I've got soaked.  Been steady moderate rain for a while.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Had an intense downpour about half 1 ish. Very very localised in the east side of town by the looks of it. A lot of minor surface water flooding, not evident on the other side of town.

Radar confirms.

• Like 7

Posted

Quite bright at times though some dark looking cloud bases and occasional spot of  rain 

• Like 5